“Awful hotel, needs refurbishment, decent clean and menu.”

Holiday Inn Warrington
Ranked #13 of 21 Hotels in Warrington
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
“Awful hotel, needs refurbishment, decent clean and menu.”
Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

I have just stayed for two night. Where do I begin.
14 people in the restaurant and it still took 90 mins to get starter and main. Starter was awful, not ad described and at 5.25 was the most expensive badly cooked cheese on toast ever. Main was shocking. Slow cooked pork belt was rancid, all fat, what meat there was, was tough and had a strange taste and odour. Mash was not seasoned and lumpy. I have had better on prison hot plates. My room had a large non descript stain on the carpet. Heating wasn't on so had to put air con on at full heat. The shower curtain smelt and the bathroom had black stains around the tap. Avoid this place at all costs. If it can not cope with 20 guests what will it do when full.

• Stayed March 2013
GMWarrington, General Manager at Holiday Inn Warrington, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear PhiliC,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments onto the Tripadvisor website following your recent stay at Holiday Inn Warrington.
I was sorry to read you did not enjoy your stay. Please accept my sincere apologies for the problems you encountered. I have sent you a private message as I would like to resolve the issues you encountered.
I look forward to hearing from you

Paul Ellison

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
London, UK
Reviewed March 1, 2013

This is the second time I have stayed here, it's Ok but I wouldn't come here for fun. My room was smelly but they changed it instantly without any questions and comped my WiFi to say sorry.

WiFi is monumentally expensive by the way.

Staff are friendly and the room was comfortable.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear scribbit_finhangle,

I was sorry to hear you encountered a problem with the room. I was glad to hear Raymond resolved your issue.
I was pleased to read you found the team to be friendly, this is so important to our guests. I will ensure I share your feedback with the team.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Warrington in the near future.

Bromsgrove, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Stayed for a night recently with our four children while visiting relatives in the area. Certainly no worse than some Holiday Inns we have stayed at and, believe me, I'm a very picky so-and-so. Rooms the usual standard - comfortable enough, clean as far as we could tell. Reception staff friendly though long wait on arriving while Suited Men from the US were treated like royalty (where was the 2nd receptionist, I wondered).

Main issue: breakfast. Some HIs are fantastic with a comprehensive range of items. This was not exactly the worst and the staff on duty dealt with any shortcomings prompty. However, God help you if you need a gluten-free diet as out eldest daughter does. In other HIs she would have had the choice of cheese, yoghurts, various fruits etc etc. Here the range was sadly lacking and she couldn't eat the sausages (although at least the staff knew they contained gluten - many places wouldn't have a clue!). Chef did do his best by finding some gluten-free bread rolls whihc he warmed for her, but overall Could Do Better for guests with special diets.

But all-in-all definitely not a one or two star hotel!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank AndThenThereWereFive
Dear Bethanandco,

I was pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay at the Hotel. I have noted your comments about the options we provide for Gluten free. This is something I will take onboard and improve.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Wanted £50 for 5 days internet. Said I would not get approval for that. Asked them to look up one thing at reception- the location of my next days work. They wouldn't said I have to buy the internet. Ended up being late for work because of that. Hotel barely 3 stars. When I said I wanted to check out they said I could not. Not without going through the booking agent otherwise they would charge me.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Shay103,

I was very disappointed to read you did not have a good stay at the Hotel. Over the last few years we've invested heavily in providing our guests with super high speed, secure internet.
Technically, what sets us apart is the amount of bandwidth each hotel enjoys. So, unlike a basic broadband connection, we're able to guarantee excellent speed, not just for a few of our guests, but for hundreds.
In addition we offer 24/7 technical support should you require any assistance. To make all this possible we do need to apply a sensible charge for internet use.
We value and appreciate your comments and we are currently looking at how we meet all our guests expectations on the quality and price of internet’.
I also contacted you on the day you checked out to discuss your complaint but I have not heard back from you. Please contact me paul.ellison@ihg.com , I am committed to resolving any issues you experienced.

Paul Ellison

Travelers are raving about these Warrington hotels

manchester
Reviewed February 25, 2013

we was a party of 8 celebrating my parents 50th wedding anniversary and their renewel of vows . we stayed friday till sunday . on deciding on what my parents wanted to do .my parents and my partner and myself went to the hotel to see what was available to a party and what we could book or not . so this is for CLAIRE many thank you's from us all . you was so friendly and you helped us with all our questions and offered some of your own . you worked so hard to accomidate all our wants and wishes . once again thank you .
now once at the hotel we was introduced to CHRISTINE my god this lady does work . she helped us with everything from offering to help carry stuff to little things like putting our flowers and cake in the bar cellar to keep cool . Christine you made our weekend . you had a smile no matter what time it was ( and then we are talking about early hours in the morning while handing over to the night staff )you always had time to chat and have a laugh .once again CHRISTINE thank you for everything you did .
now can i say that we saw many faces that worked at the hotel .from the waiting staff in the resturant to the nice lads on the bar and the other reception staff ,even the ladies doing to rooms .i do appologise we did not get all your names but YOU all made us welcome with a smile and hello
so to EVERYONE at the HOLIDAY INN WARRINGTON
THANK YOU .
we will be back

Room Tip: for a good stay and worth the money stay at this hotel
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear loopytraveller,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments onto the Tripadvisor website following your recent visit to Holiday Inn Warrington.
I was delighted to hear that your event was a success, I was particularly pleased to read about your praise for our team. I will ensure they are recognised for this excellent service.

Nantwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 22, 2013

We recently stayed for 2 nights at this hotel.
The Receptionist, Christine, was courteous, helpful and a pleasure to deal with.
5 Stars for her.
The room was clean and comfortable.
The restaurant dinner on the first night was beginning to let it down as the order was mixed up and missing dishes.
Then up springs a waitress called Pam who rescued the whole event. Nothing was too much trouble for that girl. She was amazing and she shone through again at the next 2 days breakfasts. She too deserves 5 stars! Thank you Pam.

We would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of the hotel for a quieter experience.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Epicurianguy,

I was sorry to hear that you encountered a problem in the restaurant but I was glad to hear Pam resolved the issues for you. I will ensure that both Christine and Pam get the recognition for their excellent service.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Holliday Inn. Just do not expect 5 star service there.
Better than any other in this chain, ideal for 1 night stay when driving. Clean Rooms, Quick check In, Lots of Parking Spaces, good Location. What else can I say? Good Value for money

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dear DimitriC,

I was delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay, I was particularly pleased to read how highly you rate our Hotel. I will ensure I share your feedback with the team.