“Good food and quality sleep” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Warrington

Holiday Inn Warrington
Ranked #13 of 21 Hotels in Warrington
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Good food and quality sleep”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

I recently spent 1 night at this hotel, the staff are friendly and check-in was simple. The rooms are looking dated now but comfortable with; AC, digital TV, desk, hanging space, sofa, double bed bathroom with powerful shower. Due to the proximity to the motorway, traffic noise is noticeable if you are on the wrong side of the building - double glazing wouldn't go a miss.

Internet connection is available but opportunity to test it.

The restaurant provides a varied hot and cold breakfast with friendly service, the evening meal was excellent. The food arrives in a generation portion, hot and good taste.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
GMWarrington, General Manager at Holiday Inn Warrington, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear bobster9999,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments onto the Tripadvisor website following your recent visit to the Holiday Inn Warrington.
I was delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay, I was particularly pleased to read of your positive comments about food quality. I will ensure I share your comments with the team.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Warrington in the near future.

Paul Ellison

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Carlisle, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

This is the 3rd time we have stayed here... But due to recent bad experiences at other hotels in this chain ( haydock park - shocking customer service) along with great customer service at this hotel again. I feel obliged to tell all, like to tell the good too!
As mentioned great customer service from the front desk... At first it could of been another bad experience, there was a problem with our room being already occupied... Then taking a little time to resolve this. But the way in which the front desk lady dealt with this and resolved was great ( her name was Beverly ) was with humor, honesty and a smile, all of which costs nothing! Just great to see. Then along with the chocolate bar for my daughter and attention during our stay for the night made us feel like a valued guest - thank you.
Also the breakfast was great and tasted fresh, well worth it,
Thanks again and see you soon

• Stayed January 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GMWarrington, General Manager at Holiday Inn Warrington, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Dear E E,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments onto the Tripadvisor website following your recent stay at Holiday Inn Warrington.
I was delighted to read that you had a great stay and are regular visitors to the Holiday Inn Warrington. I have personally met with Beverley from reception to recognise the outstanding customer service you experienced.

Great Dunmow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

Starting to look a bit dated but the rooms are clean and comfortable, my only gripe is having to pay 10 quid for wifi access for 4 hours.....even McDonald's do it for free!! The bed and range of pillows are superb and I had an excellent nights sleep, the hotel being nice and quiet. As a stop over you can't fault it!

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GMWarrington, General Manager at Holiday Inn Warrington, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Dear Blah _blah_rhubarb,

I was delighted to read you had an enjoyable stay with us. This is always great to hear and I will ensure I share your feedback with the team.
I have noted your feedback with regards to WIFI. Over the last few years we've invested heavily in providing our guests with super high speed, secure internet.
Technically, what sets us apart is the amount of bandwidth each hotel enjoys. So, unlike a basic broadband connection, we're able to guarantee excellent speed, not just for a few of our guests, but for hundreds.
In addition we offer 24/7 technical support should you require any assistance. To make all this possible we do need to apply a sensible charge for internet use.
We value and appreciate your comments and we are currently looking at how we meet all our guests expectations on the quality and price of internet’.

Biggleswade, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

I was welcomed at reception with a smile by a very nice lady, the secure parking is great, the hotel wasn't as dated as some of the reviews would have you believe, I thought it had a very friendly atmosphere, the room was clean and spacious with a very comfortable bed, breakfast was relaxed with a good variety of food. After a few disappointing stays at other Holiday Inns, Warrington has restored my faith.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
GMWarrington, General Manager at Holiday Inn Warrington, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear PeterT,

I was delighted to read you had a great stay, I was particularly pleased to read we have restored your faith in the Holiday Inn brand. I will ensure I share your feedback with the team.

Warrington, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

Good location, the secure parking is a plus, you can get out of the car park without a code from reception. Keypad to put in the code is in a silly position though, Me and the car in front had to get out of the car to key in the code!
The reception and outside is modern, good range of drinks at the bar, breakfast area was clean, quiet and friendly. But when you get out of the lift on your way to your room thats when everything gets old fashioned, everythings clean and ok but very dated. Fittings are old like the plug sockets (brownish), carpets, sofa was awful do not pay extra for a sofa in your room. Lighting was poor in the room and the window was tiny and barely opened, curtains let in too much light for daytime sleepers. Bathroom was large, loads of mirrors for getting ready including a full length one!

The TV in the room was huge! Had all the usual freeview channels, no dvd player.

All in all it was great for the low price of £40 for the night. Check out was at 12 and thats always a plus. Staff was very friendly. But not near as nice of a hotel as other holiday inns that i've stayed at!

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are away from the main roundabout/road
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PurpleBeach5
GMWarrington, General Manager at Holiday Inn Warrington, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Dear Purplebeach5,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Tripadvisor following your recent stay at Holiday Inn Warrington.
I was pleased to read you had an enjoyable stay, I was particularly pleased that you found the service and cleanliness to be to a good standard.
I have noted your comments regarding areas of the hotel that you feel need an upgrade, I will ensure your views are taken into account in any future refurbishments.

Douglas, null, Isle Of Man
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

Stayed twice in December - travelling to see family. Dogs are always welcomed and only £10 per stay. The staff are friendly and always helpful. Rooms are spacious and comfortable. The breakfast takes some beating and room service menu is well thought out and sensibly priced. All in all - great value for money and we will be back soon.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GMWarrington, General Manager at Holiday Inn Warrington, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Dear KMc383,

I was delighted to read that both your visits to the Hotel in December were enjoyable. I was particuarly pleased to read that you found the team friendly. I will ensure I share your comments with the team.

Dumfries, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012

We stayed here at the end of November to be near the Trafford Centre, so was an ideal location. Staff were efficient and friendly and the rooms were cleaned well. It was also ideal that we could get a room with an extra bed for our son, instead of the usual small sofa bed. But as previously said on here, the rooms (particularly the bathrooms) really need an upgrade. We were awoken on our first night to find the shower had mysteriously turned itself on at full power and it wouldn't completely turn off. Prior to that there had been the sound of constant running water in the pipes in the bathroom so something was obviously up with the plumbing. We reported it to reception who did the only thing they could and asked us to move rooms. Not ideal at 2am! Our second night didn't get us any sleep either when a drunken idiot decided to roam the corridor at 4am shouting, swearing and banging on doors. Appreciate that this is not the fault of the hotel and we didn't bother reporting it as one room move was enough! Not the most relaxing short break we've ever had!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
GMWarrington, General Manager at Holiday Inn Warrington, responded to this review, December 16, 2012
Dear lymet,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments onto the Tripadvisor website following your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Warrington.
I was sorry to hear you had experienced problems with the Shower and noise from the pipes. We will investigate these points to prevent them from happening again. Please accept my sincere apologies for the impact these problems had on your stay.
I was pleased to read you found the team friendly and the Hotel clean. This is great feedback and I will ensure I share your comments with the team.