“Good hotel”

Holiday Inn Warrington
Ranked #12 of 21 Hotels in Warrington
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Reception extremely welcoming with well presented and informative staff. Super big well presented comfortable bedroom with twin double beds. Very good plentiful varied breakfast (Holiday Inn baked beans are a favourite). Dinner a bit hit and miss ranging from tremendous steaks to joke Cranachan. Service efficient but chef very slow.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
GMWarrington, General Manager at Holiday Inn Warrington, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2012

Dear Tuckingtons,

Thank you for taking time to post your comments onto the Tripadvisor website following your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Warrington.
I was delighted to read you had a good stay in my Hotel. I was particuarly pleased to read you had a great welcome. This is so important and an area of the customer journey we have improved this year. I will ensure I share your comments with the team.
Please accept my apologies about the problems you had with dinner. This is an area we are working on and I am sure you will see a significant improvement on your next visit.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Warrington

Reviewed November 25, 2012

I stayed here one night to break my long car journey with my dog. The hotel is very conveniently located just off the motorway. The main reason I chose this hotel was because it allows dogs to stay. The cost of this was an extra £10 for the night.

The hotel was clean and comfortable. I had asked for a room near an exit but was allocated one on the 3rd floor but this wasn't a big deal although, with a dog, I would have preferred to have been nearer an exit in case he needed to go out too frequently. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The only downside was that the food wasn't as good as I'd have hoped for. However, the room service was very quick.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank kaspoodle
GMWarrington, General Manager at Holiday Inn Warrington, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

Dear ascotsgirl,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments onto the Tripadvisor website following your recent stay at Holiday Inn Warington.
I was pleased to read you had an enjoyable stay , I was particularly pleased to read you found the team friendly and helpful. I will ensure I share your feedback with them.
Please accept my sincere apologies for the problems you encountered with food quality and the room request not being honoured. I will discuss these issues with our team to ensure we improve in these areas. If you could give me more specific information it would assist me greatly. Please contact me paul.ellison@ihg.com
I look forward to hearing from you

Reviewed November 25, 2012

I have been a loyal Holiday Inn customer for many years now and most of my experiences of Holiday Inn have been good. However this one is probably the worst to date that I've stayed in.
The only positive things were the staff who did the best they could in what appeared to be difficult circumstances, and also I received a good rate for a family executive room including the "breakfast". Both the room along with the "breakfast" I will comment on later.

I chose this hotel as a stop over after seeing my team up at Old Trafford. It is very handy for motorway access, literally a minute from the motorway turning. As it is so close, you may have issues with the noise of the M6, even if your room is at the back of the hotel.

On arrival we all checked in during the evening. The receptionist was very friendly and helpful. There is no gym or swimming pool here, unlike most other Holiday Inns, so unless you like the bar, there are limits in terms of facilities. We had booked an "Executive" room. Well, although it was on the top floor, looking over the rear car park, that was the only "Executive" thing about it. The room was an average size, of both a double bed and sofa bed for the kids. We were given 2 bottles of water for the room. The hairdryer was old, it took some time to find the tea and coffee making facilities. There was a mirror, however the glass had been removed. One of the light switches was making a short circuit sound so I turned it off. The air conditioning or fan did not work at all. Our room was very hot during the night, so in order to get some coolness in, I opened the window. With this, there was the roar of the M6 so I wasn't sure what the best option would be.The furniture was very old and appeared dated. By morning, I was totally de-hydrated and had a splitting headache.
This was NOT an executive room by any means. Holiday Inns used to provide a better quality of room than this, and even nice touches like a couple of bars of chocolate and slippers were missing from previous executive room bookings. I do question why pay the extra ?
The bathroom needed an overhaul. It was dated back to the 1960/1970's including an old door, handle, old vinyl flooring. There was mould around the bathtub, and very limited (1 small bar of soap between 4 of us for washing, 1 small shower gel and bath foam) toiletries.

Positives were that the room and bathroom was clean, but we all had a very bad nights sleep.

Breakfast- This was a total disaster, and we were not the only guests wondering what was going on.
Firstly, there were no staff checking guests into breakfast and basically anybody was walking in and helping themselves, then sitting on tables which hadn't been cleared for some time. It was clear that the issue was that there simply wasn't enough staff to deal with it all. The staff were good though, joking about the situation themselves.
There was little choice in cereal, the orange juice ran out on many occasions. The hot food also ran out, with serving dishes nearly always empty. The bread was FROZEN, yes it was, however a couple of goes in the toaster sorted it out ! The guests and staff were laughing about it, it was just comical. This was probably the worst breakfast experience I ever had.

Check out was fine, indeed it was the same member of staff that checked me out from the night before.

All in all, as it stands, unless improvements are made to numbers of staff, facilities, and to the hotel itself, I would give this a miss as I feel that it badly lets down the Holiday Inn chain.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Dear HawaiiFive0,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments onto the Tripadvisor website following your recent stay at Holiday Inn Warrington.
I was sorry to hear you did not have a good stay at the Hotel. In order I can resolve the issues you encountered please contact me paul.ellison@ihg.com
I look forward to hearing from you

Reviewed November 24, 2012

Staff really helful for the most part. Breakfast was a bit of a shambles. I asked for poached eggs and either they were very slow or they forgot. No soya milk as requested at time of booking. If they can record these things when you book, why don't they tell you at check in that they can't meet your request?

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business

Dear WhyshouldIstayhere,

I was pleased to read overall you enjoyed your stay, I was particularly pleased to read you found the staff helpful , I will ensure I share your feedback with our team.
Please contact me paul.ellison@ihg.com with your reservation details so I can look into the issues you encountered with Soya Milk and Poached Eggs.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

Stayed here en route Northwards. Good modern hotel with an excellent full English breakfast. The rooms are quiet at the back and have a comparatively large bathroom. Helpful English staff and easy to find location. Not a lot around the hotel- use purely as a stop off. Would go again.

Room Tip: Have a room at the back
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
GMWarrington, General Manager at Holiday Inn Warrington, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Dear oilmandorset_U_

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments onto the Tripadvisor website following your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Warrington.
I was delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that you will stay again at the Hotel. I was particularly pleased to read your comments about breakfast. This is an area we are focusing on as we realise how important it is to our guests.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

I am currently as I write this staying in this hotel (again) and would have been here 4 days already by the time this gets posted. The experience this time around has been mixed but generally a good one. I am going to comment on the price of the internet. Its a complete rip off. £16 will buy you something like 24 hours for 2 devices. If you want days don't expect a discount. They will not offer you reduced rates no matter how much you plead with them.

The hotel has notoriously poor signal apart from the with the exception of Vodafone so getting online isn't easy and you are almost forced to use their internet which I feel is completely unfair since its so so over priced.

Food wise the food is of excellent quality. Its still a bit pricey but thats always the way in hotels. The staff are on the ball the service is quick, reliable and it just works! Reception are the same cannot fault them perfect every time.

Breakfast is a must but at £15 odd its a complete rip off. I could order a full meal for the price of their buffet breakfast, Still if you can eat enough of it to justify the extraordinarily high prices get it. I suggest you book it as a package when you book your room you get it at a more reasonable price.

Bar open all night great if you want something at say 2am.

Room fully air con and heated no problems there.

Very comfortable beds with choice of pillows.

TV has a good selection of free channels but anything more like sky will cost you as usual the earth.

The hotel is busy book your tables if your going to eat in or you probably won't be eating anything other than in your own room.

Tea coffee's usually selection available.

I will and do keep coming back to this hotel I just feel they could be a little better priced for the extra's esp the internet.

Room Tip: Free parking!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
GMWarrington, General Manager at Holiday Inn Warrington, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012

Dear elixier22,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments onto the Tripadvisor website regarding your stay at Holiday Inn Warrington.
I was delighted to read that you were having an enjoyable stay and will continue to choose our hotel as you preferred hotel. We really appreciate your business.
Please do contact me when you are next staying with us and I will put an internet package together for you that will save you some money. Also we offer breakfast vouchers at just £9.95 per person which gives you £5 off the price on the day in the Restaurant.
Please email me next time you are staying with us paul.ellison@ihg.com, I look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Warrington in the near future.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

I do like holiday Inn's! children eat free & most are pet friendly (shame about some guests).
so I was looking on the internet for a good deal for the weekend, family of 4 & a dog. 2nd - 4th nov 2012 What a really good deal we got. Dinner, bed and breakfast. Food was really nice, staff were too. Nothing was too much for Wesley. very clean hotel. Would stay here again. Good location for Liverpool or Manchester.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank julieorange

Dear julieorange,

I was delighted to read of your positive comments , I was particularly pleased to read of your positive comments about cleanliness and the team. I will ensure Wesley is recognised and I will share your feedback with all members of the team.