All reviewstwo double bedscoach tripcoach partiesnational holidaysthe hotel is cleanmanchester airportevening meal and breakfastgood nights sleepporridgestayed for one nightbuffet styletea and coffeesaturday nightplenty of parkingfull englishmember of staffmotorway
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Firstly you can get rooms for as little as £40 if you look in the right places and book well in advanced. I have stayed at this hotel more than 30 times, spend an awful lot of money here and made friends with many of the staff there including the manager. If you buy a standard package you will get a pretty standard deal. TV with a few channels, a kettle, selection of coffee's Tea's and sometimes hot chocolates. The hotel is extremely clean and the food is absolutely lovely though very expensive but hey most hotels are. Lots of space for parking I didn't pay I was on a motorcycle I do not know if cars do. Internet is a rip off bring a dongle. Its also very slow and limited to certain area's of the hotel. I didn't find any wireless connectivity while I was there. There is nothing special about this hotel accept for what the staff do to make it special. They will go out of their way to ensure you have the best stay ever for however long you stay. Want softer pillows? No problem. Extra blanket? That's fine. More coffee's? No worries. Air conditioning works well. Plenty of sockets for the business traveler. Cots are provided for the family and are not charged for. Bed's are big, comfortable and plenty of pillows with some to spare in some rooms. Breakfast was wonderful, a full buffet meal with everything you can think of though its prohibitively expensive especially if you want it every day. Staff are kind, hotel is clean, plenty of parking, bit noisy on rooms near the motorway. Large coach groups do visit often so it can get a bit busy and noisy at times but generally fine.This hotel is aimed at businesses its cheaper at the weekend and expensive during the week. Spaces well out quickly so don't waste time trying to book. 10/10 A+ however you want to put it I personally don't see anything wrong with this hotel and I can't really put it down. Yes it is expensive but all hotels are but in this case you actually get what you pay for

Room Tip: If your a light sleeper top floor and away from the motorway. Disabled room for a bigger bathroom (massive)
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded June 28, 2012

Dear elixier22,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments onto the Tripadvisor website following your recent stay at Holiday Inn Warrington.
I was delighted to read you enjoyed your stay and have commented we are the best Holiday Inn you have been to. This means so much to us and I will ensure our team know you had a great stay.

Reviewed May 29, 2012

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Warrington earlier this month.
The hotel was of the standard expected of a Holiday Inn - clean & well presented public spaces, good size bedroom, also very clean & tidy.
The one thing that stood out above all though was the ridiculous price of drinks in the bar - over £7.00 for a large glass of wine.
We've stayed in 4 other hotels since then and eaten in a few restaurants, none of which have come close to these prices.
Sort it out Holiday Inn!!!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mainswiring
Management response:Responded June 28, 2012

Dear mainswiring,
Thank you for taking your time to post your comments onto the Tripadvisor website following your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Warrington.
Our bar prices are set in line with other branded Hotel groups, I am sorry you found our prices expensive, we do always have good offers on at the bar that are great value!
I was delighted to read that you found the Hotel clean and well presented and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Warrington in the near future.

Reviewed May 26, 2012

Stayed at this hotel with Canadian friends, they and we were very impressed. despite a large number from a bus booked in the staff advised us the best time for breakfast and they were right. The breakfast was full breakfast with other side dishes, all was very good. Quote canadian friend "Look at all that food!!".
The price was very good value and the rooms were clean and more than suited our needs.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Brian B
Opsmgr1, General Manager at Holiday Inn Warrington, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2012

Dear BrianB,
I was delighted to read you enjoyed your stay and in particular your comments about breakfast and the cleanliness of the bedrooms. I will ensure I pass on your comments to the team.

Reviewed May 24, 2012 via mobile

Service was good, but rooms and facilities are of a very average standard considering the £94 nightly price. Wouldnt pay to stay in one again. Food in hotel good however.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank Bag_Lady_1981

Dear Bag_lady_1981,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments onto the Tripadvisor website following your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Warrington.
Our prices do change constantly purely on our availability and the different packages we have available. Please check our website for our full list of offers.
I was delighted to read you had good service whilst staying with us, I will ensure I pass these comments onto the team here at the Hotel.

Reviewed May 20, 2012

We've stayed at this hotel a few times now and overall it's not too bad. Having recently signed up to the Priorty Rewards scheme, upon check I was told our room had a *Refurbished bathroom* for being a Priorty reward scheme member. like I said, we've stayed here a few times now and failed to see how the bathroom differed from any of the other rooms we has stayed in.

That a side, the room was of a good size, if not looking a little tired, like most of the other rooms in this hotel. But, for what we needed it suited us fine.

Beware, this hotel is popular with coach trips and don't be surprised when kids run up and down the corridors early in a morning.

Wifi is expensive here, £28 per day but that includes movies.

The staff we encountered were very pleasant.

On one of the evenings we called down to reception to ask for some more milk and coffee for the room but were told there's only one person on reception so we'd have to collect it ourselves. Maybe they should have more staff on.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank repb9
Opsmgr1, General Manager at Holiday Inn Warrington, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2012

Dear repb9,

Thank you for posting your comments onto the Tripadvisor website following your recent stay at Holiday Inn Warrington.
Please accept my sincere apologies for the problems you encountered during your stay, I have noted your comments and will follow up with my management team.
I was pleased to hear you are a regular visitor to the Hotel and have signed up to our Priority Club rewards programme.