“Coped well with a large party”

The Grill on the Square
Ranked #7 of 434 Restaurants in Warrington
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Wa1 1jq
Reviewed January 7, 2013

We had a Sunday dinner with a large party.

The food was great and the service was brilliant.

Quite expensive. But I think it is value for money.

1  Thank Cattius
Write a ReviewReviews (1,063)

Reviewed December 28, 2012

I tried this on a Saturday lunchtime. 3 course menu with a glass of wine each and a coffee for 2 people. It isn't exactly cheap (around £75) but the food is excellent, served up exquisitly, and prepared fresh. We turned up at 3pm, and there was plenty of space, without having to book. I would certainly eat there again, the decor is beautiful, and service to match.

1  Thank Helena-Mae
Reviewed December 25, 2012

As a birthday treat, we dined at 'The Grill' on Christmas Eve, my wife daughter, her boyfriend and I; we hadn't booked but the restaurant manager found us a table early evening.

We started with a cheeky round of cocktails, very nicely presented and well mixed (and great value as they were two for one - a pleasant surprise as we didnt know). The restaurant decor, atmosphere, service and attention to detail was great, however, fundamentally the food was excellent - we have been fortunate to dine out a few times recently and this was without doubt the best food we have eaten anywhere, home and abroad, in 2012.

Its amazing that 'The Grill' is on our doorstep but we haven't been before; we will definitely be paying another visit for another special occasion.

Well done to the management and staff that helped to make my birthday so memorable.

Reviewed December 19, 2012

We've eaten here twice recently . The home made pâté was delicious as was the fish and chips ! Sadly couldn't sample the puddings as to full ! They do a great cappuccino ! We went back the following week and sampled there early bird menu , as we were going to the theatre . Again great quality food and really good value for money ! It's a popular restaurant so book in advance if poss !

Reviewed December 18, 2012

The food was fine, pretty standard "gastro" stuff - not bad though not amazing. The music was too loud but the service was good until the end.

The bill was presented to my boyfriend (I am a woman) which was annoying but potentially excusable. I then got out my card and put it on top of the bill in front of me. The waiter then preceded to take it from my side and offer it and the card reader to my boyfriend! No tip and will definitely not be returning.