“Better than expected”

ASK Italian - Warrington
Ranked #47 of 434 Restaurants in Warrington
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Nestled in the Golden Square Shopping Centre in central Warrington, just steps from the main train station is ASK Italian Restaurant. With the help of expert friends, including awarding-winning chef Theo Randall, they have a diverse menu that features a range of simple, classic Italian foods including gluten free and vegetarian options. Throughout the UK, the ASK Italian chain of restaurants also feature stylish interiors and offer superb, fresh cuisine, Italian beers, sparkling Italian wine and an extensive Italian wine list. With a warm interior and lovely outside Terrace, this local eatery is the perfect place to enjoy a relaxing meal.
Reviewed December 9, 2012

We visited at lunchtime for a works outing. Staff were friendly and relaxed, requests to vary items from the menu were accommodated and the food was well priced and tasty. Garlic bread pizza well made, crispy with the right balance of garlic and cheese. Pasta was fine – nicely cooked but probably using bought in sauces. ‘Rustic’ chips were hot and not at all greasy. Prices range between £5 and £14 for the starters and mains. Expectation had been low, based on it being a chain and feedback from others but the food, decor and service exceeded expectations. Definitely worth a try if in the area, although for a special occasion maybe try elsewhere.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

The food is wonderful , especially the deserts, we had a problem with our order but it was sorted by the very friendly waiter, so will go back again .

Reviewed October 17, 2012

My friends and I have visited ASK for lunch on many occasions since it opened.
Previously we had been able to order lunch-sized portions of main courses at a reduced size and price - fine.
This time we were told that they didn't do that anymore. However - we found our linguine bolognese, though tasty was definately very sparse of meat and a smaller size (smaller that my Grandaughters bolognese!) - and at the full price.

Also, my glass of white wine had 'bits' in it! This was exchanged - for another with 'bits' floating in it! The Manager said - it was coffee grains - 'Must be the dishwasher - the filter needed cleaning!' - he said dismissively! I then noticed that out jug of water - now half empty had MANY grains floating in it!!!
What a shame - Warrington SO needs decent, clean restaurants in the town centre!
We have to commend Claire - who did her best to serve us well!

1  Thank MrsAT48
Reviewed September 24, 2012

The staff we pleasant, but the service from the kitchen was a bit slow considering that we were the first to arrive at 12 noon on a Sunday. The childrens menu was good, and my daughter had a lovely fresh pizza. I was disappointed with my main of seafood raviolli, it was luke warm, and had large chunks of uncooked garlic in it. The desserts were really nice. I mentioned the garlic to the staff and they were really apologetic and deducted the meal from the bill, you can't say fairer than that, and because of this I would visit again if I wanted a really good pizza.

Reviewed August 7, 2012

My family and I visited and the service here was awful. The food was average but nothing to get excited about. I would suggest Caffe Caruso for a more authentic Italian. Think this is a chained restaurant problem. Nice outside eating area though !

1  Thank Pennyboots