Villaggio
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 13, 2013

We stayed in the rooms above the restaurant so am reviewing restaurant separate.
We sat down early for our evening meal approx 5 o'clock so it was quiet ,the dinning area is well set out and clean,there does appear to be a lot of staff and i noted someone said the staff are miserable we certainly did not find this yes they were quiet and got on with their jobs and didn't smile much unless you instigated it but my impression was that they are encouraged to do their job rather than interact with the guests,we were here during the day and the same staff at this time were more relaxed and talkative,so maybe the management should let them relax a bit more in the evening.
On to the food,we had the set menu at £15 each and it was very nice , i had Pate,could have done with some butter for toast but sure they would have brought me some had i asked,my main was Beef Milanese which was nice and hot and tasty,i had cheesecake and that was excellent,my wife had soup which was the baby food type it was nice she said but would pref-air proper soup,for the main she had chicken which she liked she had apple pie and that was also nice and not on the set menu but they served it regardless,it is set out like Alla carte and for the price very good.
As we stayed here overnight we also had the breakfast which was excellent full English without the American hash browns,orange and tropical fruit juice,fruit,yogurt,cereal,tea/coffee all in all very good.

2  Thank brilin

Reviewed August 23, 2013

Villaggio was booked for the wedding reception of a close family member. We used the venue from around 4.00 in the afternoon until 12.30 am (some then went into the other bar until 5.00 am!).
From the outset, all members of the Villaggio staff were very efficient, friendly and helpful. They were smartly dressed and presented. During and after the reception, the bar staff were very helpful and smiling (even though they were rushed off their feet).
The quality of the food was excellent, piping hot and served efficiently. The surroundings were clean, well decorated and very tidy.
There was an additional bar and restaurant, where those not invited to the reception could sit and wait (and eat and drink) whilst waiting for the evening social event to start.
The evening buffet was more of the same - good quality, varied and tasty food.
Without exaggeration, the service provided by Villaggio, along with the excellent facilities and surroundings were what made my son's wedding extremely enjoyable and special.
Thank you.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

Been a couple of times here and each time the staff are so miserable especially one particular female waitress,(possibly head waitress) I don't think I have ever seen her smile. I have only been back because the food is actually quite nice but if the staff were a little more attentive to the customers then I would have rated it higher.I always feel like I am putting them out and a burden! Last week we booked a party of 6, we waited 5 minutes for someone to see us, then had to wait while they pushed tables together,also didn't like seeing a set of step ladders propped up against the wall near the table and a workman kept coming up to the table to check the air con above us, which was freezing. Each time we wanted anything we kept having to get up and wait at the bar for service. If the staff had some customer service training then this could be a nice place.

1  Thank deloupot
Reviewed August 17, 2013

We didnt have to wait long for the food. Nice size portions, and tasty too. Prices were reasonable. It was a bit noisier than one would like as there was a wedding on and somene was complaing they had there bag pinched. But we would go again. Linda and Rach. X

Reviewed June 2, 2013

Good atmosphere, the food is always well presented and very tasty, the staff are always polite and friendly, good value for the price you pay, they get a little mixed up I think due to the language barrier, but they do look after you, been 5 times and never had a bad meal yet, beautiful garden at the rear and good value bedrooms as well