“Great bar”

pentahotel Warrington
Ranked #5 of 21 Hotels in Warrington
Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights and was very impressed. The room is basic but perfectly adequate. The bathroom is small but absolutely fine. Also the window opens which is always good news.
What really sets this hotel apart though is the fab bar and lounging area. Funky lighting, good music, candles everywhere, it's more like something you'd find in a big city not a business park. Big sofas with cushions scattered over them and thick pile rugs really make it a nice place to chill out. Add a pool table (complete with trendy cloth and a giant overhead light) and you have all you need for a great night. They also have a small restaurant just off the bar area and we found the food to be really good and great value.
Overall it's a great choice to stay in but the one fault would be the staff. They just don't seem to have a grasp of what's going on and what to do.
Other than that I would highly recommend staying here, business or pleasure.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Andrew K, General Manager at pentahotel Warrington, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2014

Dear tinytobes,

Thanks for taking the time to provide me with your feedback.

I glad you love our pentalounge and lifestyle, we'll look forward to seeing you mext time you are here in Warrington.

Kind regards

Andrew Kendrick

There are newer reviews for pentahotel Warrington

Reviewed March 5, 2014

Having stayed at the hotel under the past hotel chain, the new and revamped Pentahotel was a great surprise.

The staff are very welcoming and friendly, check in was efficient and quick ( had a little mix up with the room however swiftly corrected in less than 5 mins)

The bar/ reception area has a great vibe and as a single female traveller it was refreshing not to have to sit in a lonely corner, and be able to socialise at the bar.

Food is very good if not a little pricey...but the atmosphere, quality & service makes up for this.

Cant wait for the rooms to be revamped as this will really finish the hotel off, loved the in room toiletries, funky and a great little touch.

Wifi wasn't so good, and now a days really should be super efficient.
Lets hope the showers improve as they simply trickle out at present.

Room service menu needs to improve, very basic at present.

I am glad my head office is in Warrington and shall now look forward to my monthly sales meetings where I can get to stay here all the time.

Massive thumbs up from me !

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Dear carrie g,

Many thanks for your kind words! We are delighted you love our new look!

The team and I will look forward to seeing you again next time you visit your office here in Warrington.

Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

We stopped her for 2 nights 21/2/14 highly recommended , the check was quick and informative , we was greeted with a warm welcome , the bar area is like being sat in top class wine bar , very classy and relaxed just what is needed to unwind , the room are clean and fresh , the complimentary toiletries are very good , free sky movies was a bonus , 2 good nights sleep , with a breakfast that was 10 out of 10 , late check out on Sunday is great no rushing off , the hotel is great value , great location , and very polite staff , we will definitely return ,

• Stayed: February 2014
Andrew K, General Manager at pentahotel Warrington, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

Dear engle67,

Many thanks for such a positive review.

The team will be delighted that we gave you "everything you needed". I really hope we see you again soon here in Warrington.

Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

Room was lovely, very clean and bright! Bed was lovely and comfortable and the bathroom was very nice, although the shower was a little disappointing - felt like it was trickling out! I was a little annoyed with the staff, one in particular took my payment for the room as I was checking in, then just walked off whilst it was processing and didn't even come back, had to ask another member of staff if I could have the receipt the card machine printed off! Terrible service in that instance.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank MrAdyyy
Andrew K, General Manager at pentahotel Warrington, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2014

Dear MrAdyy,

Many thanks for providing me with your feedback, I would like to investigate the check in process you received as it is completely out of character for our staff. Would you be greatful enough to contact me directly via andrew.kendrick@pentahotels.com

On a positive note, I'm delighted that you think our rooms are "lovely" and hope to see you again soon in the near future.

Reviewed February 22, 2014

I stayed last night with my girlfriend (Thursday 20th feb) and we are still smiling now,beautiful hotel,which is quiet,peaceful and very trendy,the staff should all be praised as everyone greets you with a smile and are very efficient in what they do!
As well as the free movies (which i think is a brilliant little touch) the breakfast was amazing with a massive choice,

On the whole a wonderful stay in a wonderful hotel.

Would highly reccomend,see you soon penta!

• Stayed: February 2014
Andrew K, General Manager at pentahotel Warrington, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Dear Lee_R1985,

Many thanks for your feedback, i'm delighted that we have provided you with a "wonderful stay".

Please also accept my thanks for you email to Philip which was shared with the team to their delight.

We really look forward to seeing you again here in the very near future.

Reviewed February 21, 2014

I recently attended on a business trip and found the staff very friendly and helpful. I was booked in for bed an breakfast from Monday to Friday, 4 nights. The rooms are clean, a little on the basic side, but functional and reasonably comfortable. Wifi only seemed to work if you were on the ground floor.

I ordered a beef and ale pie on the first evening along with a drink and after 20 minutes had to remind staff I had ordered the drink, but this was an exception, as generally the service was OK, the meals seemed to take between 20 - 30 minutes from ordering. The beef and ale pie was served on a wooden platter which is not overly practicable, as the gravy seemed to run everywhere once the pie had been cut into. The rest of the meals that week were accptable in quality, but in my opinion pricey. The best 16oz steak was priced at £39.00, which I feel is extortionate for a hotel. The breakfast serving area is nicely laid out with a good range of food was on offer.

I feel the hotel seemed to try to pass itself off as a night club rather than a hotel lounge/ dining area, although this seemed to work. the lounge area having a modern feel to it.

I felt a bit trapped as in there is little to do or see in the local area, as it is on the edge of the Bestwood Business Park and you would need to travel by car to go anywhere. The parking was free for the week when I presented my car park ticket at reception when leaving on the final day.

Overall, not bad, I would give it 8 out of 10, The friendlyness of the staff made me feel more than just another visitor.

Room Tip: Nothing to add
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Arthur B

Dear Arthur B,

Many thanks for taking the time to provide me with such detailed feedback, without feedback we can not improve our service and product.

The main positive for me is the mention of our staff, we aim for all our staff to be helpful and friendly which looks like it certainly had that impression on yourself.

I hope to see you again the next time your working in the area.

Reviewed February 18, 2014

Spent two nights here on business recently and was surprised to find the changes that were made at the hotel since the last time I stayed there two years ago. At that time is was a Ramada Encore. It was unusual to find the check in desk tied in with the lobby bar. But check in was quick and I was in my room in just a few minutes. The room is plain but has everything you need. And most importantly of all, it was quiet. I just wish it had wifi instead of a cable connection. I ate dinner at the hotel both nights and the service was good as well as a wide selection of food. I was impressed with the breakfast in the morning. There are mini bagels with cream cheese and salmon, my favorite. The orange juice was also very good. If you have business in the Birchwood area this should be your place to stay.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Andrew K, General Manager at pentahotel Warrington, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2014

Dear Raymond V,

Thank you for your comments, I really hope we do see you again next time your on business in the area. We take alot of pride in our breakfast offering so to hear comments like yours really please's me and the team.

I look forward to seeing you again in the future.