“Eating here”

Ranked #77 of 436 Restaurants in Warrington
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Have had a fair few meals here. All have been excellent.
The theme nights are very good value for money.
The staff are very freindly,always happy to chat even when very busy.Portions are generous. Child freindly

Reviewed March 8, 2013

My last visit, I admit wasn't too recent. I was however totally disappointed with, well, everything. The interior was getting more akin to a fast food outlet, the service was sort of ok, very nice girl, but was seen 'front of house' on less occasions than a yeti. There were at least three tables that asked when their food was going to be served, and we (my mother and I) had already been waiting about an hour after ordering, with no tweaks to our order to confuse anything I might add; And then the food arrived. I'd ordered a simple Chilli and Rice, my mother had the Chicken salad.

Here is where it really missed the mark. I received a plate with a huge amount of tortillas, some microwaved rice and then what could only be described as a boat of Chilli, but just a smattering enough to cover the bottom of the boat and nothing more.

To explain further: The rice was dry and stuck together in clumps, like you get when cooking the microwave rice in a packet in a hurry. The boat of Chilli really was just covering the bottom - it did taste reasonable enough, but then how can you get Chilli wrong? (hence why I ordered it). I did appreciate that they thought I'd love a packet of Tortillas on my plate below the dried rice, but there wasn't enough Chilli to finish them, and to be honest, there wasn't enough Chilli to wet more than the very edge of those Tortillas. It ended up like a 'who can eat the most dry crackers' type contests.

Personally I'd have labelled the meal, Tortillas, some rice and a Chilli dip.

Now for my Mothers meal. She had the Grilled Chicken Salad.

This salad came with bacon which, firstly was dripping in oil, and had a distinct taste of beef. Yep, it'd been cooked either in the same pan, or on the same hot plate as the beef burgers. It wasn't pleasant to look at and certainly wasn't pleasant to taste (I tried some, she dared me... what could I do?).

The salad she had looked good, had all the components I'd expect and had a drizzle (more a downpour) of olive oil. The Chicken was also cooked well, I didn't taste it, but afterwards she said she wasn't overly pleased about it, but then I didn't taste that, so I have to assume it was decent enough, as she consumed it all (she was hungry mind after an hour wait for it).

I really wouldn't recommend it anymore, it used to be such a lovely meal and nice place, but now it's a shell of it's former culinary self.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

Went for Sunday lunch. The service for the food was very poor. Was on the point of walking out when food finaly arrived. Asked fora coffee nd had to ask for the cup to be filled up, only about half inch in bottom of cup.
When food finally arrived could not fault it.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Don't bother find a restaurant in Warrington I was completely ignored even though it was almost empty
I waited 15 mins for someone to realise I was there and never got my glass of wine- in the end I went to the bar to get a drink
The staff are lazy and not interested in the client

1  Thank amsmoothey
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Over the years since Winwick Quay opened we have been frequent visitors. The restaurant has changed many times. This change is by far the worst one. The quality of the food was dreadful, the rump steaks were dreadful my daughters in edible. Very much doubt we will venture in to the restaurant again which is a shame as its been a long standing meeting point for family and friends.

The waitress was pleasant but the kitchen let her down all meals arrived at different times, two members of the party had finished their main courses before others had arrived.

1  Thank Wiggle123