Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Wedding Ceremony and Reception

We decided to hold our Wedding day at Brooklands Museum. It is a slightly different and quirky... read more

Reviewed today
Jose L
London, United Kingdom
Concorde simulator

We visited the Concorde simulator today for my husband’s birthday treat and cannot thank you enough... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
Alibongos
West Sussex
via mobile

2,249 results
All reviews concorde experience motor racing wellington bomber loch ness napier railton car rides banked track aviation history concorde simulator hill climb vintage cars harrier jump jet barnes wallis stratosphere chamber red arrows on display purpose built
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Admission for two Adults was £29, not bad but a bit steep.
Plenty to see there
The CONCORDE experience is not to be missed & at £5 per person it's cheap.
The guide was great, really passionate about CONCORDE & even let us see the CONCORDE simulator, so top marks to him.
The biggest let down was the Cafe.
I paid £17.50p for 2 lots of Sausage & chips & 2 bottles of water.
All you get for that is 2 medium sized sausages & about 2 handfuls of warm chips & no trays to carry the food over to the tables with.
So if you're planning on eating there, take your own food.
Other than that, really good place to see.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Great all round place to visit. Nice Cafe with good quality food at a reasonable price. Easty to park...Staff very friendly.

Lots of things to see with great history....Also across the road there is a Mercedes Exhibition..I was told you could even higher a car and go on the test track and skid pan.. I think ill be going back...

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I was there for both the 40th and 50th anniversaries of the launch of the Ford Capri. It is a great venue. There are the remains of the banked track; the Brooklands paddock and garages, which contain a treasure trove of fast machinery; aircraft sheds, commemorating the Hawker and Vickers companies who were based there; a wonderful London Transport museum, featuring all those famous red buses and, of course, Concorde!

All these attractions have been restored and are staffed by volunteers, making it a really special place to be. Make sure you see the video at the start - nearest the pedestrian access. It is really inspiring.

THE TRAVELLING COSGROVES

The one where a dream came true

I’ve never been one to regret anything in my life, apart from one thing….. I didn’t ever get to travel on Concorde. Well today, all that changed. Thanks to the amazing Brooklands museum that I didn’t even know existed until this morning!

We had the privilege of touring one of the original Concordes with its simulated “flight” where we were really made to feel like we had flown on this wonderful aircraft. I actually felt quite emotional! It was just a fiver on top of the granny entry price of £13.50 and it was worth every penny. I am now the proud owner of a flight certificate and I came off that plane grinning from ear to ear.

Amongst the other planes on display were the Sultan of Oman’s custom built extravaganza of a flying palace which was stunning. There is a flying classroom for navigators and a host of other retired aeroplanes. Not to be missed is the full sized replica of the plane that flew Alcock & Brown’s first transatlantic flight and the uber modern Harrier jump jet. All exhibits are manned by volunteers, one of which had actually worked as an instructor on the flying classroom and he was so interesting to talk to.

I would probably allow a minimum of three hours just to walk around it all and much longer if you want to read all of the available information. You can also walk the old race track, so probably best to allow a full day to fit it all in!

A superb London Bus exhibition took the best part of an hour and included a fascinating film explaining how every London Bus was taken out of circulation every three an a half years and it was completely dismantled, cleaned, repaired, resprayed and rebuilt again like a giant jigsaw puzzle by a workforce of nearly 2000 people.

I sat myself on the long seat of an old Routemaster bus and was immediately transported back to being seven years old. My mum had walked me to the bus stop at The Elephant and Castle and passed me over to the conductor with my suitcase and instructions that I was to be put off at my nans sisters pub, The Robin Hood an hour away in Anerley! Can’t imagine that happening now.....

You can pay a few quid extra to go on the 4D rides but we ran out of time as we spent ages looking around the wonderful rickety old bikes, motorbikes and racing cars that incredibly brave people broke speed records with. Oh and having a scrummy lunch in the cafeteria. You can even see the room where Barbara Cartland entertained her friends! There really is something for all the family and really worth a visit

Reviewed September 14, 2019 via mobile

We visited Brooklands with our grandchildren (aged 4 and 2). What a brilliant experience!! We were all fascinated by the planes, cars and buses on display. The knowledge and helpfulness of all the volunteers was outstanding - both children were enthralled! We will definitely visit again!