“I great day out with lots to see and do”
Review of Brooklands Museum

Brooklands Museum
Ranked #1 of 19 things to do in Weybridge
More attraction details
Owner description: The birthplace of British motorsport and aviation.
Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

Went here with my wife, despite it being freezing cold we had a great day.

Loads to see and do well worth the extra for the Concorde experience.

The staff where all very polite and helpful, they all seemed to love thier place and all it's history.

I will go again as because we only arrived at mid day, during winter it closes at 4 and I assumed we'd easily get round.

All in all a thoroughly recommended place

Write a ReviewReviews (1,753)
All reviews
in 18 reviews
"volunteer staff"
in 23 reviews

Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

Run by people who really care. Napier Railton worth entry alone.

Hidden gem (along with Gaydon) that deserves more publicity.

Massive amount of history on display.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

With the famous Brooklands banked track, Concorde and a great car/air museum there really is a lot to to and see. The place is steeped in motorsport history and simply must be kept alive and running - support this vital piece of british history buy visiting it sooner rather than later.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

So interesting and it is like stepping back in time. If only you could. The staff are very friendly and so passionate about what they have.

See more reviews
Reviewed January 26, 2013

This place appeals to me for so many reasons. First, my kids love it, secondly the cafe is fine but has a children's play area my boys like, thirdly so many things to explore airplane cockpits, formula one cars, harrier jump jets and more. It took a third visit for us to get as far as the Concorde experience and the fantastic London bus building. Whoever we take here, young children, grandparents, friends it's always a great day out.

My grandfather rode motorbikes here in the interwar period and much of it remains as was then, I can feel the spirit of his age every time I go.

The volunteers are fascinating, take time to talk to them, I met some absolutely amazing individuals in cockpits, backs of plans standing by cars.

Finally, the shop is good value, and full of lots of stuff for small boys in particular.