“Very helpful Hotel”

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Weybridge
London, United Kingdom
“Very helpful Hotel”
Reviewed August 29, 2014

Had a big community meeting here last night. Staff really helpful, kept smiling despite our need for more chairs, more food etc. everyone who came liked the venue - and it worked well for our needs.

Good venue, nice and accessible All the equipment worked. Would definately use again..

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Generalmanager005, General Manager at Best Western The Ship Hotel, responded to this review, September 2, 2014
Dear Simon M,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on tripadvisor. I have passed you kind words onto the team and I am delighted that our function room, which has been recently refurbished, met with your requirements. Zoe our dedicated event co-ordinator is currently taking bookings for Christmas, as we have great party nights for the festive period, perhaps we will see you there?

Many thanks once again.

Hotel General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 24, 2014 via mobile

Took our 29 month old daughter for her first stay in an hotel to celebrate our wedding anniversary. The room was excellent (although very warm) and the stay was very enjoyable. Breakfast was superb with plenty of choice and the staff made our stay very pleasant. Overall good value for money especially considering it was a bank holiday weekend.

• Stayed August 2014
Generalmanager005, General Manager at Best Western The Ship Hotel, responded to this review, August 29, 2014
Dear Gary D,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review on tripadvisor. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, considering the occasion. Perhaps more importantly I am delighted that your daughter enjoyed her stay, as it was her first! Please do come back and visit us again, as I know that all the team will look forward to welcoming again.

Hotel Manager
Hampshire
Reviewed August 24, 2014

Stayed here with my husband when we were decorating our sons new flat. He lives near Hampton Court but the hotels around there were double the price we paid at the Ship. We found it to be excellent and well located, considering staying again in a few weeks time when we are doing more decorating.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear westielOver,

Thank you for your review on tripadvisor. I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. Please do come back and visit us, as we will all look forward to welcoming you and of course it may well be a welcome break from the decorating.

Hotel Manager
Reviewed August 20, 2014 via mobile

Room was hot, the kettle didn't work and the shower was broken. The maid also knocked on the door to see if we were leaving and hour and a half before check out. The skirting boards in the restaurant were filthy and the breakfast dire. Won't be going back or recommending

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Clare A
Generalmanager005, General Manager at Best Western The Ship Hotel, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
Dear Clare A,

Thank you for your review on tripadivsor. I note from your reviews that you work within the hospitality industry. Surely this is not the purpose tripadvisor, I welcome all constructive guest feedback negative or positive. With reference to the housekeeping department, our team are extremely hard work, strive to only achieve what is right for the customer, with late check outs and early check in’s customers needs are paramount, with that comes the need to service a bedroom, as I am sure you appreciate working within the industry as you do. Here we are a friendly hotel the team knock on the door of what may be a departure thinking the room is vacant wanting to service that room, if it is still occupied they will seek an alternative room to service, with no pressure on the customer to vacate any earlier, as happened in your particular instance. I am truly sorry that the kettle did not work, if you had of contacted reception we could have replaced it, as we have a good stock of spare. I am also sorry that you were hot. The windows open fully, each bedroom has a fan and we can supply additional ones on request. Our breakfast is freshly cooked to order, unlike other hotels that choose to serve a hot buffet
we have a full selection, of meats, cheeses, pastries, fruit and cereals. Our sausages are the finest Cumberland sausage, sourced from our local butcher, Kippers and Smoked Haddock with poached egg are also on offer. I am sorry that you found the breakfast not to your liking. Our restaurant is checked and cleaned after each service, I am sorry that you found it dirty. Please do contact me if you wish to discuss any of the points raised.

I look forward to hearing from you.

01932 848364

Travelers are raving about these Weybridge hotels

Surrey, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 18, 2014

I had my wedding venue at this hotel. I can not fault the staff, food, accommodation or events coordinator. We had an amazing time. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a venue in Weybridge with a great professional team behind you. They made us feel comfortable and all of our guests gave great feedback to us about the hotel with regards to the staff and food. I found this hotel to have a homely feel to it. It is a shame we did not spend anymore time there to really soak hospitality. We will be coming back.

Room Tip: The Family room is really spacious and comfortable if you have 1 or 2 children with you. There is a...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Generalmanager005, General Manager at Best Western The Ship Hotel, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Dear Rachel B,

Thank you so much for posting your review on tripadvisor and for your kind words of praise, which I have passed onto all the team. I know that they all join me in wishing you well and trust that it will not be too long before we can welcome you back to BEST WESTERN Ship Hotel, perhaps for our New Year’s Eve House Party! Many thanks once again and all best wishes from all of us.

Hotel General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Weybridge
The Warren Lodge Hotel
#3 of 4 in Chertsey
Hilton Cobham
Hilton Cobham
#3 of 4 in Cobham

Been to Best Western The Ship Hotel? Share your experiences!