“Charming Hotel”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Weybridge
Malta
“Charming Hotel”
Reviewed September 21, 2010

I stayed at this hotel for a couple of nights to attend a wedding reception. The only thing I didn't like was that it was too hot during the reception which was held in the afternoon. Unfortunately the weather was going through a hot spell. Apart from that, I loved my stay and would definitely return. The food was excellent and the service was great. At one time I locked my keys in my suitcase and called Reception who said they would send someone to my room to help - not more than two minutes passed before I heard a knock at my door. The hotel itself has a lot of charm. I loved the lobby, it's beautiful. The rooms were spacious and very clean.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
  • Polish first
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 16, 2010

It's old school, it's nice, thank god some hotels are still like this... Great breakfast.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank AndrewCrown
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 30, 2010

We stayed at Oatlands Park hotel on our wedding night and the night after. We chose it as it was closely located to our wedding venue and offered a night of historial charm. The Hotel rooms didn't disappoint although there is very little else on offer at the hotel which is a little dishearting after paying high rates to stay there.

We had room service after returning from our wedding reception as we had gone all day with very little to eat. We ordered a simple sandwich platter with a few crisps. This amounted to £40 which is a bit steep for sandwiches in my opinion.

The following day was Mother's Day and we booked a table in the restaurant for my parents to join us. They offered a set price per head of approx £30 if my mind serves me correct. For that we were offered a choice of starters, Roast main course and desserts all buffet style. There was a choice but the starters and desserts were a bit limited.

Breakfast is your typical full English fry-up or continental choice, served in the main restaurant which is very large and airy.

The grounds a lovely, it has a small 9 hole golf course which if I was a golfer I would probably pass. The royal pet cemetery is located in the grounds which many may not know which is nice to have a read through.

Overall, a nice hotel but wouldn't probably stay again as you can get far more for your money elsewhere.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 8, 2010

It's very much a hotel for weddings, anniversary parties etc. We asked for a quiet room, and we were given a deluxe room on the opposite side of the hotel to a big wedding, which - to be fair - was beautifully quiet. The view was lovely too, over the lake, and there was a nice seating area. The grounds would be lovely for a walk in sunnier weather and you can walk to the river in 20 minutes. But it is very much a wedding hotel, at least in Summer: lots of shrieking at breakfast by hung-over guests, in the bar etc. And the decor needs a bit of work - furniture in the room looked a bit chipped, TV was an old Hitachi, king-size bed is two beds zipped together with a huge ridge between them etc. I think the rooms need a bit of an overhaul although they look nice on first glance. But it's very clean and the staff were very friendly and helpful. And the teas served in the lounge are lovely (In fact the breakfast was very nice, it's just a pity it was served out of big, institutional silver bins). Maybe I'm fussy - it wouldn't take much to make it a lot nicer, but it just felt a bit lacking in luxury. To be honest, I prefer the 3 star Warren Lodge at Shepperton. Roll on the Hotel Inspector, and I'll happily go back!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Surrey
Reviewed June 12, 2010

I was a guest at a wedding and I wanted to let you know how I impressed I was with the hotel and staff. Everything went off so smoothly. The food was all delicious and beautifully presented; the lamb wrapped in parma was particularly good. All the staff were attentive and smiling – not something you always see! They were also well turned out which added to their professionalism.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
South East England
Reviewed June 6, 2010

I wanted to stay here as a friend was getting married in Weybridge. It is a short drive to the register office. Note to drivers: the cobbled speed bumps are really bad for your car, not matter how slowly you drive.

Once we got over the speed bumps, there was plenty of space to park. The first thing you see as you enter the hotel is the bar area. You need to turn right for reception. The person at reception was very friendly and helpful and check is was quick.

The room was lovely. I booked an executive room because I wanted a king bed and lots of space to get ready and I was happy with what I got. I didn't see a safe in the room and would have preferred if there was one. We had some kind of corner room. Outside one window there was a view of the park and the other had a view of a lake.

The bathroom was a nice size although I would have preferred an extractor fan and that all 4 lights were working. It was quite dark in one corner without the light. The heated towel rail was a nice touch.

Room service and breakfast was good. There was plenty to eat (cereals, continental and traditional English) for a person who is wheat, dairy and caffeine intolerant like me!

There was one strange thing about the room. It didn't seem to be fixed to the building. When I walked the whole room shook to the point where I thought the wardrobe would fall down. When I was woken in the night by a couple getting intimate, it was because it sounded like their whole room was shaking- not the usual paper thin walls scenario!

The staff were all very helpful apart from the Sunday morning receptionist who made me feel like I was inconveniencing her for checking out. I won't let that minor negative experience stop me from staying again. I've marked the Oatlands Park Hotel as my next place to stay when I need to escape the city!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
cheshire
Reviewed March 9, 2010

The hotel was spotlessly clean.The staff were so pleasant and capable.The food was very good.The bedrooms were very nicely furnished and the beds very comfortable.The reception desk staff were most helpful and competent.We stayed at the hotel to hold a conference which was very well organised by Nicky Tough.We had our own designated person called Steve who was in charge of our conference room and he ensured that
everything went to plan including punctual production of our beautifully prepared working lunch which everyone enjoyed.
I would definitely return to this hotel for another meeting in the future and so would all my colleagues.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Weybridge
Brooklands Hotel
#1 of 5 in Egham
Hilton Cobham
Hilton Cobham
#4 of 4 in Cobham

Been to Oatlands Park Hotel? Share your experiences!