1,330 results
All reviews afternoon tea sandwiches lovely grounds mulberry restaurant sunday lunch lovely hotel course dinner public areas deluxe room reception area hampton court wedding party groupon deal lovely room wedding reception a lovely stay stayed for one night
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We arrived at 1pm after a quicker journey than expected.
At reception we were informed that if we wanted to book in at that time there would be a £10 charge and if we wanted to avoid that penalty we should come back later.
Wow! We have never come across that before and certainly not the welcome we expected.
We decided we would rather put the £10 towards lunch and had a sandwich at the bar. Now I am all for good service but the sandwiches literally turned up in minutes. When you are paying over £7 for a couple of slices of bread and a slice of ham it would be nice to think that a lot of care and preparation had gone into it rather than a very average offering.
We finally checked in and I must say the room was very nice even though the windows were frosted so no view.
To our surprise there was only one bath towel and one hand towel. I had the bath towel and my husband made do with the hand towel and bath mat.
If you do decide to visit I suggest that you pack a couple of towels.

1  Thank Sammygirl007
Ness S, General Manager at Oatlands Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for your feedback.

I must apologise for the confusion regarding early check-in.

We do not make a charge for early check-in, unless a guest requests guaranteed check-in prior to 2.00pm.
This has been clarified with our front office team, and they would always be happy to check guests in early, if the allocated room happens to be ready.

You should of course have been provided with an adequate supply of towels, and I regret that was not the case, but we would have been happy to quickly rectify this, if this omission had been brought to our attention. We apologise for the inconvenience. This has been discussed with our housekeeping team.

We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I travel for a living and stay in hotels all over the world and as such may by slightly pickier than the average guest. This is the first one where I've ever been charged an hourly rate for early check in, even when the room is available. I have lifetime Platinum status at Marriott so I'm probably a bit spoiled but it did make for a disappointing first impression.

My reason for staying was twofold. A wedding and looking for a new home away from home when I'm traveling from the US to visit my family in Weybridge. I typically stay at the Marriott in Twickenham.

The hotel is partly renovated but it's missed some tricks. USB ports by the bed should be standard in this day and age. They do have them but they're the other side of the room. A minor point but an annoying one for fellow road warriors. The rooms, other than feature rooms and the very aged "heritage rooms" have a shower only. There goes my dreams of a nice relaxing "Lush" bath after a long flight. Breakfast is £18. I asked for a latte and was told a very blunt "no", not even a "sorry but no" which is bizarre as it's on the room service menu. A decent selection but the worst scrambled eggs I've ever seen.

Reception seem to be flummoxed by even the most basic of requests. I'm worried about the taxi I've asked them to book to take me to the airport in the morning. No full length mirror in the rooms and only one towel in the bathroom. Sure you can call and ask for more but by the time you've called for more towels, and a softer pillow it all gets a bit annoying. I also found a large piece of lettuce on the windowsill! The irons are really cheap so be careful before you use them. Mine had crud on it which very nearly ruined the dress I was wearing to the wedding.

The good points are. Ample parking, lovely grounds and decent sized rooms. It's a good location if you want to get away from London but still be in easy reach. It's handy for LHR and is a quick Uber ride from Weybridge train station though you can walk to Walton on Thames station in about 20 mins. Wifi is fast with a good signal.

Overall it's not bad but if you're used to the major hotels with their slick customer service you may be disappointed.

Room tip: Ask for a renovated room
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Sibsie B

Dear guest,

We thank you for taking the trouble to provide us with this feedback, which is much appreciated.

All the points you have raised are noted, and we will do our best to make improvements in all areas, where possible.

We do not make a charge for check-in prior to 2.00pm if the allocated room is ready, unless a guest requests a guaranteed early check-in, in which case any extra charges are clearly advised in advance.

I am pleased that there were many aspects of the hotel that met with your approval, and I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I had a shocking experience this week. Air con fan was switching on and off every 3 mins so impossible to sleep. I had asked one of the night shift team to witness at 1am - as they thought it might have been my fault for leaving the bathroom fan on. Unable to fix or change rooms , I got less than 1 hrs sleep. I asked to be moved for the following eve as I was staying a second night - it was confirmed that this would be ok. Upon arrival for the second night nothing had happened , no notes, no change of rooms, no handover etc. Eventually sorted and moved, but nothing in the way of apology etc etc
This is another hotel I will avoid in the area - which is a shame as it’s a nice old building. However the team there need to re-evaluate what good looks like .

Trip type: Traveled on business

Thank you for your feedback.

We are very sorry about the malfuntion of the new air conditioning unit on your room and the inconvenience you suffered as a result.

Unfortunately, we did not have another room available to move you to, as the hotel was full that night.

I regret that your request for a room move the next day was not clearly communicated by the night team, but I am glad that this was quickly resolved, and that we were able to allocate a different room the next day.

I would like to assure you that this incident was exceptional, and we have spoken with the relevant team members to ensure that such a communication problem does not occur in the future.

We do hope you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel.

Reviewed June 11, 2019

My wife and I stayed at the hotel for a couple of nights. When we returned home my wife realised that she had left her night gown at the hotel. We called the hotel and we were delighted to learn that the gown had been found. The manager took ownership of our problem and the next day we received the garment. Thanks for the honesty of the staff and speedy return.

Date of stay: December 2018
Ness S, General Manager at Oatlands Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2019

Thank you for your feedback.

We are very pleased to have been able to promptly return your wife's gown.

Your kind comments are much appreciated, and will be shared with Valli, and our housekeeping team.

We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed June 10, 2019

Absolutely fab place to stay, great place to rest and recharge .just what the doctor ordered so much open space just outside London. Food and staff perfect and an easy place to relax and unwind.Building and rooms to die for very well presented with a natural palate .Rooms spotless and very comfortable. Will definitely return.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Ness S, General Manager at Oatlands Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2019

Dear guest,

Thank you for your lovely comments, which are much appreciated.

We are delighted that you had a comfortable and restful stay.

We are indeed blessed to have this great historic property surrounded by beautiful, tranquil grounds.

We hope to welcome you back soon.