“Wonderful service”

Oatlands Park Hotel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Weybridge
Reviewed April 19, 2014

Stayed two nights while attending a wedding that was held at the same venue. I booked a Classic Double and was very pleased with the room itself - It had a traditional feel but the bathroom was very modern. All the standard amenities were provided and the bed was absolutely lush. The view from my room was fantastic and opened up to the grounds at the back of the hotel.
The gardens are beautiful and it's easy to see why the happy couple chose Oatlands. The hotel itself, like the reception and lounge area looks quite dated however.
The staff are right up there and truly make this place a pleasure to stay at - Always smiling and ready to assist you with anything! They always went out of their way to ensure you were satisfied and nothing ever seemed too big.
The only real gripe I had with my room was the bedroom door - There is gap of around an inch from the floor which lets a lot of noise in and I felt quite paranoid about safety too!
Overall I was very pleased with my stay at Oatlands Park Hotel and I would recommend it if you were looking to get away for a night or two.

Room Tip: Request a room to the back of the hotel, near the gardens. Also, keep an eye for the offers on their...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Shortiee31
There are newer reviews for Oatlands Park Hotel

Reviewed April 2, 2014

Stayed three nights at Oatlands Park while on a business trip to Weybridge.
The hotel is situated in a residential area about 15-20 minutes walk from Weybridge main streets.

Check in was friendly.The elevator was under renovation, but staff was eager to assist with bringing my suitcase to the room. The room was fine, fairly large, clean and bright. Wi-Fi included in room rate, and worked very well.

I found the hotel a bit confusing to navigate in. I was trying to find the room of one of my colleagues, but I got lost and needed assistance from the staff to find my way around.

The lobby is large with a bar and plenty of seating areas. There was no minibar in the room, but a small fridge. I picked up some drinks at a nearby store, as the prices in the bar for a small bottle of soda was horrendous.

I had breakfast at the hotel only one morning, as I did not find it to give good value for money.
We had dinner at the hotel one night. The food was Ok, and the service good.

The hotel has a very classical fell to it, large manor style, if you know what I mean. Very nice gardens to walk in outside, with a small pond.

Plenty of parking.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank Vestfoldgirl
Reviewed March 28, 2014

Was treated by friends to afternoon tea at this hotel for my birthday. It was a lovely afternoon very relaxing in a grand environment, the food was excellent and the service was extremely good and unobtrusive. I would recommend this for a special treat in a lovely location.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Patsy66
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Stayed here on business a couple of weeks ago. The actual building itself and the grounds are impressive, to be fair, if you like grand old Georgian style places- I know it has a lot of history behind this place, it must be a nightmare to maintain, hence the fact that some areas of the hotel are clearly tired and in need of modernisation, but the main areas EG bar, grand hall and seating areas, are quite nice and pleasant. The room was fine and the bed was comfortable, but the floorboards were really creaky and noisy and I could everything going on in the room next to me, the walls were that thin. The food, however, was absolutely shocking. Thai fishcake starter- just 2 deep fried tiny fishcakes (not freshly made- in that hideous findus type orange breadcrumb stuff)on the plate with a little slick of disgusting sauce. Main course was supposed to be Thai red snapper- I have never had a piece of fish so overcooked in my life, it recoiled every time I touched it with my fork. And on what appeared to be a bed of supernoodles. And they had the cheek to charge 2 of us over 100 quid for this standard of food. Won't be going back there, its safe to say.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Paul S
Reviewed March 2, 2014

From outside the hotel looks very nice. Once you are in the room, things look less nice. The superior room was patchwork to say the least. The matress had too many users, the sofa was old and not well placed, a little room for the kettle, the wardrobe like a little annex. Incoming flights into LHR could be heard very well. The price was very high and breakfast would have come on top. There is a gym in the cellar which offers at least a couple of machines.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
4  Thank 69Traveltraveltravel
SallyRaithRiches, Director of Sales at Oatlands Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

Thank you for recent feedback after your stay with us.

We are a traditional English country house hotel which lends itself to the decor. Many of our guests visit us specifically for this traditional feel. Our pricing structure sits in the relevant position of our local market.

This is the first time we have received comments about aeroplane noise, as we are 16 miles from LHR and not on any major flight paths.

Thank you once again for your feedback

Kind regards

Reviewed February 25, 2014

We stayed at Oatlands Park Hotel we thought this would be a great special place to celebrate our first anniversary. It is a beautiful building. Very old and has a great deal of character. The staff on reception were very friendly, helping me sort an issue with my booking without any trouble. The room (we stayed in a feature room) was huge. Loads of room and indeed special. The bed was comfortable, and the rooms clean and tidy but the night we stayed was windy and wet and the windows moved all night and the water dripping from the broken gutter was also annoying. I guess that’s what you get from an old building but this is meant to be a 4 star hotel!!!!! We decided to book the evening meal inclusive deal. This entitles you to £24.94 towards a pre-set 3 course meal. Good value but the choice on this menu is extremely limited. We therefore decided to use the al la carte menu with the pre-paid amount taken off at the end. We were served by what can only be described as a very creepy waiter!!! He knew the menu well but he was extremely forward to my partner, kneeling on the floor to go through the wine menu and leaning right over her when discussing the food. My partner felt unnerved and I was totally ignored!!! The starters were “OK” but nothing special. For main course, I had an over cooked Guinea Fowl breast and my partner a well undercooked duck breast. Due to the creepiness of the waiter we felt we could not complain!!!! Overall we were very disappointed with the meal, especially as we expected it to be of a 4 star quality in standard and service. So in conclusion. Lovely hotel if you like something old and difference (which we did). Needs some repair. And lastly, if staying here book a local restaurant in Weybridge, there are plenty there much better quality (and cheaper!!!)

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Steve M
Reviewed February 19, 2014

We were due to stay at this hotel for a friends birthday this weekend. Unfortunately, we found out last wednesday that our Dad has cancer, and requires immediate treatment. We have obviously cancelled being away this weekend, as we want to be closer to home, and need to be there for other family members. Our friends completely understand, however, the hotel won't refund our booking. We paid upfront to secure a 'special' rate of £166 per night, however it's now £101 anyway!!! How disgusting is that? It's a total lack of compassion and flexibilty. I've also had to call every day to chase them. I do feel sorry for the final lady dealing with us, as I think her hands are tied. Do not go to this hotel as they are heartless, thoughtless, and have caused additional stress in an already very stressful time of our lives.

Seriously unimpressed!

Stayed: February 2014
5  Thank Becky M

I am sorry to see these comments you placed on Trip Adviser and wanted to clarify your issues raised. You purchased a Best Advance Purchase rate online which does clearly stipulate the Terms and Conditions which are non- refundable and non- transferable. On hearing your news my Team took this to higher management to try and assist. Whilst we were unable to refund the amount we did offer the opportunity to transfer this booking to a later date. Booking the advanced purchase rate always gives you the Best rate available which is why the terms are so strict. You booked an upgraded room type for the rate of £166 and have now stated that the rate should have been £101, this would have been for the classic double room which is our entry level room. Please know that we are compassionate and try to be as flexible as we can, our offer for your to book this night away still stands.

Once again our thoughts are with you and your family during this difficult time.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Weybridge
Brooklands Hotel
The Warren Lodge Hotel
The Warren Lodge Hotel
#1 of 3 in Shepperton
The Runnymede on Thames

Been to Oatlands Park Hotel? Share your experiences!