Stayed two days for a conference, and can echo many of the comments made by others. The building is interesting, especially the communal areas, and feels like a fine Edwardian country house. The grounds are also very pretty, and the room was very spacious. The bar staff also know how to make classic cocktails properly. I also found the staff pleasant and positive and helpful, and despite other reviews, the food was broadly good, except for breakfast. These are the good points, and they are important.
The negatives,unfortunately, are those listed by others ; for the price, the decor is dated and slightly institutional. It is perhaps best represented by the large and obviously plastic fern that dominates the otherwise-pretty foyer. The king size bed consisted of two singles bracketed together, and the mattress was sloppy and uncomfortable. The rooms were alternately cold and unbearably stuffy, and the MDFI-veneer furniture was probably acquired from an Argos sale fifteen years ago. When I hung my towel over the rail of the shower curtain, the cheap plastic fitting came away from the ceiling. The external window-sill was clearly rotten and nearly crumbling. Wifi is free in the communal areas but not available in the room, though there is ethernet - still, it's a handheld world out there nowadays...
As noted above, the food at dinner was good, but the breakfast was grimly institutional - slimy fried eggs in a large warming tray, greyish, undercooked bacon, no sign of preserves, etc. I could have lived with the deficiencies and still thought it just scraped a pass mark..... but then I ordered a whisky at the bar. A double measure of Laphroig 10 year old - about £25 a bottle in the shops - landed me with a tab for £17, with a space for a gratuity. That was the moment that I realised that this was a hotel that really doesn't deserve to be patronised by me (or anyone else) again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oatlands Park hotel is a historic Country House Hotel in the heart of Surrey. Set in ten acres of picturesque parkland the enduring characteristics of this property and grounds make this the perfect location for all occasions. Located between London Heathrow and Gatwick airports, 5 minutes from Weybridge railway station, and just 10 minutes from the M25. Oatlands Park is an ideal base from which to explore some of the country's finest museums, golf and racecourses or visit local attractions such as historical palaces or fun filled theme parks. All 144 bedrooms are individually furnished and benefit from 24 hour room service, satellite television, air conditioning and free internet access. The Broadwater restaurant and terrace is the perfect place for dining. With spectacular views over the Broadwater Lake and landscaped gardens you can enjoy the sumptuous cuisine in a luxurious and relaxing setting. We offer a range of leisure facilities and sporting activities which are further complemented by the facilities in the area surrounding Oatlands Park hotel. Improve your golf skills on our 9 hole par- 3 course or play a game of tennis on court, set in our landscaped grounds. For those who like to keep fit, the hotel has its own fitness suite with a range of equipment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Oatlands Park Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Oatlands Park Weybridge
- Oatlands Park Hotel Weybridge, Surrey