Nicely manicured lawns greet you as you draw up at this typical British looking hotel. The lounge area is also the place where you get to have your meals - there are a few dining tables placed ahead. So it is kind of funny arriving at the hotel while people are having their meals seated on sofas. After checking in and going to your room is always an effort in these Ye Olde hotels - unlike India, there's no one around to take your luggage and to get to your room you have to encounter several doors and staircases. Painful in case you are overloaded. And the carpeting doesn't exactly make your suitcase wheels go at Lightning McQueen speeds.
My room was one of the corner ones on the second floor. From my window I could look at the front of the hotel and the lawns. It was certainly not a large room - cosy and just about enough. The one thing I cannot complain about were the cookies they had kept along with the electric kettle! As in the UK, there are signs everywhere you look. And hotels are no exception, right down to the bathing area.
My vegetarian lunch at the hotel was pretty good and the place has such a sleepy air about it that you just want to head to your room and crash. The next day was the revelation. I went down for breakfast and it was decent without being exceptional in terms of choice. It was at the breakfast area that I saw out of the windows - the view was magnificent! The breakfast room opens into a terrace and beyond is the golf course. It was beautiful. That's when I realised I should have explored this hotel a little bit. I wonder if there are any rooms facing the golf course - it would heighten the experience of staying here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oatlands Park hotel is a historic Country House Hotel in the heart of Surrey. Set in ten acres of picturesque parkland the enduring characteristics of this property and grounds make this the perfect location for all occasions. Located between London Heathrow and Gatwick airports, 5 minutes from Weybridge railway station, and just 10 minutes from the M25. Oatlands Park is an ideal base from which to explore some of the country's finest museums, golf and racecourses or visit local attractions such as historical palaces or fun filled theme parks. All 144 bedrooms are individually furnished and benefit from 24 hour room service, satellite television, air conditioning and free internet access. The Broadwater restaurant and terrace is the perfect place for dining. With spectacular views over the Broadwater Lake and landscaped gardens you can enjoy the sumptuous cuisine in a luxurious and relaxing setting. We offer a range of leisure facilities and sporting activities which are further complemented by the facilities in the area surrounding Oatlands Park hotel. Improve your golf skills on our 9 hole par- 3 course or play a game of tennis on court, set in our landscaped grounds. For those who like to keep fit, the hotel has its own fitness suite with a range of equipment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Agoda, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Oatlands Park Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Oatlands Park Weybridge
- Oatlands Park Hotel Weybridge, Surrey