“A Lovely Spa Break”
Review of Brooklands Hotel

Brooklands Hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Weybridge
Reviewed March 6, 2011

My friend and I booked the Spa weekend package which inlcuded Dinner, Bed, Breakfast and two spa treatements for £140 each.

We arrived at 12.30pm and were able to have an early check in. We were allocated a twin room - 108. A lovely spacious room overlooking the Mercedes-Benz Brooklands race / test track which was interesting. The only issue we had with the room was the bed on the right hand side squeeked !!! Very strange and this was not noticed untill around 12.30am when I was actually in bed. Although it didnt keep me awake and we did report the issue on check out. Room has huge plasma tv, robe, slippers and tea and coffee facilites. Bathroom was nice, no bath, but huge shower.

We had lunch in the Brasserie then time in the spa area. Our treatments were on time, relaxed and professional. The whole spa area is relaxing and enjoyable. The hot tub, is located outside, over looking the test track. A little on the small side but lovely and hot.

Our dinner in the Brasserie was lovely, this restaurant got very busy on the evening we were here and perhaps a couple of extra members of staff would have been helpful. The menu, food and service were all excellent. We then indulged in a few cocktails each (£9 each) which were excellent.

Breakfast was good, full english, fruit, cereals, pastries, selection of breads, jucies.

A very relaxing and enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
Marco-Brooklands, General Manager at Brooklands Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2011

We are delighted that you enjoyed your Spa break with us here at Brooklands Hotel and that you managed to enjoy all of the facilities on offer. I have noted your comments in regards to the bed and staffing at dinner and will certainly adress this with the team and correct accordingly. I do hope that you will return very soon and use our spa again in the near future.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,728)

Reviewed March 6, 2011

The Brooklands Hotel is a fantastic place! The decor, the staff, the service, the food (Which was exceptional), the room, everything about this stay was enjoyable and great value for money and the Mercedes track day is a must! One of the best hotels I have stayed at in the UK. This is somewhere I would stay again. 10/10.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your great comments and we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and the surrounding area. We are proud of our product and location and we are very pleased that you will come and and stay with us again.

Reviewed March 3, 2011

I was expecting outstanding treatment as the room rate was most of the pricey outside of London.
Instead I received appalling service. The hotel was clean and glamourous but the staff were cold, dimissive and rude and I felt that if I d been wearing a tie and suit I would have received better treatment but a s a woman travelling alone I was dismissed and totally undervalued, what was worse when I called to register my disatisfaction the manager took offence and told me to take my custom elese where! I will be taking him up on his suggestion!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank EBArcher

As you are aware following our previous telephone conversations and the full investigation that took place. I felt your feedback and requests were unreasonable. I am disappointed having to now respond to this via Trip Advisor.

Reviewed February 25, 2011

A really lovely hotel,fantastic decor , loved it!! massive room with two super super kingsize beds and an extra bed was put in for us.We have 3 kids who loved the place. Great curtain glass wall to view the track. immaculate room , A nice wet room with fab shower - very important!! Lovely dinner loved the bar areasone compaint although it was winter and we turned heating off the room was absolutely boiling and no window to open!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
Marco-Brooklands, General Manager at Brooklands Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2011

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed all of the facilities on offer. Our rooms are completed to a high specification and are much larger than average hotel room sizes, I am glad that you enjoyed this and also the large beds. The heating can be controlled in the rooms and adjusted to a comfortable temperature, I will ensure that my team explain this to all of our guests staying. Hopefully we can welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed February 25, 2011

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at this hotel and would rate the staff very highly.
However. Porridge was mentioned on the room service menu but not visible in the restaurant so I asked for it, and it arrived, severely undercooked. Mirrors, as a previous reviewer mentioned, were hopeless.. no use at all for make-up management! This is a common failing in hotels which are clearly designed by men, for men who shave with their eyes closed....

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LizMalaga

Thank you for your feedback and we are delighted that overall you enjoyed the facilities on offer. I will however share your comments in regards to the porridge with our chef to ensure that this is corrected going forward. We are currently looking at what we can do in regards to lighting in the rooms to assist ladies with their makeup application and will try and improve this area. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed February 23, 2011

Fair's fair...so first the good news. A double room on a Saturday night for £132, plus £10 each for breakfast, totalling £152 is just about OK for a top hotel set in an industrial estate but next to the historic old motoring racing circuit and the car museum. Rooms clean and well-appointed...but without bath or bidet. No vanity/shaving mirror. Staff friendly and efficient. BUT....annoyingly, breakfast for two is £20 only if you book in advance - if you decide on the day that you are peckish then it's £12 extra (£6 each). Absurd. The spa boasts an outside tub which fits only four people in a hotel with, I think, 120 rooms. And there are only about ten loungers overlooking the old racetrack. Cocktail bar: 8 out of ten. Dinner: 5 out of ten. Over-priced wine and food - unappetising steak, over-cooked thin McDonalds-style "fries" (ugh)...and a ludictrous pudding involving a sprinkling of under-cooked popcorn around a dollop of chocolatey stuff. I was tempted by the cheese...but not at the price they were charging. Uninviting reception/lobby area. Oh yes, one more thing...on entering the hotel there's no sign saying RECEPTION. You just have to take pot luck....Verdict: Could do better.

Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jukeboxcanary

Thank you for your feedback and I am sorry that the hotel did not meet your expectations. As a hotel we are delighted to be situated opposite Mercedes Benz World and part of the Brooklands Museaum and historic race track, which adds a sense of history and nostalgia to our location. All of our rooms are decorated to a high specification with large walk in rain showers and although we do not have bidets in the rooms a few do have baths which can be offered if a guest particularily wants a bath. As a hotel we have chosen to minimise the furniture in the lobby area to create a more impactive wow, to our guests hence why there is no signage as when you walk into the lobby you only see one desk which is the main reception desk. All of our rates are packaged to offer value for money and should you know you are taking breakfast it is advisable to purchase an inclusive rate. If you choose room only then you purchase all extra items at the non inclusive price. We have had many great comments about our restaurant and our pastry chef has had years of experience in top hotels, I am sorry that you found the food and desserts not to your taste. Once again thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed February 10, 2011

Having stayed around ten nights over 2010 . We have found the hotel consistent with their service and well maintained rooms . Although on a few occasions the shower gel , towels and bathrobes had not been replaced . But a simple call to house keeping and a friendly face would arrive at the door with everything we needed .Room service was very efficient with a reasonable selection on the menu . I haves used the spa once and it was lovely , very clean and well managed. Took the whole family between Christmas and new year they gave us a really great deal and we had a lovely time . The reservation team are lovely people to deal with , I would highly recommend this hotel .

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Marco-Brooklands, General Manager at Brooklands Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2011

Thank you very much for your kind comments and I am delighted that my team looked after you well. I am also pleased that my Housekeeping team were helpful with your requests but we will certainly look at improving the replenishing of items daily. I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back very soon and reservations wil be delighted to help you with your booking requests.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Weybridge
Oatlands Park Hotel
Hand & Spear Hotel
#3 of 4 in Weybridge
The Runnymede on Thames
Pennyhill Park, an Exclusive Hotel & Spa

Been to Brooklands Hotel? Share your experiences!