“Superb, can't fault a single thing”
Review of Brooklands Hotel

Brooklands Hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Weybridge
Reviewed July 19, 2014

My wife and I stayed here whilst we attended an experience day at MB World which is 200yds away. The rooms are modern and spotlessly clean. It has the best restaurant of any hotel I've stayed in, we both said that our meals (which were different) were one of the very best we've ever had anywhere and we eat out a lot. The bar is exceptionally well stocked, with lots of cocktails available for those that don't want Peroni on draught. The staff were super friendly but at the same time professional. There is nothing negative I can say about this hotel, I would like to live there!

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Marco-Brooklands, General Manager at Brooklands Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2014

Thank you for your feedback and we are delighted that you had a great stay with us and that you particularly enjoyed your dinner in 1907, we will share this with the team.

I hope we can welcome you back.

There are newer reviews for Brooklands Hotel

Reviewed July 18, 2014

I have stayed here a number of times and really enjoy this hotel. It has a very nice breakfast buffet and an excellent restaurant/bar. The rooms are modern and fairly large. The staff is friendly and helpful. However, Summer mid-week rates have gone up substantially. On weekends, they offer excellent Groupon rates, but mid-week business travelers can expect to pay a high rate. Note that this hotel if fairly isolated (near Mercedes-Benz World and Brookland's Museum, but not much else), so if you arrive without a vehicle, you are at the mercy of the shuttle and taxis. One final comment: the very large Executive rooms in the back of the hotel (at least those on the second floor) are near several hotel offices. Doors and hallway noise become somewhat pronounced after about 8 am, so if you are a late sleeper, beware.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank pw9999

Thank you for your feedback and we are pleased you enjoy staying with us here at Brooklands. During the week the hotel is extremely busy with high demand for accommodation and this is reflected in the rates we charge. The rooms on the back of the hotel overlook the Velocity building which is not currently occupied however you may wish to request a front facing when you next book if that is more preferable to you. We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed July 15, 2014

I purchased a spa day for my daughter for her birthday this year and attended yesterday. The Hotel is opposite Mercedes World and the Spa outside seating area and Jacuzzi overlook the track and skid pan. The reception staff were welcoming and accommodating, very friendly and approachable. We arrived to spend a full day in the spa environment, having booked out treatments for the end of the day so we could make full use of the facilities and gain the best from our treatments. The spa package is advertised for 14's and over but the facilities, the Jacuzzi, Steam room and Sauna all had notices stating for use of over 16's only therefore the use of the spa equates to a very comfortable lounger. Lunch is included but only if its under £15 and includes one drink, you pay for anything else. The half hour facial was a little rushed - treatment time was closer to 20 minutes and the pedicure would have been a nail shape and polish, a pedicure is a treatment and should involve at least a soak of the feet. I requested that the therapists work on the hard skin of my feet - she did this without pre soaking them - the result is I now have cuts on the soles and sides of my feet. The half hour facial is £40 the half hour pedicure £33 and lunch £15 which totals £88 each so for two it is very short of the £252 I paid for this package. It is a real shame as the surroundings are lovely, we thankfully had a wonderful sunny day and were able to lie on the balcony loungers, if it had been raining it would have been very crowded in the inside seating area which is very limited.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Libbie1000
Marco-Brooklands, General Manager at Brooklands Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2014

Thank you for your feedback on your visit to the hotel with your daughter. We have looked into your comments made and are a little surprised as the team remember dealing with you on the day and at no time was your dissatisfaction mentioned. With our Little Miss n Mix packages teenagers are permitted to use all of the facilities when accompanied with their parent as this is how the package has been tailored however for general hotel guest use you have to be 16 and over to use the spa hence the signs. If you were not sure of this my team would have been able to clarify on the day as I feel disappointed that due to the confusion with the signs you missed out on this. Our Pedicures are waterless treatments hence no soaking is required the products used do the work , I am sorry if you feel that this did achieve the right result and again Kirsty my Assistant Spa manager who was on duty that day would have been happy to speak with you. We are always happy to receive reviews from our guests both positive and negative however as team we appreciate the opportunity at the time to address any shortfalls that occur so we can ensure that your day or stay runs smoothly going forward.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

My friend and I booked a night at this lovely hotel via Groupon. The hotels itself is very modern, very clean, the rooms (we upgraded to track side) are large and set to a very high standard. with a wet room and lovely large bed. The staff were excellent, very keen to help, very friendly and pleasant. This is a hotel with a spa, not a "spa hotel", the spa itself is on the top floor, the hot tub, whilst small is on the decking area on the top floor, and we had a sunbathe there overlooking the Mercedes Benz world track. I would definitely return.

Room Tip: upgrade to track view or you will be overlooking the car park at rear
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Mitzi R

Thank you for your feedback and I am delighted that you both enjoyed one of our special offers that we run at times through the year. I am also pleased you enjoyed time in our spa at the hotel and in particular with this nice weather some sun bathing around the hot tub. I hope we can welcome you back again very soon.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

We spent one night at the Brooklands as part of a Virgin Experience gift voucher which also included entry to the museum.
Everything about this hotel is slick, from the architecture and decor, to the facilities and the staff. Located right in the middle of what was the old Brooklands circuit (of which some banking remains) there is ample free parking right outside reception.
Our room had every mod con imaginable but was stylish too, also spotlessly clean, and we loved our names on the TV when you enter the room, simple but effective! Overlooking Mercedes World and their test tracks we found very interesting. We did sample the bar menu and found the food excellent, as was the breakfast the following morning, which was a self serve arrangement with a very extensive choice of cooked or non cooked fare on offer. Whilst there has been some mention of soft beds on these reviews, we found ours very comfy indeed.
All staff were polite and friendly to us throughout our short time there. Overall, as much as we try and think of any negative points we cant, and ok the Brooklands isn't the cheapest, but for the overall experience we had there we would say it was good value.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

We are so pleased you had a great stay with us and the team looked after you well. I am also delighted that you enjoyed the museum as part of your package, indeed it is very interesting to hear about the original track and its journey through to the present time. I will share your lovely comments on the food and rooms with the team and I hope that we can welcome you back again very soon.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

Stayed here whilst visiting family in the area and found the hotel to be of a high standard the rooms were lovely, spacious and spotless. We only had the breakfast to eat in the hotel restaurant and that was very good.
The only slight negatives were that the beds in the room were extremely soft so if anyone has back issues take this into account, the hotel staff will put a board under the mattress to firm it up if that helps. Also some of the staff around the bar later in the evening seemed a bit unfriendly but most were very pleasant. For the price of the rooms and the fact there is a spa in the hotel, I think this place could use a swimming pool. Also if planning to stay a while transport is necessary as the location is a little isolated.

That said warm welcome, clean and modern. Can only give 5 stars.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank David H

Thank you for your feedback and we are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. I will share your comments with the team and I am sorry that you found some of our staff unfriendly as this is not the kind of comments we usually receive as guest service is something we receive tremendous feedback on however we will pass this on so that we can ensure we are delivering the expected level at all times. Unfortunately we do not have a pool, although this is something we applied for at the time of building the hotel the council did not approve this, I do hope however that you enjoyed the hot tub overlooking the race track.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

Located in the stunning county of Surrey, just 20 minutes from London and standing where the world famous Brooklands race track once reigned supreme during the 1920s and 30s. The Brooklands Hotel takes this iconic inspiration to deliver a new kind of unique experience.
Generally hotel itself is really good. Nothing you could complain about. The only problem is location - in the middle of nowhere. If you don't want to stay in a building all the time you have to use taxis.
Rooms are quite big with large bathrooms. Standard equipment - AC, TV, free wi-fi, kettle with selection of tea & coffee. Everything new, comfy and very clean.
You will find there a bar and a restaurant with mixed type of cuisine. Food is fantastic! Prices are little bit high as mainly businessmen stay over there.
Excellent service!!
There is a nice gym, sauna and whirlpool bath. Not too big but for evening relax is enough.
In the middle of some kind of business park. Nothing to do. You need a taxi to get to the centre of Weybridge or train station. It will cost you arround 10 pounds each time. At the morning you can use hotel's shuttle bus.
Brooklands Hotel is located directly at the Mercedes Benz World.

Have a look inside here: http://youtu.be/SUsF02D2few

Room Tip: I stayed at Brooklands number of times and always preferred rooms at the rear of the hotel facing tr...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Adam D

Thank you for your feedback and I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. As a hotel we are fortunate to be located on the site of the original Brooklands Racetrack and also to enjoy views over the Mercedes Benz World track which provides great entertainment for our guests. Indeed we do share our site with some large blue chip company buildings however you can walk to Weybridge through a short cut and that will take you about 30 minutes or indeed a short taxi ride. Our company shuttle bus is for use to transport our business guests Monday to Friday to the adjoining office buildings and unfortunately is not available for general use. I hope that we can welcome you back again to stay or just to enjoy dinner in 1907.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Weybridge
Oatlands Park Hotel
Pennyhill Park, an Exclusive Hotel & Spa
De Vere Wotton House
De Vere Wotton House
#1 of 8 in Dorking

Been to Brooklands Hotel? Share your experiences!