“Very Professional Hotel”

Brooklands Hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Weybridge
“Very Professional Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for two nights because of a corporate do at Sandown races and we used the Brooklands suite to entertain our guests for the evening.

It's a nice, clean, efficient & trendy hotel and the staff are mostly really friendly and helpful. The rooms are great and have everything you'd expect from this standard of hotel with the room rates they charge.

They're obviously very experienced at hosting events too which was very welcome and allowed us to relax and enjoy the evening without worrying about all of the little details.

Would recommend using and may well use again, the only reason I haven't scored a five is because it does lack a bit of character and the staff at breakfast were a bit hit & miss.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Marco-Brooklands, General Manager at Brooklands Hotel, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Thank you for your feedback and I am delighted that overall you had a great stay with us. I will share your comments with the team and I do hope that we can welcome you back again very soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (677)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Weybridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights, great hotel with a beautiful and relaxing spa area.

The beds are probably the most comfortable I have ever slept in.

Lovely large room and great bathroom with a walk in shower.

The bar and the food in the restaurant is also top notch.

Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Chris A
Thank you for your lovely feedback and I am so pleased you had a great stay with us, I will share this with the team and I hope we can welcome you back again very soon.
Rayleigh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2014

We stayed here for a couple of nights as part of a fiftieth birthday celebration. The hotel was very clean on the whole, although the toilet cleaning regime needed a little more care (the square design meaning more attention should have been paid to the corners...). It was comfortable, with friendly, efficient staff. Everything worked well, and even the standard double room was spacious enough. The bed was really comfortable.
The restaurant was very good. The food was all prepared to a very high standard, and although it was not cheap, it was certainly right for a special occasion. (Probably not somewhere to eat every night if you were staying for a week.) The breakfast buffet was one of the best we've experienced, with the cooked dishes nice and hot, and a good selection of cold alternatives.
My only negative feeling about the hotel was that - for me - it was lacking in character. The décor was rather minimal and soulless. However, that's more an issue of personal taste, and others may love it. We also would have liked to have some net curtains to draw across the large plate-glass windows, as we did feel as though we could have been "on show" to anyone passing outside!

Room Tip: If you want to be able to open a window, you'll probably need a room with a balcony.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Matthew B
Thank you for your feedback and I am pleased you enjoyed your stay celebrating with friends and family. I will share your comments with the team and ensure that we our public areas are thoroughly checked to ensure they are to the correct standard. I am sorry that the décor of the hotel was not to your personal liking however I hope that if you are in the area again you will consider staying with us again.
London, UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2014

As someone who travels quite a bit for work, I stayed 1 night at the Brooklands Hotel. The interior and the rooms are impressive, however, I think the price is very high for the level of service. I arrived late to the hotel, which is not within walking distance of anything, there is no room service except a sandwich later in the evening... which is ultimately fine, but the method/attitude of communication was less than professional. Additionally, breakfast in the morning has a good spread but we waited for almost 15 minutes to get a coffee which was delivered with no milk, again, a ten minute wait for that to be delivered. And, there were multiple dirty tables yet a relatively quiet dining room. Now, if the price point had been 130 a night, that would be okay - but for double that, it was not what i expected.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Marco-Brooklands, General Manager at Brooklands Hotel, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Thank you for your feedback and I am sorry that you were disappointed with the service you received during your stay. Please be assured this is not our normal level of hospitality and I will certainly share this with the team players to ensure this shortfall is addressed. As with most hotels hot meals through room service stop later in the evening with then a selection of sandwiches being offered 24 hours, this however does not excuse the way this was portrayed to you. I do hope despite this set back you will look at using us again when you are next in the area.
Lincoln, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

Hotel was very nice we are returning for the Mercedes Benz experience we had a big problem with the restaurant but the management are aware and are sorting this out with us so I will add to the reviews when this is done

• Stayed June 2014
Marco-Brooklands, General Manager at Brooklands Hotel, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay and we are sorry that you were disappointed with our 1907 restaurant. Our restaurant is very popular and is enjoyed by residents and non residents in the local area and also we are proud to have just received a 2 AA rosette accolade for our food quality and service. Following my personal conversation with you on departure from the hotel and my restaurant managers conversation during the evening we both apologised for the delay experienced during a very busy evening and this was addressed with an offer of a complimentary glass of wine at the time, however I was personally on the pass that evening and the food quality was served to the usual high standard I am therefore sorry that you felt the main course was below standard. My team however dealt with your dissatisfaction at the time and replaced the main courses and the charge was reflected on your bill. I am satisfied that this has been dealt with appropriately at the time and should you decide to come and stay with us again, you have my card therefore please let me know.
Wokingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

We booked Brooklands Hotel really for its convenient location to the Brooklands Museum which we have always wanted to visit (it's also next door to the Mercedes World another bonus)

Rarely have I given an Hotel a Trip Advisor five rating (on the basis that in my view it essentially means nothing can be bettered) but in this instance, it is more than well deserved.

The location is excellent and surprisingly peaceful - it looks like somewhere that has been built and fitted out with no expense spared - it looks new - but I think is about four years old - a credit to those who maintain and clean.

Every member of staff we met - from the front desk to the wait staff were courteous and engaging - nothing was too much trouble.

Our room was spotlessly clean and well appointed, robes and slippers included as standard. An amazing walk in rain shower, large soft bath towels, bottled water in the fridge etc.etc.

No password wifi included - so simple and so convenient. We did not eat in the Restaurant but had breakfast which is buffet style and one of the best full english breakfast's we have ever had.

Every aspiring hotel manager should spend a day at Brooklands Hotel and see how a near perfect hotel is run and managed (not practical or possible I know!)

We plan to stay again late Summer and are looking forward to it already.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Scene-set
Thank you for your feedback and I am delighted that you enjoyed the hotel and the facilities and also thank you for your glowing review the team will be really pleased. Indeed the hotel opened in March 2010 and our housekeeping team work hard to maintain the property to a good standard. We have a lovely team here at the hotel and we all work hard to maintain great teamwork and ensure our guests really enjoy their experience. As a hotel we were luck to receive 2 awards this year, 2 AA Rosettes for our 1907 restaurant and also a place in the Sunday Times Top 100 Small companies to work for, which the team are all really proud of. I do hope that we can welcome you back again very soon.
Copenhagen, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2014

While new, the hotel is a bust for the price. In room climate not good and likely why a noisy portable air"cleaner" was blasting upon arrival. Very limited service level. Having a "Make my day" direct dial button on the phone is high risk, when property has very limited service capability. Black shoe polish - or better yet, offer of a shoe shine, would have made my day, however no shoe polish (but a mit!), and no offer to shine them, but instead suggesting that I head to Tesco ½ mile down the street to pick up the polish is not really making my day... No help to take heavy bags to the room. Food was actually pretty good, but nah, not coming back.

Stay here only if you are in the area to visit the next door race track - and or get a great deal.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Niels S
Marco-Brooklands, General Manager at Brooklands Hotel, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Thank you for your feedback and I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations. As a team we strive to deliver excellent service at all times and this is reflected in the comments we receive and our guests returning time and time again. I will share your comments with the team and I am sorry that you feel you wont return to us.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Weybridge
The Runnymede on Thames
Hilton Cobham
Hilton Cobham
#4 of 4 in Cobham
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,536 reviews

Been to Brooklands Hotel? Share your experiences!