“Great Birthday treat for the man !”
Review of Brooklands Hotel

Brooklands Hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Weybridge
Reviewed May 16, 2014

Took my b/f for his birthday. Was given a lovely upgrade and some delicious strawberries dipped in chocolate as a surprise birthday gesture. He loved the hotel and location . Didn't get to try the spa but we ate via room service as we had a dining table and the food was good, as was breakfast .

Room Tip: Bid for a trackside upgrade
1  Thank jacgood
Marco-Brooklands, General Manager at Brooklands Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2014

We are so pleased you had a great stay with us and enjoyed celebrating your boyfriends birthday. Hopefully we can welcome you back again very soon and that you can enjoy the spa on your next visit.

There are newer reviews for Brooklands Hotel

Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

I have visited this hotel several times over the past year and am never disappointed. From the moment you step inside, the staff are welcoming, friendly and professional. Spa is amazing! An outside hot tub, sauna, steam room, relaxing sleep room and a multitude of spa treatments. Rooms are modern, immaculate, spacious and an added bonus if you get a track facing room. Great breakfast, great afternoon tea as well. An all round amazing hotel. I recently tried somewhere a bit closer to home; never again! Brooklands have most definitely set the standard for me, needless to say I'll be back very soon.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Marco-Brooklands, General Manager at Brooklands Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2014

Thank you for your lovely review and I am so pleased you had a great stay with us back in September and that the team looked after you well. We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

We were just getting ready to leave for our romantic spa break when my wife's phone rang, where were we said the lady from the spa? A conversation ensued and it transpired that they had booked one of us in for a treatment at 12:30pm and one of us at 3:30pm. Not a big problem, they said, they would sort it out and re-book one of us for a massage instead of a facial for 3:30pm.
We arrived at the hotel, very nice, checked in and went up to the spa arriving at 3pm. We introduced ourselves and filled in pre-treatment forms. Then we went through, changed and went to wait for our treatments. My wife was taken through at 3:30, then I waited, and waited, not very relaxed I asked what was time it was, 3:50 the response. 10 minutes later one of the staff came to find me, there's been a bit of a mix up she said,! I was past the point of relaxing by this time so I declined the offer of a treatment, my gripe being if you make a mistake, don't make a second one and if you do make a second one own up to it!! The staff could have conveyed the second error at 3:00pm when we arrived or at 3:30pm when they collected my wife, and not left it until 4:00pm before telling me.
I complained, very sorry said John the duty manager, I'll refund the treatment and send up a treat to your room, well £20 off, 2 glasses of cheap Prosecco and some manky bar snacks doesn't quite make up for such a rubbish afternoon!!
Even getting past this, the Brooklands hotel Spa has another major problem, the definition of a Spa:
1. A resort providing therapeutic baths.
2. A resort area having mineral springs.
3. A fashionable hotel or resort.
4. A health spa.
5. A tub for relaxation or invigoration, usually including a device for raising whirlpools in the water.
The Brooklands Spa is definitely not a Sap, unless one wooden, tub outside with broken controls counts as number 5? There is no pool, and there is certainly nowhere to relax, we were sat on the relaxers for half an hour listening to a conversation round the corner and also to the conversation on the recliners next to us.
Now the good bit, the bar staff were great, the restaurant staff were great, but the food was just so so. Burnt potato wedges with dips, was probably the best. The surrey premium burger was slightly better than El fudgo's kebab house at 3am,
Anyway don't go there, don't ruin your weekend!!

Room Tip: Book a trackside room, otherwise you get to enjoy the view of car parks and hotel bins
3  Thank Gareth S

Thank you for taking time to review your recent visit to Brooklands Hotel and for speaking personally with our Duty Manager at the weekend. I can only apologise that there was a mix up with one of your spa treatments on the day and then once re scheduled there was a miss communication with the therapist which resulted in the treatment being missed. Please accept my apologies and may I reassure you this is not our normal standard of service. We are in a people industry and from time to time things do go wrong, however I do know my team refunded the treatment cost and the complimentary glass of prosecco was offered to you by way of an apology and as a gesture of goodwill. I am again also sorry that you did not enjoy the food in the evening as you will see we receive many great reviews on our food and in particular the Brooklands Burger, however I will share this feedback with our Chef and the team. I am very sorry that overall you were disappointed with our hotel and we do take your feedback on board.

Reviewed May 12, 2014

Today I had the pleasure of visiting The Spa at The Brooklands Hotel. It was actually my 6th visit to date and though I've always left feeling relaxed & pampered today the staff & ambience really excelled.
My friend and I were there on a 'pamper day' - very reasonably priced - and it included two lovely treatments and lunch. The facilities, though limited, (there is no pool) are lovely. They include an outside hot tub over looking the Brooklands racetrack, meditation room, relaxation room, gym, sauna and steam room. We were given robes, slippers & towels and offered drinks throughout the day. The staff were charming and friendly and the treatments were amazing. I'd highly recommend the Hot Stone massage. My therapist Sisidee was fantastic.
Although we didn't stay the night, I have done in the past and can highly recommend the large, stylish bedrooms, enormous showers and delicious food. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Marco-Brooklands, General Manager at Brooklands Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2014

We are delighted that you had a great day at the spa and enjoyed the facilities and treatments offered by the team. I will pass on your kind comments to them and hope we can welcome you back again very soon.

Reviewed May 11, 2014

We stayed in a Panoramic Suite for two nights over the bank holiday, and really can't fault it in any way , the room was lovely, the food was fantastic and all the staff were helpful and friendly. The location was an easy walk to both Mercedes Benz World and the Brookland's Museum. there's a large free car park and complimentary wi-fi.

Room Tip: try to upgrade to a track facing room
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Marco-Brooklands, General Manager at Brooklands Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2014

We are so pleased you enjoyed the facilities on offer and hope that we can welcome you back again very soon.

Reviewed May 10, 2014

Fantastic hotel with the most extraordinary helpful staff who really do everything to make the stay great such as brining warm milk for our baby to the room, the best service we have found in England in this hotel category by far.

Pity that they do not pool as apart from that the gym and spa are extremely nice...and some do the rooms are very small when having a baby cod (the very nice gentleman at the reception gave us a bigger room....)

Thanks to everyone at the Brooklands and we are looking forward to our next stay!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

We are so pleased you had a great stay and the team looked after you well and offered to accommodate your requests. Unfortunately we do not have a pool, however I hope you had the opportunity of using the spa facilities during your stay. I do hope that we can welcome you back again very soon.

Reviewed May 10, 2014

This is such an amazing hotel,location,rooms,staff are all first class. We have been a couple of times now however our last trip,last bank holiday weekend was undoubtedly out of this world. I had booked two rooms in the 24hr sale and asked to be upgraded to track facing room as before we had looked out over the 4x4 track. Not only were we upgraded to the front but then ungraded to a panoramic room. This was huge with fantastic views,sitting room/dining room,walk in shower/bath,2 toilets plus an office area within the huge bedroom. It was my husbands birthday this week and I had booked this as a present but this went far and beyond what I expected. Thank you so much,we will definitely be back again plus we will bring the family not only to visit the hotel but also the experiences at Mercedes Benz world.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

We are delighted you had a great birthday weekend and thank you for your lovely comments on the team, we do have a great team here at Brooklands and go out of their way to ensure everyone has a lovely visit, we look forward to welcoming you and your family in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Weybridge
Oatlands Park Hotel
Pennyhill Park, an Exclusive Hotel & Spa
De Vere Wotton House
De Vere Wotton House
#1 of 8 in Dorking

Been to Brooklands Hotel? Share your experiences!