“Great venue, fantastic room and good business facilities”
Review of Brooklands Hotel

Brooklands Hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Weybridge
sheffield
“Great venue, fantastic room and good business facilities”
Reviewed February 27, 2014

Stayed 3 nights on business. Had a suite so could not fault room facilities. Meeting rooms were excellent with good AV facilities and helpful staff(4 out of 5). Restaurant and bar prices were 'spicy' not always relected in speed of service - 1 hour for food in restaurant and 20 minutes for bar service (2 out of 5).

• Stayed February 2014
Marco-Brooklands, General Manager at Brooklands Hotel, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Thank you for your feedback, we will share this with the team, in particular the service in 1907 and bar as I can assure you this is not our normal level of service we receive and please be assured we will review and address this. When setting our Food and Beverage prices we do take into consideration similar properties in the area and I am sorry that you found these to be expensive. I am pleased overall you enjoyed our facilities for your meeting and I hope we can welcome you back again very soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (693)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Harrogate, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 25, 2014

We had to go to a wedding at the museum so decided to stay at the hotel overnight. We asked for and got a twin room. It was well appointed, clean and very comfortable. The shower was excellent and we were very pleased with our choice. On our way home I realised that I had left my ipad mini charger in the room (as you do). I rang the hotel, they looked for it, found it and rang back by return , They offered to send it to me for £2.50. It arrived the next day. Excellent service. If we were in the area again would definitely stay there.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
I am pleased you had a great stay and that the team managed to send your lost property back for you. If you are in the area we look forward to welcoming you back again.
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 25, 2014

The hotel is clean, smart and well decorated. The staff pleasant and efficient. The beds are of good standard. The food is good and well priced. However, a hotel is only as good as the night's sleep. Unfortunately, having paid for an executive king with lounge on the 4th floor our nights sleep was disturbed firstly by the loud noises made by the air conditioning and then the ventilation fans on the roof. At one point we moved with duvet to sleep in the lounge. We have mentioned to the staff and they said they were aware of the problem. For this reason alone I would not recommend sleeping on the 4th and most expensive floor, this was for my 50th but I was glad to get home and sleep, I expect better for this price.

Room Tip: dont sleep on the 4th floor as the fans on the roof and air conditioning are too loud.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback and I am pleased you enjoyed the hotel, however disappointed that your nights sleep was disturbed by noise from the air conditioning and possibly the roof area. We will bring this to the attention of our air conditioning company to look into as you certainly should not have been disturbed to that level and this level of noise from the roof is not something we have experienced before, please be assured we will look into this today and thank you for bringing this to our attention. I do hope despite this problem we can welcome you back again in the future and please contact me direct when you have booked.
Woking, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 24, 2014

I booked a spa experience, having been giving a voucher for £200, so the men's worked out at £180 but no change and no offer of using the remaining credit towards another purchase, so lost out!
The facility is great, some communication beforehand to let you know what is available would help, so missed out on the hot tub.
That said, I had a good visit, really good therapist to look after me and a nice lunch. I have been trying to book for ages but the spa has been full of Groupon specials, so 'full fare' clients are left to wait.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Steve F
Thank you for your feedback and I am pleased you enjoyed your visit to the Spa overall. unfortunately we are unable to give change on gift vouchers however the remainder can be used to purchase products from the Clarins and Lubatti range available in the spa, however I will highlight your comments to the team to ensure this suggested to all of our gift voucher guests as is our standard. We do offer to show our guests the facilities when they arrive and all of our facilities are available on our website for guests to peruse prior to arrival. The Spa is very busy with guests who have purchased gift vouchers like yourself from our website also special promotions we run along with our hotel residents, therefore we do recommend you book a few weeks in advance to ensure that you get the day you require and to save disappointment as our spa has become very popular. I do hope that we can welcome you back again to Brooklands Hotel very soon.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Absolutely fantastic. Staff friendly and helpful, cleaniness amazing and food divine, would recommend trying the spa facilities as well a most delightful experience.We will be recommending this hotel to friends and family.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
We are so pleased you had a great stay and we look forward to welcoming you back. Thank you for recommending us.
Ireland
Reviewed February 23, 2014

We were really impressed with the elegance and luxury of the rooms in this hotel, and the luxury feel. We had breakfast in our deal; it was a full buffet and was high quality. The staff were very friendly and helpful. You could really relax and feel special in those rooms!
I had only one issue; I chose to pay the full amount for our one night stay in cash, and not by card, on arrival, but had to part with £50 per room (we had two booked) deposit for "additional charges that might arise", which cleared my wallet of my spare cash.
That a cash deposit would be required when not using a card was clearly stated by the hotel in my confirmation e-mail, but I confess I neglected to read it thoroughly.
The result was a bit of a shock, and an embarrassing moment at the check-in desk as I emptied my wallet (and had to borrow off one of my kids) to pay the cash deposit.
I of course had to then visit an ATM (there is one in MB world, or one 10 mins away in Tesco).
There were no extras, but the cash was not refunded directly at the end of our visit, but was returned electronically into our account, and we were told the return transaction would take a couple of days.
I found this whole process inconvenient, and a bit off-putting. Having said that I intend to return to this fabulous hotel; I will just organise things better next time.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Marco-Brooklands, General Manager at Brooklands Hotel, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Thank you for your feedback and we are delighted that you enjoyed the facilities on offer. We do request a deposit of £50 per room per night for any extras that may occur, this enables you to charge drinks, food, movies etc to your room, however as some guests do not always use this it is easier if this is done via card as this can then be cancelled at the end of your stay. It is quite unusual for this to be paid by cash and I am sorry if this caused you an inconvenience. I do hope that we can welcome you and your family back again very soon and I am pleased you found our rooms lovely and relaxing.
Alverstoke, Hampshire, UK
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Lovely modern hotel in Weybridge, booked on a spur of the moment Groupon package. Arrived quite late in the afternoon and greeted by very helpful and polite reception staff who informed us we only had a few minutes to take advantage of our complimentary Tapas and Cocktail.
That was very nice and the bar is very chic and modern with very attentive staff. We didn't stay as we wanted to use the hot tub!
The Spa is quite limited though and is more treatment centric. There is a nice hot tub in the open air out on the veranda - recommended time limit is 10 minutes but as it was not busy, we spent a good half hour in there. We also booked (free) the heated waterbeds but didn't find them particularly special. It's a shame they did not build in a pool when the hotel was built, it would have complimented the other facilities very well. Also, the sauna and steam rooms are single sex in the relevant changing rooms - it would have been nice to be able to share with wife/husband/partner.
We didn't eat dinner but the restaurant did look nice (it looks quite expensive, but I suspect it would be worth it). Breakfast was wonderful, and probably the best hotel breakfast we have ever had. Everything fresh, plenty of choice and very friendly and helpful waiting staff.
The room itself (408) had a nice veranda and overlooked the Mercedes World tracks. If you do stay, worth trying to get a room on that side of the building - looking south. The TV remote did not work, but as soon as I phoned to report it, one of the duty staff was there to replace it. The only bad thing for us was the bed - extremely soft but I guess they can't cater for everyone's tastes in firmness!
A good stay and a great bargain via Groupon - that said, we would probably pay full rack rate if we were up that way again and looking for a hotel.

Room Tip: South side rooms on the 4th floor are very nice.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your lovely feedback. unfortunately when the hotel was built a pool was applied for but declined by the local council, but I am pleased you enjoyed some time in the hot tub. I do hope that we can welcome you back again when you are next in the are.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Weybridge
Oatlands Park Hotel
Hilton Cobham
Hilton Cobham
#4 of 4 in Cobham
Savill Court Hotel & Spa

Been to Brooklands Hotel? Share your experiences!