Brooklands Hotel
$85
$94
$148
  • Breakfast included
The Warren Lodge Hotel(Shepperton)(Great Value!)
$65
$63
The Anchor Hotel(Shepperton)(Great Value!)
$63
Travelodge
$83
$69
2,824 results
All reviewsmercedes benz worldrace trackhot tubgroupon dealafternoon teatrack facingskid panmeditation roomglass of proseccocream teadriving experiencemercedes trackspa facilitiessconesmodern hotelwalk in showerrain shower
Reviewed May 8, 2012

I'm not one to write reviews but thought it was only fair as I liked reading everyone else's reviews, I booked the Afternoon Tea deal with Groupon.. To start with the look of the Hotel and the Reception area was lovely.Very Impressive..

Word of warning.have your Groupon paperwork/comfirmation with you, I didnt think I needed it as The hotel Email people directly to ask do you want to book dinner/spa etc - so I knew they had my details, the Reception wouldnt let us book in until I emailed them the confirmation throu, so I had to go to their computer to do this.This annoyed me. so be prepared!

We arrived early around 12Noon and they said our room was ready, We went to the room and it was opposite a building site and was a Twin room..

I was extremley upset about this as Id booked this months in advance and spoke to the hotel asking for a room front wards facing the track- and Emailed.

After going back to reception, they said they will change us to another room* So panic over*
We went for a walk over to Mercedez Benz World, I thought I would not like it there but it was really enjoyable!

Then we went back to hotel and the staff had put our luggage into our new room & I have to say.. It was a Beautiful room, Wonderful Views , Fantastic huge bed - Massive TV and the Bathroom was amazing, They even had a heated mirror that didnt get steamed up after using the shower, the Bathrobes where also a nice touch,

We took a taxi into Weybridge town for dinner and drinks. We ended up back into the hotel bar,It was pricy for drinks but really nice.with friendly staff- especially Giuseppe, what excellent customer service skills he had.

Breakfast was Amazing!!!

Check out was Fast,
Overall a good stay, Would I go back. Yes we would.

1  Thank CollBell1981
Marco-Brooklands, General Manager at Brooklands Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2012

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the team looked after you well. I am sorry that there was a confusion on arrival, although as a hotel we do have your details we do need the Groupon voucher to be presented to reception when checking in, We do take guests requests into consideration when allocating the rooms but cannot guarantee the availability unless this has been pre booked and the supplement paid, I am pleased however we were able to move your room for you on this occaision. We are delighted that Giuseppe looked after you well and that you enjoyed breakfast, we hope we can welcome you back again very soon.

Reviewed May 8, 2012

I would 110% recommend this hotel; the whole stay was amazing!

From Check in to Check out we were treated like royalty.....and with a day Mercedes-Benz World; it was the perfect birthday treat.

Room 226 is the best!

Room Tip: 226......amazing views of the track at Mercedes-Benz World
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple

We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay and that the team looked after you well. I hope you had a great birthday and hope to see you back again soon.

Reviewed May 6, 2012

Travelled with a group of colleagues on business. This rooms were just OK - the beds were very soft and consisted of two singles pushed together to make a double bed. Pretty uncomfortable. The restaurant was just awful - had the lamb chops which were cooked way past well done. I would have sent them back if it wasn't for the fact that I had to wait nearly 2 hours.

Breakfast buffet was OK - but there seemed to always be a dish (eggs, sausages, bacon etc) that was empty and never refreshed. The housekeeping was spotty - sometimes they replaced the soap, sometime not. Other problems too, like noisy air conditioner and the hotel shuttle ran some very odd hours (i.e. morning and early afternoon only, but not Friday afternoon and not on weekends)

The wireless internet was fine about 7mb/sec, but there's no suitable place to sit with colleagues for a few hours and do business.

All things considered, this is a poor choice of hotels for the business traveller. I really can't see how the 5 star reviewers can be serious - it is a really average hotel - particularly for the top dollar they charge.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Marco-Brooklands, General Manager at Brooklands Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2012

Thank you for your comments following on from your recent stay and I am sorry that as a hotel we did not meet your expectations. I will share your comments with the team. The beds in place here at the hotel are the zip and link variarty that is now present in amny new hotels around the world, this enables flexibility on rooms types for passenegers requiring a twin or a double set up. The shuttle bus is in place to facilitate the local businesses situated at the Heights and surrounding area during the working week, hence it is only available during drop off and pick up within working times, taxis are available to book for guests who require transport out of these hours and we do have a great working relationship with Brooklands Executive Cars. As a hotel we do have a number of meeting rooms that can be booked if you wish to do private business with colleagues alternatively we do have the business lounge which is free to use adjoining reception. I will speak with the kitchen in regards to breakfast and dinner and also our Head housekeeper in regards to our room standards. Thankyou for your comments again and I hope that you will try us again in the future.

Reviewed May 6, 2012

5 friends and myself made a visit to Brooklands using a Groupon voucher, for 5 of us it was a return visit for 1 their first time. I have to say as per our previous visit the welcome at Reception, dinner in the restaurant, hotel room, spa and treatments breakfast etc were all of the highest standard. However as per the previous visit the afternoon tea part of the weekend in the bar area was again let down by the service received. On our last visit the bar was particularly busy and there was a very large hen party being catered for. No excuse for the wait we had and less than comfortable seating but as the place was so busy to some extent understandable. However on this visit I feel there was no excuse as the bar was no means over busy and the service I feel inexcusable particularly in a hotel of this calibre.
We found a table large enough for 6 to sit around (although would point out ideally it would be nice to have some tables in the bar at a height that you could actually eat your food from so you didn’t have to balance the plates on your lap?)
We assumed that the table must have only been recently vacated as the debris and plates from the previous occupants were still on the table. Fairly quickly a young girl came to our table and took our afternoon tea vouchers and started to take the plates away etc. We waited a little while I suppose before the tea was delivered but as we were chatting about the weekend that was not a problem. However unbelievably the waiter proceeded to set up our afternoon tea things on the table, which still hadn’t been cleaned. It was still covered in crumbs and a spillage of some kind. It was only when we said we would like the table cleaned first that he began to gather back up the plates. To be fair the manager then came over apologising and proceeded to clean the table himself. The afternoon tea itself was very nice but when we were nearly finished the same waiter then came over to clear some of the plates we had finished with away. Accidentally while doing this he managed to knock one of my friends glass of prosecco over. He did apologise and did go and get a cloth to wipe up the mess but there was no offer of a replacement considering the glass was still more than ¾ full. As it was if the offer had been made she would probably have declined as she was going to be driving later that night and was why she had only had a few sips but he did not know that.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a nice relaxed stay but have to say for us now on two occasions the service in the bar regarding the afternoon tea has let the hotel down.. Even the local market corner café staff are aware to ensure tables are kept clean between customers it certainly amazes me that for a hotel of this standard that guests should even have to point something as basic as this out to staff.. Also the hotel needs to be aware that for some visitors, especially those visiting Mercedes Benz or the museum the bar or afternoon tea service is possibly the only aspect of the hotel they get to see. On our 2 visits if that is the only aspect we had experienced we wouldn’t be returning or recommending.
Having said this it would be a shame that this one aspect puts off future visitors. The hotel itself is fantastic and the quality and service in every other aspect is great. If you get the chance to experience a stay using a groupon voucher it is certainly value for money although on speaking to a few other guests at the hotel , Groupon or Brooklands do need to clarify a few discrepancies in their offers particularly in respect of the paperwork issued as it states afternoon tea is included when in fact it is a cream tea. Also there is a discrepancy regarding the checkout time between 12 noon and 2pm.
All in all the rooms are great and to the highest standard and if the bar service can be improved it would get top marks

Room Tip: When booking request room with a view of trackside.As soon as you know when you are staying book your spa treatments to avois disappointment.If you're staying on a Groupon deal keep copies of the offer so if you do find any discrepencies in your paperwork and what you are beong offered you have something to show.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends

Thankyou for your feedback and I am delighted that you were able to enjoy one of our Groupon Offers, in regards to the package the offer does state Afternoon Cream Team with Prosecco not full afternoon tea I am sorry if you felt this was not made clear. I agree that the service in the bar was not to the standard you would expect and please be assured we will share your feedback with the bar team and ensure that these shortfalls are adressed and I do aplogise that a glass of prosecco was spilt and not replaced. I am pleased you enjoyed the rooms and if yourself or future guests wish to guarantee a front facing room this can be done prior to booking for a small supplement. I hope that we can welcome you back again very soon.

Reviewed May 6, 2012

Took my Husband for his Birthday and the reservation team were great in organising an upgrade to a room with a balcony over looking the track which was fantastic...thank you . Afternoon tea was delicious and beautifully served. We made use of the steam & sauna rooms and then the hot tub which is really hot so allow yourself time to cool down from steam rooms before using.We ate in the dining room which on the whole was a good although my fish was a bit bland, but on the plus side my husbands duck starter was a hugh hit. We felt would have been nice if the view of the car park could be screened from the restaurant.Immaculate hotel with no expense having been spared and great staff, ideal for visits to Mercedes World ( great visit and all free ) also the Brooklands Museum.

Room Tip: rooms at the front have views over the track
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple

We are delighted that you had a great stay with us and enjoyed all of the facilities on offer, I will share all of your comments with the team as they will be delighted that you enjoyed the service they offered, Hope we can welcome you back again very soon.