2,913 results
All reviewsmercedes worldrace trackhot tubgroupon dealafternoon teatrack facingskid panmeditation roomglass of proseccocream teadriving experiencemercedes trackspa facilitiessconesmodern hotelmb worldrain shower
Reviewed March 26, 2012

Got a fantastic deal with Groupon voucher so booked for a party of 6 people. On check in, we found the receptionist's attitude and her approach to us to be completely unprofessional, rude and definitely not very welcoming, and as far as customer service and first impressions are concerned, we were definitely not impressed.

We would definitely recommend the restaurant as the food and staff was definitely 5 star. We did have to wait a while for our meals but the staff did apologise to us and also kept us informed which was really appreciated and the food was delicious when it arrived - thank you.

We each had a massage which was supposed to last 30 minutes but was more close to 25 minutes, although the massage itself was was very good. There was no pool which was disappointing, and whilst the hot tub was realy good you can only stay in there for 10 minutes and you have to keep pressing the button every minute and a half to get it going.

The rooms were nice especially the bathroom, although the wardrobe was on the small side and not ideal if staying longer than 1 or 2 nights as not enough space to hang clothes, especially if you are sharing a room. As for the view, extremely disappointing as our view was of a working building site which also meant that we were restricted as to how much we could open our curtains which you will see from the photos.

Overall, we were pleased with our choice of hotel but sadly, did not feel that this hotel lived up to its reputation.

Room Tip: Check which side of the hotel has building works when checking in and ask for a room on the opposite side. Also book restaurant when checking in if intending to eat there as gets fully booked quite early on.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Marco-Brooklands, General Manager at Brooklands Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2012

Thank you for your feedback and I am sorry that during your stay we let you down in our hospitality and service in some areas of the hotel. My reception team are very dissapointed in the way they have come accross and this was certainly not their intention. I am pleased you enjoyed the food and your room and we will share this with the housekeeping and restaurant team. In regards to your 30 minute treatments, the 30 minutes includes preparing yourself for the treatment once in the room and getting dressed at the end, with the hands on time being around 25 minutes as you experienced. I am pleased you enjoyed the hot tub and sorry that you expected a pool as we do not advertise this facilitiy. The building work currently taking place on the adjoining site takes place only during office hours in the week and we are working closely with them to ensure that no disturbance is caused to our guests. I do hope that we can have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed March 26, 2012

We were pleasantly surprised at the quality and service at this hotel. It is in the middle of nowhere in some respects however it makes up for it by the quality. It was a lovely night's stay and with the race track for the boys and the spa for the girls....perfect!!!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Marco-Brooklands, General Manager at Brooklands Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2012

we are delighted that you had a great time with us and enjoyed the hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed March 25, 2012

Very nice property & rooms, only for people who are really into cars though as it's directly opposite Mercedes Benz World & you can see & hear cars all day. This is why I picked it but it's not a tranquil quiet place. Quality of food excellent but a few issues:

* Room wasn't made up properly when we were out for the day & staff said 'they hadn't wanted to move our clothes - this is one of the luxuries of staying in a hotel, having your room done nicely for you & it was annoying that it hadn't been done

* The service in the restaurant was not good - inattentive, very long waits, things forgotten like drinks, lack of knowledge on how to use vouchers from the website etc. Food was delicious when it came & service was very polite but a bit chaotic and not what you expect at a hotel of this type - we had finished our breakfast by the time our tea came & the restaurant in the evening was stifflingly hot

To be honest the service in the restaurant is what really let the place down more than anything & this was repeated over 3 visits there during a 2 night stay. We would have gone elsewhere but there isn't anywhere nearby.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the track - as those at the back face a construction site
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for choosing to stay at Brooklands Hotel and I am delighted that overall you enjoyed the facilities on offer. I am sorry that there was some confusion in the making of your bed due to a number of clothes being on top, I have spoken with the maid responsible to ensure that the bed is fully made and clothes tidied according to our standard as you can appreciate we will only tidy guests personal items to a certain degree and I am sorry this was overlooked.I have shared your dining comments with the team and I am sorry this did not run as smoothly as it should have. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed March 23, 2012

My wife and I had a day spa experience which left a lot I be desired. Our treatments had been pre planned for the morning and afternoon but the hotel mover them to 11,30 and 12,30 - which was too close together for our liking.

Check in was a shambles - no record of our booking.

The hot tub is useless - you need to press the button ever 85 seconds to get bubbles.

The shower area doesn't have a swimming costume dryer or wet bags.

I had a Pear and cheese salad - it was so small (£14) that I had to ask for a basket of bread afterwards.

The view from the relaxation rooms was obstructed by the lid for the hot tub and a bunch of lounges ties together with rope.

I wouldn't go back.

• Stayed: March 2012

Thank you for your feedback and I am sorry that you were dissapointed with your spa visit. It is never our intention to dissapoint our guests and I am sorry that we had to make some changes to your booking times. I will share your comments with team to ensure that any shortfalls are adressed.

Reviewed March 23, 2012

I first visited Brooklands Spa on a Travelzoo voucher which admittedly seemed fantastc value. First impressions were great-the hotel is modern and clean. The spa, although small was a lovely venue for a relaxing day and a catch up with the girls. However I had a negative experience with one of the therapists who repeatedly made inappropriate comments -which I won't go into on here. I followed this up with the Spa manager who was very apologetic and she kindly offered for me to return to the Spa with their compliments-'this time to fully relax and enjoy Brooklands Spa'. Having booked an appointment through the Spa Manager I was horrified to see that the same therapist was working that day -how was that going to be relaxing?!! I found this wholly insensitive and fully dismissive of the experience I had had and made me wonder if the Manager had addressed the issue at all. Having worked in Customer Service, I know good and bad service when I see it. When somebody returns following a poor experience, you should be falling over yourself to redeem the reputation of the business. Instead I was left feeling worse after the second experience than I was after the first. On a positive note, I had an amazing back/neck/shoulder massage with Wendy - but I will not be returning.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends

We are pleased that you took us up on our offer to return to Brooklands Hotel and Spa following your dissapointing first visit. Please be assured following your comments on your last visit the member of my team you refered to was appropriatly dealt with and your feedback discussed at length with him. As a hotel we do take things such as this seriously and this member of the team was apologetic of how he came across. He is one of our full time therapists and is on duty each day, I am pleased that you enjoyed your massage with Wendy and I will pass your feedback onto her.