2,921 results
All reviewsmercedes worldrace trackhot tubgroupon dealafternoon teatrack facingskid panmeditation roomglass of proseccocream teadriving experiencemercedes trackspa facilitiessconesmodern hotelmb worldrain shower
Reviewed February 20, 2012

We went to the Brooklands hotel for dinner to celebrate a birthday. The hotel itself is modern and didn't appear to be too busy.
We were shown to the restaurant by helpful, friendly staff. The menu looked great, but unfortunately the food did not live up to expectations.
Overall we had a good evening but left feeling slightly disappointed.

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank emmylouLondon
Marco-Brooklands, General Manager at Brooklands Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2012

Thank you for your feedback and I am pleased that you enjoyed your evening but sorry that you were dissapointed with dinner at the hotel, we would be happy to look into your comments further if you would like to contact the hotel direct.

Reviewed February 20, 2012

We stayed at this hotel just for the night as i got a deal on groupon...and it was amazing, the service was great, staff were very friendly, helpful and polite. The room was lovly overlooking the mercedes benz world and the track which was nice. When i first arived i saw lots of construction work going on next door to brooklands and was put off by this but as soon as i got into the hotel i didnt even notice that is was going on, no disturbance!..we had treatments booked at the spa which were lovly so relaxing and nice the atmosphere was superb. We had dinner at the restaurant which was lovly although a bit pricey but worth it. Would be better if they had more variety on the menu though!...This was a lovly break and i throughly enjoyed it and i would definately come back here again!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank pav08

We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were able to enjoy one of our Groupon offers. I have shared your comments with the team in particular the head chef in regards to the variaty of the menu, as a hotel we have worked on developing a menu to suit all tatstes alongside offering bar and room service items. I do hope that we can welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed February 20, 2012

My friend and I stayed overnight on fri 17th Feb and checked out sat 18th Feb.We couldny have asked for more!The staff were friendly and attentiv,the room was first class,the spa was chilled and relaxing,and the food was superb!One of the best.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
Marco-Brooklands, General Manager at Brooklands Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2012

Thank you fro your great feedback we are delighted you enjoyed the hotel and hope to welcome you back again very soon.

Reviewed February 20, 2012

Stayed on a black card freebie 12th Feb. Checked in by unsmiling receptionist, no welcome hello, do you need help with luggage, enjoy your stay etc etc, the standard level of enquiries we are used to. Room on 2nd floor, corridors littered with room service trays and room cleaning trolleys even though check in is at 3pm and this was after 3. Room modern & clean & had a charming view of a large muddy building site with many a digger which promised an unwanted wake up call in the morning. One bathrobe and slippers left on bed, called reception to inform but phone kept getting cut off. Our receptionist visited and promised robe with the room service team at 5pm. Half hour later room service called with a towel. We went down for dinner and told reception staff again. Our lonely robe & slippers were eventually reunited with their friends later that evening. Had a pre dinner cocktail in a busy bar with large party of kids & noisy parents, cocktail took the edge off but it was relief to get away into the calm restaurant. Husband asked what cut the "Onglet" steak was, to be told it is leg of steak(?) Still none the wiser but my aunt who lives in France is going to let us know.... Staff very attentive, the restaurant was full but service was quick & any requests dealt with efficiently. Food was very good although steak was overpriced for the cut.
Decent night's kip in large comfy bed and the expected "Digger dawn chorus" wasn't so bad, the double glazing was good quality!
Breakfast service runs to a civilised 10am finish but at 9.40 there was virtually no hot food left in the buffet area and people were millling aimlessly around just waiting. No bowls, glasses, juice and only one ordinary toaster for 50 odd people. We were shown to a table that was already occupied and our second table had been given to another couple who were trying to get a hot breakfast, only to return to find us in residence. Staff pleasant but hopelessly disorganised. Background music ghastly, too loud and intrusive.
Off to the spa. This was very sad. A timber hot tub on the balcony which was big enough for 4 people only. Water grey & greasy looking. Buttons to press for jets to work which lasted a minute at most, having to keep pressing proved not the relaxing time that was being sought. Relaxation room had about 8 loungers in and if they were occupied there was one more (small) room which you could try to get your head down. Apart from this the sauna & steam room were in the changing rooms, very ordinary and no use if you visited as a couple. The main services on offer were geared to beauty and therapy treatments, which I'm sure were fine but these & a few other facilities don't constitute a spa. Take a look at Nirvana Spa in Sindlesham for an exceptional spa experience.
On the whole a very average stay, I'm glad it was a freebie.

Room Tip: Choose the front of hotel if you don't want a view of a building site.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Terry L

Thank you for your feedback following on from your Black Card Complimentray stay and I am sorry that you did not enjoy your visit and the facilities on offer. As a hotel we do take all feedback given seriously and work towards improving the service and hospitality offered to our guests by my team. I will certainly feedback your comments to the reception and housekeeping team to ensure our standards remain high at all times. Currently we do have building work taking place adjacent to the hotel and as two companys we are working together to ensure that minimal disturbance occurs to our guests and subsiquently they do not work at the weekends and only work between 8am - 6pm during the week. Our double glazing also is more than adequate to close out noise from outside. I am pleased you enjoyed dinner and to let you know that the onglet steak is a muscle and is best cooked rare and is a very flavoursome meat. I am sorry you were dissapointed with the spa as we have had many great comments about the facilities and treatments on offer and guests have returned time after time. Thank you for your comments and I hope that we can welcome you back again very soon.

Reviewed February 20, 2012

We stayed at the Brooklands on business for one night. I run a company with my husband and on the rare occasions we get away together, we like to stay somewhere with a bit of luxury to take advantage of having no children with us.
The check in was smooth and the girl on reception was very helpful, the room was really clean and contemporary, but had a really cosy with fabulous large bathroom (bath and seperate shower).
We decided to go downstairs for a few drinks and we sat at the bar chatting to the staff, they were really friendly. The drinks were what you would expect from a hotel in Surrey, I opted for a bottle of wine for £19 rather than paying per glass and the hubby had a couple of pints of lager at about £5 a pint.

The big disappointment was the meal. We had the scallop starter which was pretty average and cold. My main course was a steak and although I like my steak rare, I wasn't asked how I would like it and it was served blue. It was also served with a basket of freezing cold fries and a pointless raw garlic bulb that was sat on the side. My husband opted for the burger - again it was very average with not much thought for presentation.

The restaurant was very busy and I don't know if this was the reason for the disappointing service and food. We didn't pre order breakfast as we usually eat in the hotel the night before to decide. As a result we didn't opt for the breakfast and went out instead.

We would definately stay at the hotel again next time we are in the area on business, however, we will be eating out.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Marco-Brooklands, General Manager at Brooklands Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2012

Thank you for your comments and we are pleased that you enjoyed the facilities of the hotel. I will share your comments on dinner with the Head Chef and I am sorry that on this occaison you were dissapointed with dinner. We do take all feedback serioulsy and we will review your comments in detail and ensure corrective measuers are put in place. I do hope that despite this shortfall you will return and stay with us again.