“Fabulous spa hotel”
Review of Brooklands Hotel

Brooklands Hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Weybridge
Reviewed November 14, 2011

My husband and I stayed at Brooklands Hotel on a Groupon deal for the weekend and it was wonderful. The hotel itself is stunning, all very polished and pristine. The food was fantastic and the service was efficient and friendly. We will go back!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Marco-Brooklands, General Manager at Brooklands Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2011

We are pleased you a great stay with us and that you enjoyed the hotel and the service on offer. I hope we can welcome you both back again very soon.

Reviewed November 14, 2011

We had a great stay at the Brooklands Hotel. We thought the rooms were spacious and clean. The staff were friendly and very helpful. We enjoyed the hot tub, and spa. The dinner was great, and seemed to have something for everyone, and the staff in the dining room were very pleasent. We all want to go back again next year.

Room Tip: We loved looking out at the Mercedes skid pan.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends

We are sopleased that you enjoyed the hotel and facilities in particular the spa and dinner. The team are delighted you enjoyed the service and we hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed November 8, 2011

Visited Brooklands hotel spa today with my auntie, we had been looking forward to it for ages and got a good deal through Travelzoo which included lunch and 30 min treatment.

We arrived at the spa and it looked lovely, we asked one of the staff members if there was any room for more treatments today which she replied "yes more than likely".

We got changed into our slippers and robes and walked through the spa, the hot tub was out of order, the steam room wasnt working, the sauna was waaaay too hot (I use one at my own gym often) and there was NO swimming pool!! What spa has no pool?

Very dissapointed with this spa, I asked for a hot chocolate and was told they didnt have any which I replied its on the drinks menu, the lady told me that she could try and get one from downstairs but it may take a while.

As we couldnt do anything apart from lay on the relaxation beds we decided to ask if we could extend our treatment from 30 mins to 60 mins but was then told they dont have any space!

Very upset with the day.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank Ms-Anonymous1
Marco-Brooklands, General Manager at Brooklands Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to feedback your comments to us, I am dissapointed however that following your personal email to me on the same day I was not offered the opportunity to reply or discuss your experience with you before your further comments made on trip advisor. As you can see from our records we do take and action all feedback given serioulsy as we feel that as a business it helps us to review and improve any shortfalls that occur making our guest experiences enjoyable going forward. Howeber there are a couple of points from your comments that I do disagree with after speaking with the team on duty. I am pleased you were able to enjoy one of our travel zoo offers and I can only apologise that the hot tub was in fact out of use, which was out of our controle but the team are working to make this back in action as soon as possible. Nowhere on our promotions or website do we say that there is a swimming pool at the hotel and many fabulous spas around the country dont have ths facility but still offer a great place to relax and offer superb treatments. Our therapists mentioned that there were other spaces available for treatments through the day, however this did not necessarily mean that the time slots were next door to the treatment times you had booked. I do know that once our therapist , after speaking with you found that you were in the same business I believe that she did go out of her way to extend your treatment for longer than the booked time. I am sorry we ran out of hot chocolate in the spa but I do know the girls offered to get some from the main hotel but pointed out this would take a few minutes. We can learn from some of the points made and will ensure our clear communication to our guests on treatment availbaility and the preperation of food and beverage items are all in place but as a hotel we aim to provide a relaxing and enjoyable experience, I am sorry that you were dissapointed.

Reviewed November 8, 2011

Booked an Executive room for my Wife's Birthday. Ordered flowers and chocolate covered strawberries to be waiting for her in the room when we arrived. Flowers were there but no strawberries so I called down to reception and was assured that room service would bring them up. Waited around forty five minutes and went down to reception to cancel them as the moment had gone and they refunded my money. Had a table booked for dinner for eight thirty and we were seated next to a quite noisy and crowded table, but to be fair the waiters did move us to a much better table and were very polite and helpful. I ordered a starter but Michelle did not so we ordered our mains. I finished my starter at about five past nine and then they seemed to forget about us. People were coming in, ordrering a meal, finishing and leaving and we were still waiting for our mains. Bearing in mind the restaraunt closes at ten I evetually had to go and ask where our meals were at a quarter to ten, then they went and got them. They did give us complimentry drinks but it was little compensation for almost spoiling what should have been a lovely meal experiance for my Wife and myself. We have been assured that the Manager will email me but as of yet nothing. Shame really as the room and food are first class. We stayed there on Friday fourth til Saturday fifth of November 2011.

Room Tip: Book at least two weeks in advance for a 10% discount. Pay a bit more for Executive and request a fr...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us here at Brooklands Hotel for your partners birthday and I am pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay with us.I can assure you that we do take all feedback given constructively and use this to review our product, re train where necessary and make any changes that are required to ensure that we are always providing the level of service and hospitality we are striving towards whilst ensuring guest satisfaction. We were in receipt of your feedback during your stay and fully investigate the comments made with my management team over 48hours and reply to all of our guests as you can see from the replies on trip advisor. we have today replied to you directly.
I am sorry that your pre ordered strawberries were not in place in your room as requested prior to your arrival and that you experienced a delay in the serving of your main course during dinner. I have spoken at length with our food and beverage team who personally apologise and they will make sure that all pre ordered room requests are undertaken in a timely fashion to save disappointment. We do get many requests for extras to be placed in the rooms and overall these do reach the room in time prior to guest’s arrival but on occasions due to the timing of the rooms becoming available this can cause a delay. We will certainly look at how we can improve this going forward.

Our team at dinner would also like to apologise for the delay experienced, we are in a people industry and from time to time things do go wrong, however we will analyse the service experienced by yourself that evening and re training will take place to eliminate this shortfall going forward. I am pleased that you were offered a drink at the time as a gesture of goodwill and I hope you both enjoyed the rest of your evening.

Reviewed November 7, 2011

Total satisfaction with every aspect of her stay - room, bar, breakfast, atmosphere. A very discerning lady with high standards who said it could not be faulted!! She will be back with my Dad in two weeks time, so good was it. My husband and I eat in the restaurant pretty regularly and have always had a super meal. What an asset to the area.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for your great feedback, we are delighted that you all enjoy using the hotel and we will be delighted to welcome you all back to use the facilities again in the future.

Reviewed November 7, 2011

My daughter bought a Spa day package for me (and her!) as a thank you for helping her with her recent wedding. We arrived at the hotel about 10.00 a.m. and were immediately offered a variety of soft drinks. We completed a form for our lunch and were whisked off to the changing facilities. Lovely fluffy robes and slippers (and when my robe got damp it was immediately changed for a clean dry one)

We had treatments throughout the day and in between each treatment we were shown to one of the various "quiet" rooms to relax. One relaxing room had four water beds, soft music and soft lights changing colour.

We were collected from each room by our therapist for our next treatment and were completely pampered.

Lunch was lovely - my daughter had fish cakes followed by a panna cotta and I had a delicious chicken caesar salad. We treated ourselves to a glass of prosecco during lunch.

Our treatments included a mud wrap, a full body massage, a facial, pedicure and manicure and by the time we had finished I was feeling wonderfully relaxed.

We then dressed ourselves up and met up with some friends in the restaurant for dinner that evening. Another lovely experience and the staff couldn't do enough for us

Thank you Brooklands Hotel - having now read the reviews from people who have stayed at the hotel I will definitely be staying overnight next time I am in the area

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Marco-Brooklands, General Manager at Brooklands Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2011

We are so delighted that you had such a relaxing day after such a busy time organising a wedding. My team in the spa enjoy making everyones stay an enjoyable one and I am pelased this was demonstarted to you throughout your visit. We look forward to welcoming you back again and hope you continue to use and enjoy the Brooklands Hotel facilities.

Reviewed November 7, 2011

Stunning hotel and a warm welcome in every sense but how any developer can build such an amazing place yet not include even a token swimming pool is beyond me. My friend and I visited on a Groupon spa trip voucher. Through bad planning on our part we missed out on treatments but planned to enjoy a few lazy splashes in the pool instead. Alas, no pool, just a rather univiting hot tub. The sauna and steam room were good though and the spa area, including mediation room, was really lovely.

Having looked out over the Mercedes-Benz World driving track for 24 hours we decided to go and take a spin. It would be good marketing for the hotel to have a link-up with the track experience people to give guests at the hotel a discount if they book a track session.

I would definitely stay there again; I just know not to expect a pool next time - and will book early for the spa treatments!

Room Tip: Ask for a race track view
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Michelle200
Marco-Brooklands, General Manager at Brooklands Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2011

Thank you for your feedback and we are pleased you were able to enjoy one of our Groupon special offers. I am sorry you were dissapointed that we have no pool, this is something that was scheduled at planning stage but planning permission was not granted. All of our facilities are outlined on our website and we do recommend that at weekend especially that you book treatments in advance to save dissapointment as we do get very busy. I am pleased you were able to enjoy a driving experience at MBW and on our website we do have packages on offer that include the driving experiences along with facilities of the hotel and perhaps you could enjoy one of these on your next visit.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Weybridge
Oatlands Park Hotel
Great Fosters
#1 of 3 in Egham
Pennyhill Park, an Exclusive Hotel & Spa
Alexander House Hotel & Utopia Spa

Been to Brooklands Hotel? Share your experiences!