“Lovely hotel!”
Review of Brooklands Hotel

Brooklands Hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Weybridge
Reviewed November 5, 2011

My husband and I stayed here because we were attending a wedding near Chertsey. The room was large, king size bed with nice bedding. We each had a robe and slippers. The bathroom had a shower with a rain head shower head which was really nice. The hotel has a spa but we did not use it. Breakfast was 10 quid/ day and had a lot of variety with fresh squeezed juices. There was a hotel shuttle that ran certain times to the Weybridge train station and a bus that went to the Weybridge station as well for L1.50. The only drawback was getting to the train (National Rail) into London was not convenient. Otherwise wonderfully pleasant stay.

• Stayed: November 2011
Marco-Brooklands, General Manager at Brooklands Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2011

We are pleased you enjoyed the facilities on offer here at Brooklands Hotel and I hope you had an enjoyable wedding. We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

There are newer reviews for Brooklands Hotel

Reviewed November 5, 2011

Perfect night away. Very romantic, great for couples. Stayed as part of a Groupon deal, £99 bed, beakfast, afternoon tea with prosecco and a discount in the spa. What a BARGAIN ! Had a fabulous room overlooking the track, can only agree with other reviewers fantastic view of the skid pan and the drivers. Room was lovely massive bed, really good quality furniture, TV, fridge with complimentary water and tea and coffee. Lovely big bathroom, very contemporary, large wet room set up, fluffy towels and great toiletries. The hotel is spotless and the service is first class. We we were met with a big smile from the receptionist who was extremely helpful when I could not produce my Groupon voucher. We ate in the bar in the evening, food was great, cocktails etc and very good service. I travel extensively and stay in lots of hotels for business and pleasure and this is definitely 5 star. The breakfast was one of the best I have had, we did not go down until 9.50am so almost the end of service and all of the hot food had just been replenished. There is free Wi Fi and a computer you can use in a nice quiet area with a printer. We also popped over to Mercedes Benz world, well worth a visit. I cannot rate this hotel and the pleasant staff highly enough, I will definitely go back.

Room Tip: Request a room overlooking the track.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Annabelle040

We are delighted you had a great stay and was able to enjoy our Groupon offer. I am pleased the team looked after you well and that you were able to enjoy all of the food and beverage offerings.I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed November 4, 2011

My husband and I stayed here as part of the car and spa package offered by the hotel in conjunction with Mercedes Benz world opposite. The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. The hotel is new and modern but in no way pretentious. The evening meal in the brasserie was very nice. The restaurant was quiet and romantic. The room was really spacious and the bed very comfortable. Our room over looked the race track which was a novelty! Breakfast was great. I had a facial in the spa and it was really relaxing. Only down side is there's no pool here which would be a great added bonus. We were really impressed and would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Get a room overlooking the track - even if you're not a race car fan it's good fun watching...
1  Thank lyndawylie

We are pleased you enjoyed your stay on one of our packages and thank you for your feedback. I have shared your comments with all of the team and I do hope that we can welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed November 4, 2011

I first heard about this hotel due to a Groupon offer I decided to purchase for me & my husband. I booked the hotel for our wedding anniversary early October 2011. The hotel can be a little bit tricky to find using a sat nav, so keep that in mind! However, once we arrived the welcome was very warm.

As you walk into the main reception it is very open & airy. As we arrived at night all the lights were dimmed so the setting was relaxing with the warm welcome from the staff.

The hotel is very well designed , you can pretty much see where you need to go as soon as you walk in. Nice warm colours with a splash of red here & there bring out some vibrancy in the decor.

The room exceeded our expectations - due to the fantastically good value Groupon deal I didn't expect such a large room! The room was perfect & the bathroom was stunning with a large double shower. I loved the special touches in the bathroom, particularly, 1. the mirror - even when you'd had a shower & steamed the room up the centre of the mirror would stay fog free so you don't have to start using towels to wipe it clear to see your reflection! 2. the option to hear what you have on the TV through the speakers in the bathroom. All mod cons available, lots of space for clothes, very generous tea/coffee/biscuits available.

We went for dinner at the hotel, which I guess is the only option without going for a drive! However, this is a Spa hotel, so you'd expect people to stay under one room the whole time you are there - except if you are going to visit the Mercedes Benz Museum & watch the cars spin around the track!

The food was really lovely, I personally think it is a little bit on the pricey side, but again, you are there for a treat so expect to spend a bit more than usual. The one thing I would say to management is that some of the waiting staff need to be a bit more attentive AND if you are busy, it would make sense to have the young lady who wanders around filling up the water glasses to be able to take drinks orders too. This would take the heat off the limited waiters. We waited far too long for a drink, then the bill. When you did get the waiters attention they werer absolutely lovely.

We ended up ordering our pudding to be delivered to our room, which they done very efficiently through their room service team. How nice to be able to get to your room, properly kick back & relax with the large flat screen tv on & get a beautiful dessert delivered to your room as a final treat that day!

Breakfast was included in our Groupon deal, but the next morning we decided we would pay the room service charge, I think only £5, to have our breakfast delivered to our room. Lovely choices & very yummy!

We then went to investigate the spa, which we had a discount voucher for under the Groupon deal.

TIP: When you decide what date you are going, quickly call the spa & book your treatments in advance to prevent any disappointment during your stay! It is a small spa for the size of the hotel, so keep this in mind.

We went back to our room to change into our robes & slippers (provided in the room - remember to return these before you check out or you will be charged for them!). It does seem odd wandering around in your robes going to the Spa, but you can change in the changing rooms where you can use one of the lockers!

In the female changing room (that's the only one I saw of course!) you had a small steam room & small sauna, right by the showers, so perfect.

The meditation room only had 3 warming water beds inside that just about fit 2 people to the bed. So, it was very busy & you got the odd interruption from people coming in & out. I would suggest they find a way of putting a sign on the door when the room is fully occupied & advising guests to only stay in there for a max time, say 30mins. The beds have controlled heaters, the music was calming along with the mood lighting. Lovely chill out for a short time.

When you went out to the main relaxation area, by where the hot tub was, there was limited chill out beds. Once you got one it was lovely to relax with the supplied magazines & water. I would recommend bringing some nice treats along for a proper chill out time.

There was only 1 hot tub which fit 4 guests max at a time, which is not really suitable for a hotel of this size. Some guests stayed in there too long to be fair but this is the fault of inconsiderate members of the public not the hotel. However, I would recommend that the hotel considers fitting more hot tubs in future, space permitting of course!

There were 7 wet & dry treatment rooms, myself & my husband managed to get the spa room where we could both have our massages at the same time, lovely touch to our special anniversary treat.

The one thing, if I can be a very fussy girl is, for a spa hotel, it would have been perfect if there was a pool area. Go for a nice swim between treatment times.

There was a slight issue with the reception staff forgetting to give us the relevant vouchers we needed as part of our Groupon deal at check-in, so my husband had to go down to the reception in his robe, but it all worked out in the end.

We had a late check-out so after our treatment we got changed, checked out & went for our afternoon tea as part of the Groupon deal. Absolutely perfect end to the stay.

All relaxed & content we left the hotel to drive home, even the traffic didn't faze my husband as he was so chilled out!

I would say that even though it is great to go to as a couple, it would be perfect for a girlie spa break. I would say, due to availability & size of the Spa, a group of 4 girls would be perfect for this!

Saying that, there was an excellent round table in the centre of the restaurant that seated around 6-8 guests nicely! Perfect for a girlie dinner & drinks!

I will be looking out for any future Groupon deals to snap up for me & my girlies!

Truly wonderful, relaxing stay! Thank you Brooklands hotel!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the track not the car park! We had to keep our curtains closed the whole stay...
1  Thank TARATIDDLES

Thank you for your detailed feedback and I have shared your comments and points with the team. I am pleased you were able to enjoy one of special groupon offers and hope that you will choose to come and stay with us again, as you said with some girlfriends, we would be happy to welcome you back.

Reviewed November 3, 2011

Had such a relaxing time, service and food was great and the spa was amazing!
Well Done Brooklands!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple

We are delighted you had a great time, hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed November 2, 2011

5 friends and myself took advantage of a great Groupon offer to celebrate belatedly my 50th birthday.We were made welcome from the minute we arrived.The hotel is beautifully designed to a very high standard and we were lucky enough to have rooms overlooking the track.Spa was lovely if small and would recommend that if you want to take advantage of treatments you book in advance as we did as it does get booked up.Hot tub outside is lovely and we were lucky to get access quickly but did note that some people were unable to use it at busier periods.Maybe a 2nd hot tub could be in future plans or even a pool would be the icing on the cake.!!!! Slight hiccup when 1 of my friends didnt get the actual treatment she had booked but she loved the massage anyway so it worked out ok in the end.Food and service in the restaurant were very good although if you dont like your meat pink you may have a problem!!! I have stayed in many .superior hotels around the world and this certainly ranked alongside some of the best I have stayed in.Certainly several notches up on any hotel I have previously stayed in in the Uk. The buffet style breakfast was fantastic & after a trip over to the Mercedes Benz Museum and an unexpected spin round the skid track we returned to the hotel for afternoon tea before departure which rounded off a great stay.In fact in the excitement 2 of our party managed to leave some of their things in their room and on phoning the hotel the next day everything was located and as 1 friend had raved so much about her stay to her husband on reaching home he volunteered to drive her back the following day just to pick it up and see what all the fuss was about.
Brooklands we hope we will be back (especially if we see anymore groupon deals)

Room Tip: request a room overlooking the track
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Jennifer B
Marco-Brooklands, General Manager at Brooklands Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

We are so pleased you had a fantastic birthday with your friends and I hope we can see you all back again very soon.

Reviewed November 1, 2011

Had a great 1 night stay here, it's a wonderful hotel & the Groupon deal we got was amazing value too. Rooms are massive & ours was overlooking the track which was an added bonus. Food was excellent both room service & breakfast. Make sure you try out the spa facilities, shame they were booked up for treatments though - would definitely recommend booking in advance.
Staff were all polite & very helpful.
If I were being really picky the only thing I would say is there was no bath in our room just a huge shower which was perfect for me but my wife does like a good soak.
Overall a great break...would recommend for sure!

Room Tip: Ask for room overlooking the track - we had room 136 which was fine.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Marco-Brooklands, General Manager at Brooklands Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2011

Thank you for your comments and we are delighted you enjoyed the facilities on offer. I am sorry you were not able to enjoy a treatment in the spa, we do recomend that you book in advance as the weekends do get booked up. A feature of our bedrooms is the large rain shower but we do have a few rooms that do have a bath so it is good to discuss this with reservations who can explain the alternative room types. We hope we can welcome you back again very soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Weybridge
Oatlands Park Hotel
Pennyhill Park, an Exclusive Hotel & Spa
De Vere Wotton House
De Vere Wotton House
#1 of 8 in Dorking

Been to Brooklands Hotel? Share your experiences!