“Overpriced and underwhelming”

and 1 more site!
Innkeeper's Lodge Weybridge
Ranked #2 of 3 Weybridge B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 25, 2013

We spent two nights at the Chaser over a weekend and had gone there with our expectations well managed after reading Trip Advisor. Unfortunately the previous largely negative reviews were accurate.

When we arrived the member of staff seemed less than enthusiastic and this set the tone for the whole weekend. Staff were at best disinterested, and at worst sarcastic.

Our room was very cold, despite leaving the heater on, and it was also the dirtiest that I can remember staying in. Lots of dust, cobwebs and worse, and the en-suite didn't seem clean, however none of this would have taken long to put right with a bit of tlc. Overall it gave a sense of being an unloved place.

We were staying on a bed and breakfast basis. The breakfast was okay, but again the place was unclean and from how full it was the bin for breakfast bits like tea bags, etc hadn't been emptied for a good while. The smoked salmon and scrambled egg saw the resulting egg dry and rubbery. We had some drinks in the bar and were amazed that an oily tasting glass of sauvignon blanc was £7! I know this is a very well to do area, but that was well overpriced fro poor wine. Real ale was rather more fairly priced at £3.80 a pint, but still not exactly easy on the wallet.

Overall it was a very disappointing experience but the stand out was the lack of interest from the staff. Given previous reviews it looks like the tone is set from the top by the manager.

With some staff training, a deep clean and more realistic pricing this could be a decent option, but at just shy of £150 for two night's b&b we wouldn't return.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SweetPeasSouthampton

Reviewed March 31, 2013

This pub is gorgeous in a great location & has the ability to be great.

But......
....the food is bordering on unedible
.... The service is good, apart from a tall bespectacled manager who has no communication skills at all. I actually saw him argue with an Oap that he had not been waiting an hour 20mins for his food, it was only an hour 10mins.
The same manager then poured a glass of red wine over my pregnant friend & refused to apologise when it was pointed out to him what he had done.
When I questioned why my baked goats cheese starter was watery & had no flavour due to it clearly being microwaved (it arrived in under 3mins) I was told that's what it should be like. As I was with my parents I felt I couldn't argue with this.

If you are going for a drink I'd definitely recommend it, but don't waste your money eating there.

Go to the Alex in nearby Oatlands village instead.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Stayed here after booking out of a near by hotel due to a bad experience.

Nice large room with a big comfortable bed and big LCD tv, what more do you want...

Great atmosphere in the pub / restaurant area with a open log fire and although I didn't eat dinner, had a nice breakfast.

All the staff were very friendly so would definitely recommend this hotel for the Weybridge area.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Service was crap, the starter was ok, our mains were crap the marinated chicken was the cheapest bit of chicken ive ever had and was like they just poured a bottle of sweet and sour sauce over it, 3 steaks were ordered and were the toughest bit of meat known to man, and two burgers were ordered. Which one was the lamb burger was okay but nothing to rave about, but the beef burger well it came out like a ice hockey puck, was horrendous just poorly cooked. For all this and a few drinks the bill came to 160 quid. When we spoke to management about the pebble like burger the pratt thought it was a laughing matter, ruined our sunday. I would never return to this place even if my meal was going to be paid for.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Jordan H
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I have stayed here twice now and whilst the first wasn't too good, this time I quite liked the place. The rooms are fairly basic but the bed was clean and comfortable as was the rest of the room. The shower was quite small and the bathroom as well as the rest of the Hotel has been done on a budget. This seems strange to me because the restaurant is very well done and the food has been excellent when I have eaten here before.
Staff were pretty good except the lady who took my booking, she said that I didn't need to book as there were plenty of rooms available, unfortunately when you are travelling 250 miles to get there you want to be sure of a room. she asked my name and said she would book one for me but hadn't done when I turned up to check in. Nevertheless the less the staff were helpful and got me squared away.
Breakfast is continental but I believe you can now order a hot breakfast but you have to pay for it when it's ordered; didn't bother this time.
This place is a great option if you are in the area, the food is good and rooms are comfortable. The cost is very reasonable too and I would recommend the place far more than the Holiday Inn where I have also stayed. Only three stars because it definitely does have an air of the budget about it which to be fair it is, I also didn't like the shower.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 25, 2013

4 of us went for lunch on a Saturday, it wasn’t that busy in the restaurant and certainly not in our section. Our Waitress was shocking. She kept bumping in to our seats and knocking our bags on the floor. We all ordered steaks, one was asked to be cooked ‘well done’ however we were told we that would ruin it. This may be the case however it is our decision as we are paying for it after all!! We did not expect to have a discussion over how we like our steaks cooked. Any extra drinks that were ordered with our meal she forgot. Once we finished eating it then took over 35 mins to get 4 coffee's and we were sat right next to the bar. This place used to be lovely, however its really gone downhill. I will not be rushing back there any time soon...

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank ML0u4
Reviewed December 20, 2012

A lovely decoration, big pub., ample car park in the rear. We had the primium burger, made with good quality fresh minced beef. Only two people serving, we never get our sauce. Would it not worth, when investing on nice decoration, to also think service ?

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank clavinova
Also consider these accommodations in or near Weybridge
Oatlands Park Hotel
Hand & Spear Hotel
Hand & Spear Hotel
#4 of 4 in Weybridge
April House Bed & Breakfast

Been to Innkeeper's Lodge Weybridge? Share your experiences!