We spent two nights at the Chaser over a weekend and had gone there with our expectations well managed after reading Trip Advisor. Unfortunately the previous largely negative reviews were accurate.
When we arrived the member of staff seemed less than enthusiastic and this set the tone for the whole weekend. Staff were at best disinterested, and at worst sarcastic.
Our room was very cold, despite leaving the heater on, and it was also the dirtiest that I can remember staying in. Lots of dust, cobwebs and worse, and the en-suite didn't seem clean, however none of this would have taken long to put right with a bit of tlc. Overall it gave a sense of being an unloved place.
We were staying on a bed and breakfast basis. The breakfast was okay, but again the place was unclean and from how full it was the bin for breakfast bits like tea bags, etc hadn't been emptied for a good while. The smoked salmon and scrambled egg saw the resulting egg dry and rubbery. We had some drinks in the bar and were amazed that an oily tasting glass of sauvignon blanc was £7! I know this is a very well to do area, but that was well overpriced fro poor wine. Real ale was rather more fairly priced at £3.80 a pint, but still not exactly easy on the wallet.
Overall it was a very disappointing experience but the stand out was the lack of interest from the staff. Given previous reviews it looks like the tone is set from the top by the manager.
With some staff training, a deep clean and more realistic pricing this could be a decent option, but at just shy of £150 for two night's b&b we wouldn't return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This historic hotel in Weybridge is a great base if you're looking for accommodation with easy access to Central London, which is just 20 minutes away by train. Close to Chertsey, Addleston and the M25, it's popular with city-dwellers seeking a country retreat, or for anyone planning a business trip or short break in Surrey.The lodge is built on one of King Henry VIII's old hunting spots - a connection celebrated by paintings and engravings lining the staircase up to the 19 comfy bedrooms. Full of period charm, the pub offers cosy corners, roaring log-fires and seasonal food and drink aplenty.There's no shortage of things to see and do nearby, particularly for car enthusiasts. The area is rich in motoring heritage, with Brooklands, the birthplace of British motorsport and home to Mercedes Benz World, right on the doorstep. You might even see some vintage wheels gracing the pub car-park from time to time.Other attractions worth a visit include Hampton Court Palace and Thorpe Park, both just a short drive away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Innkeeper's Lodge Weybridge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oatlands Chaser Hotel Weybridge
- Innkeeper's Lodge Weybridge Surrey