“Give me some peace!!”

Ranked #21 of 82 Restaurants in Weybridge
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed November 28, 2013

I'm am sorry to say but I do not enjoy going to the Gaylord and the reason I don't is entirely based upon the pushy waiters. Even on a Wednesday night at 8.30pm we had barely sat down with our beer and poppadum before the waiter came over trying to take our order, to which we politely declined another 2-3 minutes had passed before he was back again! This may seem like "good" service but I way trying to enjoy my friends company, I did not want to be rushed to make an order. Finally the bloke had give up asking if we were ready and came back insisting we order. I write this to say every time I have come here they do push you around and rush you.

It is a shame because the food is very good and the atmosphere is lively even a midweek quite late its full. its not difficult just back off the customers, let them take the time they wish to take as its them that pay your wages and I'd be happy.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

I adore this restaurant and go here frequently because of 1) their amazing Indian dishes, and 2) the friendly and helpful staff.

The atmosphere is great - very lively and energetic, and the perfect meal for a Friday night.

Food is always served hot and on time, so you don't have to wait around too much, and they have a great selection. Definitely worth a visit.

Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

Go here regularly for Indian food and never disappointed, very consistent. Great food, accommodating to your personal taste, and warm greetings and service, always feel welcome. I go with a large group of friends every year at Christmas in a personal "Christmas do" which is always more enjoyable than a work one!
My only negative is that they don't deliver!!

Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

Visited as a party of 3 for dinner on a Thursday night.
The restaurant was full with a good atmosphere.
The welcome wasn't exactly welcoming and the service was rushed rather than friendly.
The food arrived in good time and was hot, generous and tasty. We enjoyed the mushroom bhaji, cauliflower bhaji, peshwari naan and garlic naan and pilau rice with mains of lamb madras, lamb tikka masala and a tandoori cocktail masala. The sides were all great but the masala sauce was very thick and creamy and although the meat was good the sauce didn't really work.
Carlsberg on draft was popular with the men in my party and drinks were topped up often.
A rose was given to me at the end which was a nice gesture but I would of rather had service with a smile!

Reviewed September 2, 2013

I've been visiting the Gaylord for years and I love the food and the service. Nobody does a tikka masalla like they do here!