“Fabulous restaurant”
Review of The Cowshed

The Cowshed
Ranked #12 of 514 Restaurants in Wolverhampton
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Set in the South Staffordshire countryside on a working farm just one mile from the village of Pattingham, The Cowshed has been converted into a fantastic contemporary restaurant. Originally the Clive Farm Dairy, the dining room now boasts a stunning interior featuring rustic oak beams and a mezzanine balcony area. The Cowshed's classic modern British menu, under instruction from Head Chef Joe Whitehouse, features favourites such as the pan-seared scallops with pancetta and sherry jus served with ciabatta toast; pan-roasted duck breast served with a zesty potato cake finished with a kumquat and grenadine jus; and the restaurant's signature Cowshed game pie stuffed with quail eggs and served with a sharp home made chutney.
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Beautiful building and exemplary service.. Delicious food and all round lovely evening.. Check out the three course lunch specials as well Yummy!!

There are newer reviews for The Cowshed

Reviewed September 19, 2013

Went on a saturday evening with a few friends, very warm welcome and service throughout the evening. Food was superb and fast service. We all enjoyed our meals and will definitely be returning again.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

I discovered this little place from a friend who also was very impressed. It's quite a secluded little restaurant which I think adds character, the restaurant itself is clean and comfortable and has a warm homely feeling to it. I ordered the ham hock and it was cooked perfectly and the mash potato is just delicious. For dessert I ordered the ice cream, they do some strange flavours which I didn't originally order but there was a mistake made (My fault I was being very fuzzy and must have confused the waitress!) so I ended up with liquorice and blackcurrant and honeycomb. And it was actually lovely! Haven't had a meal this good in a LONG time. My other friends had different meals (all from lunch menu) and they were equally as impressed. Extremely good value however I'm not sure I could afford the evening menu but still, what a wonderful find! I shall be returning!!!

Reviewed September 8, 2013

Both my wife and I were warmly greeted on arrival and enjoyed a generous tasty meal, served very promptly and by some of the friendliest staff we've experienced in a restaurant anywhere.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Have been going to cowshed for lunch for a number of years. I take my elderly parents out on a regular basis and have tried most of the restaurants in the whole of the midlands. We always go back to the cowshed because of the excellent service, fantastic freshly cooked food, beautifully presented and at a reasonable price. They always have a very warm welcome and cushions are always placed on the seats for my elderly parents. I can honestly say this restaurant cannot be beaten.