“Downward Spiral”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

I have been coming here for years, and this was possibly the worst takeaway I've ever had. The food had no real flavour other than grease and MSG.

Please go back to your old ways - this used to be the best Chinese in the area, now I am making an effort to avoid.

Reviewed December 16, 2013

Christmas set meal for two early evening. Delightful staff. Beautifully cooked food. Largish portions. Piping hot and good service. Would return.

Reviewed December 13, 2013

I have eaten at Minhs a few times, however this was a couple of years ago. We wanted a local restaurant for a works Xmas do and we were not disappointed. I was the only person out of 10 who had eaten here before and everyone thought the food was fantastic. It was quiet while we were eating with just some mmmmm ing noises which is always a good sign! Loads of choice on the menu. Good service throughout. The only down side I could mention is that they gave us 2 round tables pulled together for which was a bit awkward. Good value, will definitely be back for more of those salt and pepper ribs!

Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

We've had loads of take aways from here and they have been ok, but the third time we've eaten here made the first two experiences seem first class!

Firstly we order salt crab, and scallops to start, after 10mins were told we've run out of scallops, so we choose the oysters ten mins later we've run out of oysters!!!! Okay well just have the salt crab to start, a further 5 mins later no sorry it's the crab that's run out but we have the oysters!!! WTF

Finally we receive two starters which neither of which were our first choice, they were okay!

The mains came the Singapore curry wasn't deep thick red as it should be but watery and peppery the satay FILLET steak didn't even taste like beef, at this point we'd given up the thought of a descent meal!

After a terrible customer experience expected the staff to apologise or discount or offer a furture discount but they took full price as if the meal had been great we just wished we'd travelled an extra 5mins to signal minhs where we've eaten hundreds of times and NEVER been disappointed!

MINHS SHIFNAL IS THE BEST FOR MILES

Reviewed September 13, 2013

I've had takeaways from here many times and every time I do they get significantly worse. The most recent one was this weekend, I had kung po chicken and my partner had the won ton soup, crispy shredded beef and we shared a portion of chips and a portion of egg fried rice.

The kung po chicken tasted like plastic carrier bags, the chips were hard and under cooked (shouldn't expect great chips from a Chinese though) and the shredded beef tasted like nothing. The only good thing about the entire take away was the won ton soup, you don't get much for £3.00 though.

A waste of £15.00!!!!