“great”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“great”
Reviewed August 25, 2012

The food was great, it is actually proper punjabi cuisine! which with all the indian restaurants / takeaways around you wouldn't think would be difficult. Atmosphere was nice, staff were very friendly and welcoming. Have been here a few time now and each time has been great, I've heard it is now under new management, lets hope the standard remains the same.

• Visited June 2012
2 Thank pam651

“Quiet but amazing”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

It was a little quiet the night I went but I must say amazing food and a friendly service. I've been Afew times before and it's nice to see the old uniforms backs.
If your ever by the area I must say try the mixed grill it's fantastic and worth every penny.

2 Thank Arthur_alcar
west midlandas
“Bland & Expensive”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Very average Indian restaurant. We went there one night upon finding Cataldo's closed. We had a chicken tikka starter which was cold and ordinary. Then I had a lamb jalfrezi which was luke warm and not at all spicy. the naan bread was overcooked and snapped in half when I tried to tear it! Service was delivered by a polite but very disinterested young man. The bill was very expensive in all of our parties opinion. It wasn't bad I guess? But it sure wasn't great. I won't go again.

Visited December 2011
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
“Glass in food, dealt with poorly.”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

First time and last time we will visit here. Thought we would try a new place for our regular Sunday nights out. First impressions were good, nice presentation although we were the only ones in there. Halfway through our meals my brother bit down on a piece of glass which shattered in his mouth, he spat it into a napkin and a member if staff approached. We were treated with disbelief, "there is no glass in the kitchen so it can't have come from there", we were given replacement rice only after scraping it off the plate. It totally ruined the meal waiting for the next potential bite of glass. My brother didn't want to make a big deal, and neither did the staff who pretended it hadn't happened. They gave my brother a free Pepsi presumably to wash the glass down :-( We paid and left never to return.

Visited August 2012
2 Thank Chris S
england
“expensive”
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Visited the red fort on a Saturday night in july and was very disappointed. It was extremely quiet so there was no atmosphere in there. We ordered drinks and just a main meal, a bottle of cider being £5.95! food was poor,

• Visited July 2012