Stayed for just the one night after coming down to watch my favourite band (Monster Magnet) at the Civic Centre. Travelling alone, despite it being the dreaded Valentines day! I know the hotel (and most everywhere else!) was very busy that night because of this, however I had booked my room some time back and had actually got it for the fantastic rate of £29 despite the occasion.
Staff on check-in were friendly and chatty, and more than happy to book me a taxi into town for the gig.
Room definitely exceeded the expectations I have for this sort of 'cheap chain' hotel. I generally stay in Travelodges and Premier Inns when taking city breaks, but this one was a fantastic specimen - over and above many of the much pricier hotels I have visited in my time. I'd consider both the bed and the room to be larger than standard, bed linen was soft and fresh, and I couldn't fault the general cleanliness. Mattress was rather firm, but that's just the way I like them! Tea / coffee making facilities all that you would expect.
But the highlight had to be the shower; no problems adjusting the temperature, and it was certainly powerful! No pathetic trickles here! I actually had two over the course of my 1 night stay - one after I first checked in and it was just what I needed after a long day spent on trains! Felt like a new woman afterwards! Sparing no expense on my water usage, I will also confess to having a bath during my stay - couldn't resist as I don't have one at home. Again, quick and easy to adjust the water temp and very quick to fill. Long hot soak post-gig, pure bliss! Again, couldn't fault the general cleanliness in the bathroom.
Only other thing I feel obliged to comment on goes for Premier Inns in general - the offer of a generous midday check-out as standard! Can't argue with that, especially when similar branded hotels request a hefty supplement for the same. Just what's needed after a Friday night of boozy overindulgence!
Can't say the view from the window was much to rave about, but given the location that's not really unexpected :p
In summary, I couldn't fault this Premier Inn on any level. It's a pedigree example of this brand, and I would highly recommend it to anyone planning on staying in the city. You get your money's worth and much more!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A stone's throw from the train station, Wolverhampton University and Wolverhampton Grand Theatre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and Premier Inn so you can book your Premier Inn Wolverhampton City Centre Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Wolverhampton City Centre (Bluebricks) Hotel Wolverhampton
- Premier Inn Wolverhampton City Centre Hotel England