“comfortable, clean and enjoyable”

Premier Inn Wolverhampton City Centre Hotel
Ranked #4 of 21 Hotels in Wolverhampton
Tamworth, United Kingdom
“comfortable, clean and enjoyable”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I would recommend this hotel, especially having stayed at others in the area. Found the rooms to be clean and comfortable and enjoyed a lovely breakfast. Didn't try out the restaurant on the same site as the hotel.

We stayed here when attending an event at the Civic Hall and I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Worthing, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for four nights and although next door to the station, it was very quiet. Our room had double, double glazing! Large, comfortable room, although the breakfast let it down a little.

Room Tip: try for a room on the top floor as often heard people in room above
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I stayed in heavy snow. The room was warm enough, very good tv. Some noise from upstairs. Very mean wifi - 30 mins then pay for it. Nearby restaurant ok, but over twice the price of the nearby Wetherspoons. Staff pleasant.

Room Tip: Probably the best hotel in the City Centre, but there are better nearby
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
falkirk
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Nice for what we needed, a wee trip to see Kevin Bridges at the civic centre 23/11/12 (approx £7 in a taxi)

Check in was quick and easy, our room keys were ready and waiting on us as we had pre-paid.

Rooms were usual premier inn standard nice and clean altho my friends bathroom door handle was abit sticky...

Staff were friendly and helpful in booking a taxi for us.

Food in the Bluebrick Pub next door was nice and there was a very helpful waitress who served us dinner and gave us advice on things to do. (We went to the German market as she suggested, which was nice to look at but staff there were rude)

Breakfast was nice on the Saturday morning although it took a while, the Sunday morning we had a very rude waitress who made us feel like we were hassling her just by being there. Also someone must have put a croissant into the toaster and it went on fire. Several members of staff walked passed oblivous to this and another guest put it out.

Would use the hotel again and eat here for dinner but not for breakfast.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Cilan Uchaf, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Had a long weekend at the blue bricks got the deal for £29 per room per night . i used the address of sun street to get there . Parking pass given , security cameras in site. Warm welcome , bought wifi for 2 nights £6 . Room was very cold so requested a heater which was given . Very quick walk through back of train station to shops , wetherspoons city centre , banks etc. We didnt have breakfast there we preferred to have a large breakfast at the wetherspoon for £3.99 instead of £8.25 at premier inn . the bed was parallel to tele so we rearranged the room to suit us as we usually look at tele facing it not lying on oneside .rooms were standardly clean as u expect
i would stay here again , it is convienient . Wi fi , parking , city centre

Room Tip: i stayed in room 74 and it was freezing so requested heater
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Cardiff
Reviewed January 14, 2013

This is my 4th visit and stay at Premier Inn City Centre, Wolverhampton and its always a pleasure. From reception, to room, to restaurant facility, I find its always excellent value. I would fully recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013
Shropshire
Reviewed January 2, 2013

We booked to stay for one night and was very pleased with the location and closeness to the theatre in the city centre. The rooms were very clean, fresh looking and the pillows... I could not believe how many we had in the room, usually I find that I have to beg for extra pillows at a rival hotel chain!
The staff were helpful with giving me directions that I needed for places that I needed to go.
The breakfast is served next door at the Table Table pub which was fantastic, staff and quality and amount was superb!!! We had an evening meal at the pub as well which offered good wuality affordable prices and the staff very polite and helpful!
Downside was the room that we were put in, family room, was directly opposite the pub, sadly unbeknown to us as it was New Years Eve they had an very very loud disco on until the early hours, which the thud thud thud kept me awake until the early hours, very annoyingly, and to top it off the pub staff decided to light the fireworks directly outside our window. Sadly I could not do a room change as one of my two children managed to fall asleep.
When I spoke with the staff in the morning they were very apologetic and admitted that several other hotel guests had complained about the music and the hotel staff had asked them to turn it off around 1am. As to the fireworks the hotel staff were not aware that they were going to set off a display either. A bit of communication in the future maybe between the hotel and pub????
Overall I rate this hotel very good for location to the city centre, railway satation right next door and a very comfy bed. I did stay on a party night and I am not a party pooper but I felt the hotel should have considered that I maybe did not want to be put opposite a noisy pub!!!

Room Tip: Not rooms opposite the pub if it new years eve!!!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family