“make sure you ask for car park passes and don't eat at the restaraunt”

Premier Inn Wolverhampton City Centre Hotel
Ranked #4 of 21 Hotels in Wolverhampton
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“make sure you ask for car park passes and don't eat at the restaraunt”
Reviewed May 11, 2012

it is a bit hard to find as it is not very well signposted, we had dinner in the restaraunt and my fiancee asked for well done steak, it came bloody! we sent it back and it came back still so pink in the middle that she couldn't eat it, by which time i had finished my meal ( ribs and chicken, the chicken was horrible but to be fair the ribs were nice ) and we had to go as we were going to see a show so i said i wasn't happy paying £14.50 for a meal that had not been eaten so they offered us a fiver off even though she hadn't eaten anything! in the end i paid because we were now rushed for the show. When we left in the morning (after hardly any sleep due to tumble dryers running all night in the room next but one to us ) to be met with a parking ticket as the hotel had not told us we needed a pass! To be fair to the staff in the morning they offered us a refund on the room and took care of the parking ticket but all in all was a bit of a shambles! If you are going to stay here to go to the theatre then you have to walk under a long dodgy underpass under the rail station to get there! was a bit scary coming back through there after the show in the dark!

Room Tip: we had room 80 and didn't sleep! avoid it!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gazzabcfc
Kelly L, Social Media at Premier Inn Wolverhampton City Centre Hotel, responded to this review, May 18, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to deliver a high level of service in all our establishments, both in our hotels and restaurants, and we do apologise that on this occasion we failed to do this. Please be assured that your feedback is very important to us as we endeavour to improve standards and meet all our customer’s needs.

We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Reviewed May 8, 2012

Would stay there again and it was good value for money.

• Stayed May 2012
Bangor, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 2, 2012

1st May 2012
Just stayed for a night to watch a concert in Bilston.
The hotel was comfortable and quiet a decent night sleep was had, don’t understand the previous review, I felt safe, didn’t have to wind my windows up or lock the car door while driving.
Would agree though that if I were taking a family for a stopover I would choose somewhere nicer, maybe on the outskirts of Wolverhampton.
The hotel is 5 mins walk from the shopping centre, not the best of shopping centres but all the main shops are there.
I did get a little confused trying to find the reception, but soon found it.
I did have a meal at the Table Table Restaurant and have to admit I wasn’t impressed but then I don’t like Table Table restaurants...much prefer a Beefeater Restaurant.
Just a word of warning though, don’t put WV10 0DJ in your satnavs, its nowhere near the place...do some research first or hopefully they will get this sorted soon.
Would I stay there again??...yes.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 30, 2012

Reading through some of the reviews I'm astonished that anyone enjoyed staying here. I am a regular Premier Inn user and was very happy with the staff, the service and the room.

However, I struggled to find the entrance in the dark and spent over an hour going through the various one way systems in Wolverhampton trying to find it. All the meanwhile panicking because of the shockingly ROUGH area I had to drive through to get there. Seriously, if you want to drive through and you HAVE to stay here, make sure your windows and doors are locked... Travel with someone else preferably…And be alert!

I was always ready to drive if need be if anyone approached my car in the streets. It was THAT bad. I am a young woman who regularly travels on my own for business and I can safely say I will NEVER be back. I regularly drive all over the UK and this was one of the WORST places ever. Actually it is probabley top of the list.

How people can leave reviews saying that it is suitable for familys is beyond me. I suppose its what your used to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
I have visited rough areas before but this is something else! The area is extremely run down, rough, vandalised in places and to be frank, very frightening. It has an aura about it that says “stay away”. Its highly dangerous especialley for anyone travelling alone who isnt used to the area.. There are so many traffic light systems (some of which didnt even work!!!) that its impossible to not to stop and have to sit at various lights, all the meantime being very afraid that someone is going to approach the car.

The Premier Inn has always had very good standards but WHY build it in such a rough area?! Had I realised I wouldn’t have booked. It was next to what looked like high rise council flats in a very rough area. Also the signage is awful through Wolverhampton. I nearly had a serious car accident on the way there. (Of which I was threatened by the driver, who said he wanted to smash my car in!!) When I finally arrived I felt unsafe walking to reception, which is not very clear once you arrive.

When I arrived, at first I thought I had to pay to have my car there due to the signage. Luckily I decided to call reception and ask. I thought “surely I don’t have to PAY to stay in this car park, its enough I have booked a room here!!” Sure enough, the lady at reception confirmed that parking was free. No doubt many people have paid when they didn’t need to!! So I then had to go into the reception area, get a ticket and go back to the car before I could even remove my bags. Sigh even more hassle!!.

How I didnt get mugged, raped or stabbed while I was in the area I dont know, I'm not exaggerating. NEVER AGAIN. DON’T STAY HERE! If you have business in Wolverhampton (I cant imagine it would be a holiday destination!!! LOL Your having a laugh!!!) then stay elsewhere. From what I’ve heard most of the hotels and B&Bs in Wolverhampton are in rough areas and you should seriously avoid like the plague! I only wish I had done my research! beforehand. I will be staying at the Premier Inn again, just in a safe town!!! AWFUL.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank TheLoneTraveller007
Kelly L, Social Media at Premier Inn Wolverhampton City Centre Hotel, responded to this review, May 2, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel.

It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to improve standards as we endeavour to meet all of our customers needs. Thank you once again for your review.
Kettering, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 25, 2012

Thought that the hotel was good, however out of my budget £79.00 a night without breakfast, you can get very good rooms for a lot less with breakfast for around £35-£50, so thanks P I just cant afford you

Jack Murphy

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Cornwall, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Great service and very clean room , cant wait to stay here again

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 1969Monty
Hong Kong
Reviewed April 21, 2012

This hotel is located directly behind Wolverhampton Train Station. From the station you must use the underpass to go under the railway lines to access the hotel. Check in was friendly, quick and efficient. The hotel was decorated in the standard Premier Inn way. As always with Premier Inns everything was very clean. The bed was very comfortable. All the staff were well-trained and very pleasant.

The room had a TV, kettle, tea, coffee, milk, sugar. The bathroom had 2 liquid soaps one of which could also be used as shampoo. There was always plenty of hot water. Things Premier Inns in the UK don't provide that you might want are a fridge and a safety deposit box.

The hotel provided half an hour's free internet access. After that you have to pay. We did not use the hotels restaurant or eat breakfast at the hotel.

The hotel is easy walking distance from a supermarket (near the train station), the train station and the bus station.

The hotel was quiet at night and we got an excellent night's sleep.

Check out was very fast, friendly, efficient. I would happily stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple