“Fantastic service. great food.”
Review of Bilash

Bilash
Ranked #46 of 513 Restaurants in Wolverhampton
Cuisines: Indian, Bangladeshi
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Managed to get a table here without booking, even though it was a Monday night the place was busy (always a good sign). The food was amazing. The chef (I think he was the owner) cooked up a dish especially for my friend, who always asks for the same wherever we go and she said it was by far the best tasting dish ever. It was on the pricey side £66 for poppadums, 2 x main meals with nan, rice and a side dish. Also two beers each. But the food was exceptional so I guess you get what you pay for.

2  Thank happy23traveller
There are newer reviews for Bilash

Reviewed August 2, 2013

Introduced to this place by my work colleagues. Went for lunch. Excellent food and service. Finest curry I have had in a while. Hidden away on an unassuming quiet road. Nice decor and faultlessly clean. A must for anyone who hasn't visited yet

2  Thank ZedSha
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Myself and my partner went here for my birthday......when booking the table my partner was asked if he would like a window table or chef table, he opted for chef table, however on arrival were told we could not have chef table or window table and were seated in the middle of the restaurant. We took our seats and decided we would not say anything as we had heard that the food and service is exceptional!!! Our waiter as polite as he was could not speak or understand a word of English, when ordering our good we asked if we could have a vegetarian main dish as a side dish along with 2 meat main dishes, 2 starters and sides and we were told point bland no. The selection of beer is disgusting they serve 1 kind and that was a Bangladeshi beer?? While we were waiting for our food another couple were seated on the next table to us to whom the manager came over to and shook hands therefore must be regulars! During our meal all we could hear was the constant drone of the manger discussing his family, his business, his illnesses and to be quite honest I just wanted to tell him to SHUT UP. The food was ok, but I get better from my local takeaway and better portions. For the price you pay at this restaurant I can honestly say I have never been anywhere where the service is so poor and the manager is so unprofessional and drinks menu so poor. I would not recommend this place to anyone there are far better restaurants in Wilverhamoton with better food and better service.

1  Thank Mh80
Reviewed July 27, 2013

I had heard much of the Bilash and made a solo visit to experience the food first hand. Laminate tables and tired looking furniture were a bit of a disappointment but the staff were very attentive and efficient. Service was excellent. Poppadums were thin and crunchy with a nutty flavour, just as I like them. Accompanying table sauces were quite tasty but not outstanding.

I chose Maacher Shami Kebab for the first course. This had a nice soft texture but the taste of the fish was not very apparent. I dosed it in table sauces to improve the flavour. Next course was Goan Tiger Prawn Massala - my preference, the lobster was not available. I have to say the chef has perfected this dish. The prawns were marinated and cooked to perfection and the accompanying sauce delicious. As sides, I ordered special pilau rice and spinach. The rice was unquestionably the best I have tasted and complemented the prawns perfectly. I'm not sure how the spinach was cooked - I have an idea there was some frying involved but it too was sublime. Full marks for the main course!! If the first course had been a bit more exciting, This review would have probably been a 5. In the event, this was a fairly expensive gastronomic experience and value for money has to feature in the score.

2  Thank SirRoamalot
Reviewed July 24, 2013

We were both impressed by the quality and taste of the food. This is not your ordinary curry house food, it is a cut above and reflects the various subtle tastes and flavours that make Indian food unique. The food was well spiced and full of flavour without being so hot it blew your head off! However the prices do reflect that the food is better than your local curry house. The big disappointment was the cost of the drinks, £4.50 for a small beer and £3.50 for a tiny coffee! I don't mind paying more than average for the quality of the food, but the drinks were a rip off!

2  Thank jimboe89