“40th Birthday Celebration Meal”
Review of Bilash

Bilash
Ranked #54 of 530 Restaurants in Wolverhampton
Cuisines: Indian, Bangladeshi
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Civic Centre Square St Peters Church Square Civic & Wulfrun Hall Grand Theatre Art Gallery Arena thetre Wolves football Club
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We had a excellent evening a night to remember with great food, atmosphere, service and value for money. The mixed grill looked like a 5 star option, so we are in need of another visit very soon.

Shaun and Jayne Morris - Hednesford

2  Thank ShaunM16

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Went here after a day out with friends. Having been recommended to us my expectations were high.

Sad to say I was quite disappointed. The staff were making a lot of fuss over other tables of what I presume were regulars. We were served but it felt uncomfortable and slow. The treatment was more akin to that you would expect if you walked into a Welsh only pub in Wales and tried to order a drink in English.

The food was OK but no better than that. I didn't see anything on the menu that was "different".

Fair value but not somewhere i'd rush back to.

1  Thank Stuart-Herritty
Reviewed March 23, 2013

I visit this restaurant quite regularly and every time I return I am made to feel very welcome by the owner/manager and receive fantastic service. The food is absolutely amazing and I have never experienced a bad meal. I'm already looking forward to my next visit!

2  Thank Hugs761
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Terrible food terrible service terrible. Under seasoned & bland no small feet for Indian cuisine. Service was slow and sub standard. If you have money to waste on bad food go here.

3  Thank Sgt123456
Reviewed March 16, 2013

My husband and I have just returned from what I can only describe as the worst experience that I have ever had at a restaurant. The food wasn't all that bad - it was the price that made it seem worse than it was - £80 for a starter and main for 2. What made the experience so poor, however, was the service. When we tried to order our meal, we were told to wait until we had had some poppadoms. When our main meal eventually arrived, the naan was burnt on the bottom and when my husband raised this politely with what we assume was the owner/manager, he argued with my husband (making quite a scene) and then brought a replacement, which was raw. We then overheard the waiter joking about the burnt naan with the customers sitting on the table right next to us. I have never been made to feel so uncomfortable in a restaurant before and to top it all off, the bill arrived with a charge for the naan! I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone - thoroughly disappointing - there are plenty of amazing Indian restaurants in the area. It amazes me how they managed to get michelin rated.

2  Thank Helliibelli