“indian at its best”

Cuisines: Indian, Bangladeshi
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Fab really enjoyed te food, good flavours, Staff good of done with being a litlle more friendly. They seem more interested in what they done the night before.. I think every one in the building new.. But the food was good..

1  Thank Debbie L
There are newer reviews for Bilash

Reviewed December 17, 2012

The food was excellent. It had always been given good write ups and so we tried it and everything good that has been said about it was correct. I would recommend it to friends and family. Could not go too often, has to be a special occasion because of the price.

2  Thank Elizabeth R
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I had been recommended The Bilash by several friends who live in Wolverhampton and decided to go one Saturday lunchtime before a football match. Sadly, it was closed but I made the decision to order a take-away after a football match and, in my case, eat it on the train journey home to London. The restaurant opens at 5.30 pm and I promptly made my order which I was asked to collect half an hour later. I would have really liked to have sat down for a meal but my train was due to leave at 6.45 pm so there was no way that I could do that. It's a smart and very clean looking place and the staff are very courteous. When I arrived at 5.55 pm to pick up my order it was in the final stages of being assembled. The take-away menu gives a choice of five starters and five or six main courses. I managed to get to the train at 6.15 pm which was waiting almost empty and so had nearly half an hour of unbridled, uninterupted satisfaction. I had ordered a tandoori lamb starter with a chickpea sauce and a chicken bhuna for the price of £15 and it was worth every penny. There was so much that it would have fed two people. It came with popadums, yoghurt and chutney - as well as the usual tomato and onion relish. That meal was a sheer joy, rich in flavoursome spices but not too hot.
I used to eat curries from a few places along the Ealing Road in Alperton in the mid eighties and I've never had a curry to better them since...until I sampled this from the Bilash. I really want to sample something from the restaurant one day. If you can't have a meal there then try a take-away...you won't be disappointed.

3  Thank Tony G
Reviewed December 9, 2012

We arrived at 18:30 for our meal which was pre-booked. We waited for 5-10 minutes whilst the table we were having was cleared as the people using it were just leaving. This process got worse as the evening progressed with people waiting at the bar for people to vacate the table they would have. For a meal for two costing £80 this is simply unacceptable. A minor point but the restaurant ran out of ironed tablecloths, again simply not acceptable at these prices.
On the positive side the service was fast and caring and the food was delivered quickly. The kebab starter was nothing to write home about and the minced fish cake starter was a bit dry. If this was served with a separate sauce or dip hen this would cure the problem.The lamb birini was very good. The spinach was lovely. Naan breads fabulous. Poppudoms and dips really good.

Nice decor. Overall good food but too expensive for the reasons given.

Reviewed December 4, 2012

The Bilash is a modern contemporary tastefully decorated restaurant. Anyone aiming for the largest quantities of food for the smallest amount of money and not worried what it really tastes like after a skin full on the town, the Bilash is not for you. It can be a little pricey, but then if you want quality you have to pay something towards getting it.

I hate paying that extra and still get crap! This doesn't happen at the Bilash.
The food is fantastic each time and every time we have visited.

Bilash is a dining experience and deserves all the accolade’s it has achieved todate.
Staffs are always pleasant and a cut above most other restaurants we have visited.

To summarise; Divine dining with excellent service in pleasant surrounds and value for money. Just wish they were closer to the Welsh border were we have to travel from............

3  Thank M H