“Enjoyable Stay”
Review of Barons Court Hotel

Barons Court Hotel
Ranked #1 of 21 Hotels in Wolverhampton
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Me and my other half stayed here last night as we attended our friends sons Christening Sunday morning on the west side of Birmingham. We hadn't originally planned to stay but a couple of nights before changed our minds! I found this hotel through Booking.com for 25 pounds for the night - for both of us! We'd usually book into a Premier Inn but we'd left it too late for a cheaper rate.
It looked nice online and I obviously checked reviews on here beforehand as you don't expect too much for such a good price. We pulled into the hotel car park where the garden is and it looked very well kept. The inside of the hotel was lovely too, really quirky - in a good way. The room we stayed in (#6) was also very nice and the bathroom was gorgeous! The bathroom and bedroom both had lovely big windows that overlooked the garden. Everything was very clean and nicely laid out. The bed was comfortable and the sheets were Egyptian cotton which made for a perfect night sleep. The complimentary tea and coffee (with extra supplies should you run out, in the hall), large glass bottle of water (ice in the hall) and 2 choccie biscuits were a lovely touch. The tv was a very good size with freeview too - bonus! There is also free wi-fi which was very fast when it was working! - Unfortunately there seemed to be a problem with it the night we stayed although we got done what we wanted anyway and we don't go away to sit on the laptops all night so it wasn't an issue for us.
We had breakfast in the morning (7 pounds each) and there was a very good choice of things - cereal, toast, croissants, fry up, fruit, fresh juice.. We had a croissant and juice each while we waiting for our coffee and fry up, which arrived a lot quicker than I'd thought it would. It was very tasty and well cooked.
Overall, I loved staying here and wouldn't hesitate in coming back or recommending it to others. I'm glad we didn't go to a boring Premier Inn after all! The manager, Keith, was a nice man, the room was comfortable, the little extra touches were fab and it's in a great location. Personally, I can't fault it and think it's worth a lot more than the 25 pounds we paid.
Thank you for a lovely stay!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tiffany L

Reviewed August 26, 2013

We came here for two nights 24 & 25th Aug to visit the Black Country Musium and see some friends. This is our second visit and Keth (manager) has the Hotel looking really good. When you walk through the ground floor its like going back in time there is so much to look at, the lounge is fantastic and the seating area around the massive fire place is so inviting. The rooms were very clean and they have proper bath towels,big enough for a well built six footer and some to spare. Nice comfortabl beds and an ice machine on the first floor, which we used both nights, the breakfast was spot on and there was a sellection to put much more expensive hotels to shame. Keith and his small team could show the big boys how to run a hotel well done Keith. if we are going anywhere near Wolverhamption again i will be going to this hotel

Room Tip: They are all nice
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank maryflower251
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I was charged £45 for a very small single room, which seems to compare unfavourably with some of the prices posted on here. Breakfast was extra.
On the plus side, the manager carried my bags up to my room, up a rather steep staircase. The hotel is quirky, no doubt about it. A decent TV, and free wifi. The gardens are lovely and plenty of parking space. Breakfast was very prompt and a good choice of tasty food offered, in a pleasant dining room.
I was in room 8 and I did have some issues with the room, but I had a quiet word about them and they did seem genuinely concerned. I am not going to list them because I think they will do their best to sort out the problems with the room. The problems were definitely not what I expected. I was not charged for my breakfast, which was a goodwill gesture on their part.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Celia G
woottonbch, Owner at Barons Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Dear Guest
Thank you for your review. I am sorry you were disappointed with the size of the room, but it is a single. In common with the vast majority of hotels in Wolverhampton we do charge a premium price over VFest weekend, as we could sell out 3 times over. Our normal price for a weekend single would be £30. I will certainly look at the small issues you seem to have had with the room and will ensure they are rectified.

Karen Wootton
Proprietor

Reviewed August 16, 2013

My first stay here after recommendation by a friend.A lovely garden at the front and the public areas all have fabulous character thanks to the many artifacts which you need to see to appreciate in full.
I stayed in a room with a lovely big bathroom, with lots of hot water.The bed was very comfy.Even though I was by the car park the double glazing meant I heard no noise and slept well.
I particularly like the seating on the back balcony by the door where you can chill out among the lovely flowers which obviously get a lot of TLC.
I'd happily stay here again and it beats any chain or corporate hotel hands down.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This hotel is now our accommodation of choice when visiting family in Wolverhampton and we have used it on 3 separate occasions. The manager, Keith, provides a most professional service and does everything he can to ensure his guests have a 'hassle-free' time. His friendly and helpful manner and his attention to detail make this a very pleasant place to stay. He will be difficult to replace if he ever decides to move on.

Room Tip: Room 9 is our favourite
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights whilst taking part in the Tough Guy event close by. The lounge area is quirky with plenty to take the eye - something in every corner! The room was excellent - decent bed, good bathroom, clean tidy warm décor. Found breakfast to be over priced at £7 no matter what combination - e.g full English = £7, whilst i had poached eggs and bacon...=£7 also! All in all a very nice place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank M P
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This is the second time i have stayed at the barons court hotel and on both occassions i have had a wonderful experience. The hotel was clean, welcoming and friendly. The breakfast was delicious. I am looking forward to staying again and would recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family