Me and my other half stayed here last night as we attended our friends sons Christening Sunday morning on the west side of Birmingham. We hadn't originally planned to stay but a couple of nights before changed our minds! I found this hotel through Booking.com for 25 pounds for the night - for both of us! We'd usually book into a Premier Inn but we'd left it too late for a cheaper rate.
It looked nice online and I obviously checked reviews on here beforehand as you don't expect too much for such a good price. We pulled into the hotel car park where the garden is and it looked very well kept. The inside of the hotel was lovely too, really quirky - in a good way. The room we stayed in (#6) was also very nice and the bathroom was gorgeous! The bathroom and bedroom both had lovely big windows that overlooked the garden. Everything was very clean and nicely laid out. The bed was comfortable and the sheets were Egyptian cotton which made for a perfect night sleep. The complimentary tea and coffee (with extra supplies should you run out, in the hall), large glass bottle of water (ice in the hall) and 2 choccie biscuits were a lovely touch. The tv was a very good size with freeview too - bonus! There is also free wi-fi which was very fast when it was working! - Unfortunately there seemed to be a problem with it the night we stayed although we got done what we wanted anyway and we don't go away to sit on the laptops all night so it wasn't an issue for us.
We had breakfast in the morning (7 pounds each) and there was a very good choice of things - cereal, toast, croissants, fry up, fruit, fresh juice.. We had a croissant and juice each while we waiting for our coffee and fry up, which arrived a lot quicker than I'd thought it would. It was very tasty and well cooked.
Overall, I loved staying here and wouldn't hesitate in coming back or recommending it to others. I'm glad we didn't go to a boring Premier Inn after all! The manager, Keith, was a nice man, the room was comfortable, the little extra touches were fab and it's in a great location. Personally, I can't fault it and think it's worth a lot more than the 25 pounds we paid.
Thank you for a lovely stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- You will find our lovely 3-Star Hotel in Wolverhampton which is a traditional Edwardian building only 1 mile from Wolverhampton City Centre in the WV2 postcode. We offer single, twin and double rooms all of which are en-suite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity and Booking.com so you can book your Barons Court Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barons Court Wolverhampton
- Hotel Barons Court
- Barons Court Hotel Wolverhampton, England