“Our family had a wonderful time at a family wedding due to your excellent service, many thanks”
Review of Barons Court Hotel

Barons Court Hotel
Ranked #1 of 21 Hotels in Wolverhampton
Reviewed August 24, 2011

We booked the hotel for the family stay for a wedding, everyone was pleased with the excellent service and food, and the standard of the hotel. A special thanks to Keith for organising it on our behalf. A great place to stay!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Barons Court Hotel

Reviewed August 19, 2011

Stayed for 1 night in room 6 on ist landing, very comfey bed , clean, bathroom was a good size . Keith was great , offering a warm welcome .
We booked the breakfast which was £5.00 each, very good value for money, plenty of choices , juices, cereals, fresh fruit & coffee, followed by your hot cooked breakfast again you had a choice !
We will be back again when visiting family.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 12, 2011

We held our 40th Wedding Anniversary Function at the Barons Court on Sunday 7th August 2011. We have used the hotel before for a family birthday, which was excellent, but if anything this time it was even better. The buffet was fantastic, everything we asked for and more, all beautifully presented and tasted delicious. Keith went out of his way to ensure the room was set out in the best way to accommodate our family and friends, even down to ruby coloured table napkins. We had nothing but praise from our family and friends for the day and most of that I must admit was down to Keith and his staff for their organisational skills.

Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 10, 2011

We used to stay at other hotels in Wolverhampton before discovering the Barons Court a few years ago - now we wouldn't dream of going anywhere else! It is a real gem, quirky and original, and has a warm and welcoming atmosphere rarely found in hotels these days. The rooms are comfortable, clean and quiet, a well-cooked breakfast really sets you up for the day, and Keith, the guardian of this wonderful domain, is unobtrusively on hand to ensure that everything runs smoothly. Oh, and room prices are very, very reasonable - just one more reason to stay here!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank judijee
Reviewed July 27, 2011

The hotel was excellent. Great value, only 5 mins drive from the centre of town.

I was looking for a room as I unexpectadly had to over night on business. Until i found Barons court I had the choice of an expensive room ina decent hotel or a cheap room in a tatty hotel. Barons court provided an excellent compromise. The room was small but nicely furnished. It was clean with a brand new on suite and sparking white towles - much better than I have had in large hotels. It also had all the nice touches of a good hotel -teas, coffee, and a kit kat!! ice machine and free view TV. The rest of the hotel was very quirky with lots of old memorabilia which I loved. The owner was extremley helpful and gave the hotel a personal touch without being invasive. He carried my case to my room, expained where I could go for a walk and eat and was happy for me to eat and drink my own food in my room room if I wished. I did not sleep well as I had been working late which menat I had difficulty getting to sleep. As I had a room at the front I could hear traffic on the main road. As i am not used to this it kept me awake. . Apart from that an excellent experience. I would definitely return but owuld ask ofr a room at the back..

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 22, 2011

The Barons Court Hotel was spectacular in every way. Keith, the manager, was friendly and helpful. The rooms were amazingly comfortable and clean. The bedding was so comfortable, that we slept better than we had in a long time. Breakfast was delicious. Even our 5-year-old daughter was so taken with the place that she said on our last day that she wished we could stay another night. The garden is beautiful and well-maintained. It could not have been more picturesque, and you cannot beat the price. We highly recommend this hotel to anyone travelling in the area. Another point of interest with the Barons Court is that they offer more TV channels in the room than most places do. This was very beneficial for us since our children enjoyed being able to watch their shows in the morning.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 7, 2011

Barons Court is quirky and interesting, a little oasis in a big city. I spent two nights there and have never been made to feel more welcome in a hotel in Britain. Nothing seems to be too much trouble and the hotel welcome information reflects this. The hotel has its own car park, pleasant gardens, a computer for guests’ use, a very reasonably priced bar tariff (though I didn’t use this) and excellent service. Keith, the manager, made a great recommendation as to where I could go for an Indian meal and even said if I didn’t want to eat out, I could have brought a take-away back to eat in the hotel’s dining room. Breakfast was tailor made and very well presented by Keith.
During my stay, I was in two different bedrooms, as I’d booked an extra night at the last minute. Both rooms were very clean and had immaculate bed linen, towels and newly fitted bathrooms. Complimentary tea and coffee facilities were very good with an invitation to replenish stocks if needed from a convenient supply on the landing, where there was also an ice machine for guests to use. The carpets in both bedrooms though, were old and I thought in need of replacing. The double bed I had was rather squeaky and not so comfortable, but in the single room, the bed was great. The windows are the original old ones, but in the room at the front (near busy Goldthorn Hill), once the double glazing is closed, the road traffic is hardly heard. The rooms at the back don’t get any traffic noise anyway. I found the TVs complicated, with separate controls for a digibox.
I loved the interesting features around the hotel i.e. its architecture, its history (displayed in original plans in a passageway) its memorabilia and arty displays and also the small but inviting garden where there were places to sit in sun or in shade. There were plenty of places to sit and relax indoors too, which makes a change from hotels where you feel it best to stay in your room.
I would definitely choose to stay here again if I were to be back in Wolverhampton. It ticks all the boxes for me, small, characterful, good location, excellent service and good value.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo