“Excellent!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Curry Lounge

The Curry Lounge
Ranked #14 of 471 Restaurants in Wolverhampton
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Bangladeshi
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Business meetings, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Excellent!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

This restaurant is amazing! Looks lovely and contemporary inside. The service was fantastic from the moment we walked in. The food came in great timing and it tasted fab! Definitely be going here agin very soon :)

1 Thank Cola90
Curry L, Manager at The Curry Lounge, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Hi Cola90,

Thank you for your review much appreciated and thanks for taking the time writing this review, we hope to see you again and at the same time we are glad that you enjoyed our food and service.

West Midlands
“New curry restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

Before I start, I suspect that other reviews on here are a bit tit for tat. The manager explained that a rival place had posted a bad review - who knows? But from reading other positive reviews I suspect that there is a bit of "beat them at their own game" - some of the very positive reviews have similarities. HOWEVER this is an excellent restaurant to add to the many in the Wolverhampton area (including the one next door). The manager falls over himself to make sure everything is OK and is very explanatory, welcoming and quite a character. He does sell food such as the lamb chops with potatoes as they have in Bangladeshi homes, but that is OK because it was very nice (possibly not suited to having a nan with it as there is not enough sauce). Complimentary starter shows just how much they are trying to make a success of it. The menu is not just run of the mill curry house fair - I was very tempted by the lamb shank and there are original spicy fusion dishes. To boot, the standard stuff is there as well at very reasonable prices and because you bring your own booze you can have a fantastic night out for very reasonable cost. The place was full and there was a good atmosphere. I would definitely go back because of the excellent service imaginative menu and good reasonably priced food.

1 Thank BladeWestMidlands
Curry L, Manager at The Curry Lounge, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear Mr Blade,

Thank you for taking the time and writing this review much appreciated, I am glad you enjoyed the food and that you were happy with everything.

I am sure you will be back soon and hope that we will better your last visit.

Thanks

“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

Cannot say a bad thing about The Curry Lounge, even if we wanted to!

We had seen the restaurant when passing and decided to give it a go. We received a very warm welcome the second that we walked through the door by a very smartly dressed gentleman. The staff were incredibly friendly and the restaurant itself was very clean and extremely well presented.

The food was absolutely beautiful, the wide range of food available on the menu made it very difficult to choose! The food was beautifully presented and incredibly tasty! The food was brought to our table very quickly, approximately 15 minutes after ordering. (which is good, as my Fiancé was famished, and would have eaten the tablecloth given the chance!!).

The manager was very friendly, regularly checking in with us and making sure that our visit was a pleasant one - which it most definitely was! The food is worth well beyond the prices set , my partner and myself had a 2 course meal, with sides for just over £25.

I would definitely recommend this restaurant, we will be returning as soon as we can! This is, by far, one of the best Indian restaurants that we have ever eaten at.

Thankyou for a wonderful meal.

2 Thank BecWebb
Curry L, Manager at The Curry Lounge, responded to this review, April 20, 2013
Dear BecWeb,

I am delighted that you and your Fiance enjoyed the food at our place as well as the service too, I am glad you have chose us whilst passing through and I am hoping that it won't just be a one time thing, as we would like for you to go through our menu to see what else we have to offer you that will delight you even further.

Again thank you for the warm words on your review much appreciated.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“a place to relax and enjoy good food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

excellent service relax atmosphere, with good selection of food choice. And not badley priced. Would definatley recommened a visit

1 Thank g6jal
Curry L, Manager at The Curry Lounge, responded to this review, April 20, 2013
Dear Happy Diner,

I would like to first thank you for trying us out and we are glad that you have enjoyed the meal and the service here, I look forward in you continuing to dine with us on a regular basis and that we will try our best to make sure we maintain this service and the quality of our food we serve here.

We really appreciate your review and the time and effort you spent in writing your feedback about our place it just goes to show that we are in the right tracks.

Hope to see you soon.

Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
“My favourite restaurant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

Love this place! A modern, clean and relaxing place to go, friendly staff and the food is amazing!!! All food is freshly prepared and well presented...but the service doesn't reflect on the cost...value for money....what more can you want!

1 Thank jemsmarie
Curry L, Manager at The Curry Lounge, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Dear Jemsmarie,

I am glad you have enjoyed the meal at our place and you are more than welcome to come again and we appreciate the time of you writing a review for us.

Hope to see you again.