“Perfect for a morning/afternoon browsing and snacking”
Review of David Austin Roses

David Austin Roses
More attraction details
Owner description: Alongside the Plant Centre are David Austin's beautiful 2 acre rose gardens. They are home to over 700 different varieties of roses, including the National Collection of English Roses which flower in fragrant flushes from late May until the first frosts. The rose gardens are open to the public 7 days a week, 9am to 5pm and entry is free. Advance booking is not required except for coach parties. Check our website for special events (Lunches, Talks, Garden Design Days) during the season.
Reviewed November 3, 2013

This is very local for me, and I've been coming here since it was just a garden centre with a shed!

It is now professional in all they do; delightful gardens, wonderful gifts and a very good cafe.
For a special occasion, you must book in for afternoon tea. It is a real experience.
I've watched this grow over many years, but it has never disappointed!

Reviewed October 26, 2013

Love going her for a browse amongst the beautiful roses (and to think - its free entry!) The place is amazing and the peacocks are amazing just roaming around! Lovely roses: never come away empty handed!

Reviewed October 8, 2013

100%Satisfaction in every Service they provided.Atmosphere in the Restaurant was excellent, service to the tables was quick and Proffesional. The choice of Meals from the Menu was amazing.The Meals were well cooked and very appertizing The Waiters and Waitresses were very polite and enjoyed discussion with there Customers.I Would have no problem with visiting this Restaurant again in the very near future.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

Had afternoon tea which was lovely and the roses stunning. Lovely setting and a great shop. However, we have been on several other occasions where the service has been consistently bad with the food arriving after several requests for it although we did notice if you were a regular or male you seemed to be served a lot quicker saying tat the food is very good but not is your in a hurry or hungry.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

All I can say is that my other half and I came away from our unplanned visit here (we ignored our Sat. Nav and took a wrong turn) with a new appreciation of the beauty of Old English Roses developed here. It restored my love of roses and we have come home with a desire to have some of these magnificent, perfumed gems in our fledgling garden.
I can't comment on the cafe or the gift shop as such, but I did notice that some customers in the gift shop seemed to be waiting a very long time to be served. The tea room/cafe was doing a brisk trade, so I guess the food was not too bad.
If you are in the Wolverhampton area and love roses then do visit.