“Excellent Curry House”
Review of Aroma

Aroma
Ranked #251 of 531 Restaurants in Wolverhampton
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Probably the best value curry house for 20 miles about . Extensive menu, very friendly staff, and because of proximity to RAF base , always well attended .Take your own booze as well so a cheap night !

1  Thank LINDYLOO99

Reviewed December 28, 2012

Have re-discovered Aroma in the past few months after first going several years ago, Why we left it so long I don't know. We have now eaten there three times recently, and had a take away. I'm not particularly fussed about Indian restaurants as I find most of them a bit of a let down. However Aroma is one of those that really stands out, and I have even been adventurous and tried several different meals. We have been as a small party of four to a large party of thirteen, and on each occasion the staff have been excellent. Be prepared to wait a little for your meal, but it is worth it and at least you know it hasn't been rushed. The take away we had was of high standard as eating in and we will be back on several occasions no doubt in 2013.

1  Thank ShropshireSunshine
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Based on my visit, I can't believe that I am the first to review this restaurant and tell people how good the food is. I can only think that that people of Albrighton are trying to keep this place as their little secret...

I have eaten in Aroma several times, but not for quite a while before our recent visit for my daughters birthday celebrations. As we live a few miles away, I suppose we've tended to stick to more local restaurants but this will change somewhat now.

On the evening we visited, the restaurant was packed to the rafters and this gave the place a nice atmosphere and a bit of a hum - I prefer a bit of noise because it shows people are enjoying themselves.

We had to wait a few minutes to be seated at our table but when I asked about the delay they sorted it out pretty quickly. The staff are friendly, willing, and gave us good service especially given the fact that there wasn't an empty seat in house. They took our orders promptly and we were all pleasantly surprised by how quickly the starters arrived at the table. The waiters cleared our empty plates promptly and the main courses arrived not long after that. Even though they were on the ball, we didn't feel at all rushed.

The best thing about this restaurant is the food. Every single person in our party would rate their food at least 9/10 and we've got pretty high standards. The tandoori lamb chops the stuffed pepper starters are delicious but the balti garlic jingha is definitely the family favourite. They'll even add a little bit more heat & spice if (like me) you prefer it a little hotter than 'medium'.
When the food got to the table it was piping hot and clearly hadn't been sitting around, which shows they're pretty well organised in the kitchen. The portion sizes were generous and some of our party couldn't finish everything!

I feel the restaurant offers terrific value for money especially considering the quality of the food. We all had starters, mains, side dishes, and sundries but the bill still came to less £20 per head.

The whole experience was very positive but if I was being really picky I'd have to raise a couple of things;

- The bar area is very small with very little seating. It can be very cramped when you have people waiting for tables and customers collecting / paying for their takeaway orders

- The restaurant isn't licensed so this means you have to take your own booze. This can be a bit inconvenient BUT it does keep the costs down AND there is a Co-op store less than 30 seconds walk away that sells a wide range of wine / beer etc.

- There is only one gent's toilet so this can lead to a bit of a wait when it gets busy.

These things certainly won't prevent us from returning - I'm sure we'll be booking up again soon and I'd recommend you do to.

**NOTE TO MANAGEMENT**
Can you start offering a delivery service to Tettenhall please especially when it's only 0.4 miles over the 5 mile delivery radius!!

4  Thank S1Russ