We stayed in a family room. The room was nice and spacious and the bed was comfortable and large. The problem with the family rooms is that they are quite a trek up and down stairs just to get to them! The room décor was a bit disappointing though, for example , in the bathroom, the skirting boards were unpainted and a bit shabby and there were gaps in the tiling work there. In the bedroom, the feature red wall was spattered with small white paint dots (looks like someone repainted the ceiling quickly) and the ceiling had water marks in one corner. There was a small patio, which on our side of the hotel, overlooked a barren looking grass field but it was inaccessible due to bars across the French doors in the room. The lack of mini-fridge and safe for your valuables in the room was also a let down (for a four star hotel I was surprised by these omissions as all my recent 3 star hotels had at least a small pin protected safe for your documents). there was an iron + board available but it was so cold even on the hottest setting it took 30 mins to iron one set of clothes. I'm not sure if the room was renovated at all yet, so hopefully these things will be rectified if they still have to do work to them.
The hotel is still undergoing major refurbishment (1 year+ now I think!) and still has no gym / pool available. The gardens looked promising, but again were full of builders equipment, so weren't suitable to use. The communal hallways are in quite a state of disrepair too so they seem very behind on their works.
The breakfast was excellent and very well cooked and the staff there were superb.
Overall I would go back, but probably not until they've completed their renovations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Newly Refurbished Mount Hotel is a grade II listed Period Property offering a variety of accommodation types standard rooms, deluxe room and executive rooms as well as a Serviced Apartment.All well appointed and Modern with FREE WIFI. The Hotel boasts an AA Rosette awarded restaurant The Drawing Room Bar and Grill wich was also a Runner up in good Food England and Wales 2014 it offers contemporary British cuisine with a twist. As well as having its own Champagne bar serving an array of Champagnes and fine wines. The Hotel also offers an array of function, conference and wedding packages in either our purpose built conference centre; Newly refurbished Mander's suite or exquisite Great Hall dating from 1890. We strive to provide the best customer experience possible and ensure all our guests are comfortable and their needs are met while visiting Wolverhampton and the surrounding areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The Mount Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mount Hotel Wolverhampton
- The Mount Hotel Wolverhampton, England