Stayed at this hotel for 1 night as part of a coach trip for a show in Birmingham. We asked for and got a downstairs room but unfortunately not a disabled room, but hey for 1 night so what !!!
The room (room 80) was down the side of the hotel which was a period style room with a 4 poster bed (without the curtains) a high deep patterned tiled ceiling and cornice and a good size, the bathroom was floor to ceiling tiled and spotlessly clean. As we were late arriving due to the volume of traffic on the motorway the hotel extended their lunch time restaurant opening time and provided us with a meal before we set off again for the theatre. The roast chicken and veg meal we had was very good and well presented and the breakfast in the morning was buffy style and good. The staff were all very friendly especially Josh the night porter who helped to lift my mobility scooter up the 3 steps to our room at 1245am and down again before he left at 8am. What bit of the hotel we did see seemed to be clean, tidy and well organized and I would have no hesitation in staying there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Within easy reach of M6/M54/M5 and NEC, the Mercure Wolverhampton Goldthorn Hotel offers some pleasant surprises. With original features throughout the bar area and a contemporary restaurant, the hotel provides an excellent setting from which to base your visit to the Midlands. There is also the opportunity to upgrade to one of six, four poster rooms, besides the other 76 well appointed en-suite bedrooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and ACCOR so you can book your Mercure Wolverhampton Goldthorn Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Goldthorn Hotel Leisure
- Mercure Wolverhampton Goldthorn Hotel England