Parking excellent, the reception was first class friendly and efficient. We were able to check into our room early. NOTE.. there isn't a lift , we were on the 3rd floor and it was hard work with the cases.No help offered. The room was ....basic and functional. Unfortunately the shower was totally useless either scalding or cold. Plenty of hot water whenever we wanted it. Hospitality tray well stocked. The bed was ultra comfortable. Carpets really need upgrading as they are very stained and look grubby. The restaurant was lovely and they coped well with the fact my husband is Coeliac .Friendly staff and good food. We used the swimming pool and sauna, only point I would make is provide locks for the lockers
. Unfortunately we had a small altercation with one of the receptionists whilst booking a table for dinner on the second night which makes me downgrade the hotel from excellent. Such a shame that one member of the team feels the need to snarl at guests..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Within easy reach of M6/M54/M5 and NEC, the Mercure Wolverhampton Goldthorn Hotel offers some pleasant surprises. With original features throughout the bar area and a contemporary restaurant, the hotel provides an excellent setting from which to base your visit to the Midlands. There is also the opportunity to upgrade to one of six, four poster rooms, besides the other 76 well appointed en-suite bedrooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and ACCOR so you can book your Mercure Wolverhampton Goldthorn Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Goldthorn Hotel Leisure
- Mercure Wolverhampton Goldthorn Hotel England