“lovely little pub !” 4 of 5 bubbles

Newhampton Inn
Ranked #68 of 469 Restaurants in Wolverhampton
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Drinks, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Tucked away in a quiet corner of Wolverhampton is the Newhampton Inn, an old-school pub with a fresh approach. Behind the impeccable Victorian exterior, we're one of Wolverhampton's most vibrant and friendly venues, brimming with character and characters. Where else would you find a wide selection of well-kept real ales, freshly-prepared modern pub food, live music, a beer garden, a bowling-green and child's play area? That's not to mention other regular treats such as the pop-up cocktail bar, barbecues and DJs spinning a laid-back selection of soul, funk and reggae? Under new management since March 2014, the Newhampton is being revived to its former glory with changes positively received by customers old and new... And there's plenty more to come!
“lovely little pub !”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

i came here recently with my partner for a cheeky baileys after a long week at work. This pub had a real mix of people and such a lovely atmosphere. I hope to return in the near future

Visited October 2012

“Home Made Chips!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

All in all a nice pub. In the winter nice log fires r lit. Good children playarea.it also has a bowling green. But excellent for food , but drinks really expensive . Bill the landlord has a loyalty card which entitles u to discount. BUT Bill only gives them to certain people ( if u r luckly).

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Lindsay240169
Wolverhampton
“Go there every week”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

Me and my husband have been going to the Newhampton for some years. We always eat lunch there on Saturdays. My husband likes the real ale and I don't drink alcohol, so I have coffee and read the newspapers. I have to be honest, lately there is no atmosphere - the last time we were in I couldn't help overhearing swearing - not only from the customers, but staff also. I understand that many people swear, but I don't want to hear it in a public place. We sometimes take our Grand-children in, so I don't want them to hear this as well. The food used to be excellent, but is now very average. If you don't eat Chlli you're left with cobs or chips. I am not allowed to eat Chilli (health reasons). I understand in the week they serve hotpots - we are only able to go in on Saturdays! The actual pub is lovely. Well kept outdoor areas and nice staff (apart from the swearing!) I don't think that it's just me who feels that if you are not on your way to the football match, hence this being the nearest pub, you don't really matter!! A fwe years ago, you were lucky to get a seat on a Saturday ( packed on match day), but the old regulars don't come in any more.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Dee M
“Old fashioned pub”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

Old fashioned pub with good service. Very friendly staff, good well kept beers. Entertainment on some evenings.

Visited September 2012
Wolverhampton
“Newhampton”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012

Tasty bar food but London prices for beer. Over the last few years increasingly slow and careless bar service. Expect to wait a long time even when moderately full.

• Visited July 2012