“Nice food”
Review of The Barley Mow

The Barley Mow
Ranked #37 of 528 Restaurants in Wolverhampton
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: A warm and welcoming family pub, serving home cooked food and an excellent range of local and national real ales.
Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

Food is good the place is a bit frayed around the edges and the tables all a bit sticky, could do with a good clean but it's ok on the whole, no frills.

1  Thank andycat2

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Always a pleasure to visit this pub, to relax with friends for a drink or to have a really delicious meal. This friendly pub strikes the perfect balance of preserving our much-loved traditional ale-serving establishments alongside the demand for quality meals. The welcoming service is always outstanding, even during the busiest of times. The range of real ales is professionally managed and are a joy to drink! (I used to like lager!!)
The meals are very substantial, offering a tasty, home-cooked flavour with fresh accompaniments to enhance the meals at no extra cost (most choices come as part of the main meal). I have no complaints about the many meals I have had in this unique pub.
The atmosphere that prevails in this pub is so relaxed and different that I can honestly say that if I had family or friends visiting Wolverhampton I would definitely take them to the Barley Mow.
I also appreciate the fact that walkers and dogs are made very welcome at the pub - thank you!!
And finally but NOT least the Ladies Toilets are always so clean are well looked after.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

Just thought I'd write a review after my visit to the Barley Mow last weekend. As a regular here, I feel its long overdue! As always, the food was lovely, portion sizes are excellent for the money and everything down to the side salad is prepared with care and consideration.

Staff are polite and professional but know how to crack a smile/joke.

It can sometimes be a little busy at the weekend, especially on a Friday or Saturday evening...if you're trying it for the first time and it appears busy, please wait for a table...it will definitely be worth it!

Honestly can't fault the place. A****

1  Thank Richballsl
Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

Food was excellent, normal to pricey but it was delicious. Quiet in the actual pub but it was half 1 in afternoon. Staff friendly and polite

Reviewed September 4, 2013

My partner and I decided to visit this pub late one Sunday afternoon for a drink. It was that nice we decided to have Sunday lunch and pudding. The beef dinner was lovely and the pudding was delightful. We sat outside to eat and it was so relaxing we could have stayed there all night. It's in a lovelt setting and the building is old and quirky. Will definitely go again.