“Very nice”
Review of The Barley Mow

The Barley Mow
Ranked #39 of 531 Restaurants in Wolverhampton
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: A warm and welcoming family pub, serving home cooked food and an excellent range of local and national real ales.
Reviewed March 3, 2013

This was our first visit to the barley mow. The staff were all very friendly and all seemed to be in control of a very busy atmosphere. The steaks were very good, my husband had the 24oz t bone which was cooked beautifully. There are various types of real ale to choose from that went down really well. Well worth a visit.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

Its been a few months since our last visit but what a dissapointment !, saw the chips coming out and thought are we in the barley mow that we know !. When our meal arrived it had the same over cooked frozen chips (not hand cut as advertised) hard brown full of fat, the steak was small but nice, then two big greasy dripping with fat mushrooms on the top plus the worst homemade onion rings you have ever tasted !. On leaving my children and my wife complained of feeling sick to which im not suprised as i think we had consumed enough oil to run a battle ship or sink it ! Beer spot on abbot ale, jaipur brilliant but combined with a meal bring your own bucket as you will not reach the golf club gates without calling for ruuth ! come on folks sort it out and help my cholestrol .

crvltd, Owner at The Barley Mow, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

I am sorry to hear about your issues with your visit to the Barley mow, as you will see from previous reviews, this isn't the usual impression we leave with our patrons, I am surprised to hear about the chips because since we swapped them to a far superior product 99% of our customers love them, I hope to see you again to enable us to rectify your impression of the Barley Mow.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

I have been going here for many years and in fact for about 15 years I lived just a short walk away so visited regularly.

The food is consistently good, the service is friendly and the bar always has a nice treat for real ale lovers. It gets very crowded but this does not impact upon the quality of the service or the food. If it is busy then they will be honest about how long you have to wait for food showing that it is freshly cooked. You can then make your mind up about how long you are prepared to wait, unlike at some places where you are never told just how long it will take and then just sit waiting.

The pub is a lovely venue for sitting outside in the summer, when we get one, and they could do with a few more seats as I have had to sit on the grass a few times. On the downside, the regulars who visit almost nightly with their pet dogs could clean up after them when soil in the garden area.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

We had a lovely lunch before Christmas: 4 adults, 2 teens and a child. Food was good, with large portions adn servcie with a smile. I recommend this place

1  Thank HappyWondering
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Often come here for a beer or 2 as have friends who live in the local area but not had food before. Decided to break that run by meeting up with said friends for a nice sunday lunch during the holidays. This was a good move, the dinner we were served was superb.

I had a turkey roast dinner. Beef was also available, I believe there was a vegetarian option but that doesn't interest me. The turkey was moist , tasty, succulent and there was plenty of it!!! So onto a winner already.

The rest of my plate was mixed seasonal veg, roasties, boiled potatoes, stuffing and a homemade gravy. I really enjoyed my lunch and complemented my meal with a great pint of a real local ale. I was full-up after my meal, something that is quite a feat!!!

Price was very competitive and the service was fab.

Thanks to all for my super sunday lunch, I will be back.