“Fantastic food !!”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I would have to say Bella is probably the best restaurant in Wolverhampton. Really well presented excited food with a great taste. More of the higher end of pricing but worth the treat. Great place to go on a special occasion.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

The food here is lovely and the atmosphere never let's you down.I have only one small negative comment to pass the tables are slightly on top of each other money over comfort slightly but this by no means deters you from going.

Yes the price is slightly high but for out favourite foods on our door step and for customer service in my opinion well worth it.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

This place, what's it all about? They seem to think that they are running the Ritz by the attitude of some of the staff. I got the feeling that they were doing me a favour serving me!

Situated next to and overlooking a main road junction in Wolverhampton city centre this restaurant has little to boast about.

It was a bit pretentious and snooty; very mutton dressed as lamb, this saying definitely matches a woman who goes too far trying to look fab only to look more drab (or ridiculous, take your pick). I had to look outside to remind myself I was in Wolverhampton.

The food though was lovely. Starters delicious. Main I ordered a steak and it was well done – not what I asked for which was medium :( .
Desserts are for an acquired taste as the best had sold out, but no complaints.

The sort of place I would probably go on a Tuesday evening not at the weekend, or a quick bite at lunchtime, it lacked atmosphere but maybe this is just Wolverhampton ha ha...

Much better than Don Salvo in many ways, if you are picking between the two I would recommend Bella. Seems like Mr Don Salvo needs to learn to be nice to his staff so that they can have some job satisfaction. Perhaps it is time to call Gordon Ramsay. :')

2  Thank katsaprincess
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I,m afraid this restaurant did not leave a good taste in my mouth.
It did not bode well when the maitresse d'hote booked me in for the wring night, then told me the incorrect time and I got two stroppy phone calls from the aforementioned maitresse d.
I waited 20 minutes to order my food since the staff did not seem to see my party sitting waiting, perhaps it was because we were late- see previous point.
I ordered chicken pasta and got 5 very small pieces of chicken for £10, one of my friends- a vegetarian only had three meals to choose from.
Clearly it did not go down well that we had only a main course and did not want the overpriced starters, desserts or wine.
Overall my experience was that the staff were unwelcoming, not interested in seeing to our needs and in the case of the maitresse d rude, sullen and unprofessional. Since my family work in the food business, I know what to expect.

Definitely one to avoid unless you like to be treated rudely and served average and overpriced food. Not so Bella, Bella !!!!!!!!!

3  Thank M W
Reviewed May 24, 2013

I have always loved Bella since we first went about 7 or 8 years ago, I said then it was the best restaurant in town and despite a bit more competition now I still stand by that. We visited on the Livingsocial offer this time, 3 courses each at lunchtime for £6.50 each, this menu normally being available for £12.95 which still seems good value. They were very accomodating in letting us bring our 15 month old even though we were on the special deal and we were seated in the bright, modern restaurant. The menu offered 3 choices at each course, for starter there was minestrone soup, antipasti or mussels, for mains 3 pasta dishes and dessert was tiramisu, pannacotta or profiteroles. We had a bottle of Peroni each and starters of mussels and soup, both were served in good portions and were extremely tasty, for mains I had the Penne Arrabiata (sic) and my wife the linguine with smoked salmon, again both were good portions and very nice. For dessert we had a tiramisu and profiteroles, the tiramisu was a huge portion and was amongst the best I've ever had, again the profiteroles were lovely. Overall it was amazing value for what we paid and I wouldn't hesitate to go back and pay full price.